• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First PkMn Showdown Team

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
  • Lucario (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 128 HP / 100 Atk / 104 Def / 88 SAtk / 88 SDef
    Brave Nature
    - Aura Sphere
    - Ice Punch
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flash Cannon

Charizard (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 112 HP / 100 Atk / 92 Def / 100 SAtk / 104 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Air Slash
    - Brick Break

Garchomp (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Rough Skin
    Happiness: 50
    EVs: 124 HP / 88 Atk / 88 SAtk / 108 SDef / 100 Spd
    Lonely Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Frustration

Gengar (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 125 HP / 150 Atk / 125 SAtk / 108 Spd
    Gentle Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Shadow Ball
    - Brick Break
    - ThunderPunch

Alakazam (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 100 HP / 78 Atk / 110 Def / 120 SAtk / 100 SDef
    Serious Nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Shock Wave
    - Shadow Ball

Swampert (M) @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 88 HP / 108 Def / 100 SAtk / 100 SDef / 112 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

Earlier Floatzel was in the place of Swampert with Aqua Jet, Blizzard, Crunch, Surf/Waterfall.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
  • Alright. I'd hate to say it, but there are quite a few problems with your team here, seeing you are most likely running in the OU Tier. Luckily, I can help you out :D

For Lucario, he is best with holding Life Orb to give him a well needed power boost. Also, Lucario is not meant for bulk, because he can still be easily be OHKO'd by almost any Fire and Ground move. Here is what I would recommend:

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Swords Dance
    - Ice Punch/Crunch/Stone Edge

As for Charizard, he does not work well in the OU Tier. If you're looking specifically for a fire type sweeper, I would go for a Pokemon like Infernape:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 64 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 192 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power Ice

Now for Garchomp. As for him, you should never run a Frustration set for Garchomp imo, because he has many other talents that could be put to better use. Also, try not to always use Shell Bell and spread out EVs for bulk, because that wastes potential for that Pokemon. There are many sets to be used with Garchomp, so here are a couple of them that would find most use on your team:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang/Aqua Tail
    - Dual Chop
    This set utilizes Garchomp's immense power and great coverage. Choose Fire Fang over Aqua Tail for sweeping common walls such as Ferrothorn and Forretress, and choose the vice versa to counter Rain teams, seen almost as often as Drought Ninetails in current metagame. Also use Dual Chop to break through any Substitutes to get in your way.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast / Aqua Tail / Protect

This set I would prefer, seeing your team mostly utilizes sweepers and would need a support set like this. However, this team does has an excess of Special sweepers and get walled, so the above choice could also be one to prefer. He is best used as a lead with natural bulk and set up Stealth Rock, using Dragon Tail to dish out some individual damage. Fire Blast is to wipe out any Steel type in combination with Earthquake, and Aqua Tail once again for Rain. Protect is simply used to scout out Choice users and safely switch in.

At this point, you need a spinner. Based on your team as of now and Ferrothorn being out of the question due to heavy presence of Drought, I would run Starmie:

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

Use Hydro Pump rather than Surf imo because of Rain presence. Or, you could use Donphan as a better lead and also great spinning capabilities.

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    I would definitely prefer this over Starmie, as long as you run an offensive Garchomp and Aqua Tail for Rain revenge killing.

Now, we come to the point that your team is almost entirely sweepers. Where's the love for walls?! So now, rather than Alakazam lets go with a well needed Reuniclus. Even as a partial wall, it can still well utilize sweeping and Magic Guard.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpAtk
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic/Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Fire

Use Shadow Ball to counter a Ghost weakness, and Hidden Power Fire to counter Bug. 'Nuff said.

Now, for a bulky water type. Although you do have Swampert,there are other Pokemon like this that better play this part in OU. Not only can a Poke like this utilize Rain, but can also hold its own against a few Pokes on a Drought team (obviously not Ninetails or Venusaur however). Let's go with one of my faves, Rotom-W.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

This set is meant to counter SpA, so it works well in weather. Use Thunder Wave to cripple common threats that would try to switch into Rotom, especially Venusaur. Use Will-O-Wisp to counter any physical attackers, but I would sooner use Thunder Wave as the better option.

And there it is! Hope you have some fun on Showdown!

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
  • You need a Normal Type tank to destroy most of a team and really annoy your opponent. I wouldn't know what to switch out to implement it into your team, but I recommend -

Lickilciky @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SpD
    - Curse
    - Dragon Tail
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Firstly, you spam Curse at least 5 times. Then, you simply use Dragon Tail until you become low on health and then you Rest and use Sleep Talk. It helped me a lot when I used to battle comp at Smogon.

* EDIT: Oops, it seems you are probably going to be battling in the OU Tier and Lickilicky is NU! >-< Sorry for the inconvenience! *

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To build on to what Zylas said:

Lucario can also use Bullet Punch in its last slot as an alternate form of priority for Ghosts.

I'd change Infernape's EV spread to 180 Atk/76 SAtk/252 Spe. The legendary musketeers (and Galvantula, to a lesser extent) have the same base Speed as Infernape and Infernape needs all the Speed it can get this time around:
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Close Combat
    -ThunderPunch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/U-turn/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 180 Atk/76 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Leftovers is worth considering on Starmie because it will wear itself down quickly between spinning away hazards and attacking with its other moves.

I'd say that Ferrothorn is a better fit on the team over Reuniclus because of its ability to set up hazards and check opposing Water Pokemon alongside Rotom-W; most of your Pokemon are fast, so Reuniclus Trick Room may end up screwing them over if Reuniclus goes down before Trick Room ends:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
    -Power Whip/Protect/Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Back