• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Sinnoh Adventure

Hakuren-Hibiscus

Pkmn Trainer from the Sinnoh Region
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2016
    Chapter One: A New Adventure
    Hello, and welcome to my Pokemon Adventure. My name is Hakuren, and I am from the Sinnoh region. I am gender-fluid, so I am reffered to using both male and female pronouns, though biologically, I am female. I was born in Sunnyshore City, along the quiet beaches of the region. However, my mother wanted a small town to live in, and when I was only 13, we moved to the small town of Twinleaf. I have long, black-brown hair and brown eyes. I wear thick, black framed glasses. I'm considered pale as a ghost, despite the sunny location I've lived in. Now that you know a little more about me, why don't we begin my story?
    My story starts in early April. I had just recently turned 18. My hyper friend Rorick came barging into my room. Yes. This seems like a perfect place to start my story.
    "Hey, Haku! I heard Professor Rowan was in the area! Professor Rowan," he repeated the name for emphasis, I'm sure, "is well known! Maybe we can talk him into giving us a Pokemon of our very own?!"
    He was jumping up and down at this point, and I was just slowly wiping away the sleep from my eyes.
    "Rorick, do you know what time it is?" I groaned.
    He glanced at the clock, and his mouth slowly opened as though he were really going to answer. I waved him off, and he knew that was his cue to close his mouth.
    Despite shushing him, I still slowly climbed out of bed. I was curious as to why my mother had allowed the brunette boy into my room while I slept, but I didn't question it. Rorick turned away as I got dressed in a simple green t-shirt and khaki shorts, binding my chest as was my normal. Rorick and I left my house with a light wave to my mother, reading the newspaper like usual. Rorick raced towards Route 201 to the north of the town. I groggily followed after, cramming my breakfast bar into my mouth as we went along.
    "Rorick," I called after him as he headed towards the tall grass to our right. He didn't even spare me a glance, and I quickly decided that I'd have to jog to catch up to him. "Rorick!" I called again, louder and more urgent. He finally turned this time.
    "What's up, Haku?" he asked, grinning at me as he stood at the tall grass's edge.
    "Isn't it dangerous to go into the tall grass without our own Pokemon?" I asked.
    My green-eyed friend scoffed in reply. "Pssh. We can make it! Those are just rumors, don't you know?" he said proudly. "If we just run as fast as we can, I'm sure we can make it to Sandgem Town without a hitch."
    A frown started to form on my face. "Rorick, I don't think this is a good idea...," I mumbled.
    He didn't seem to hear me, or perhaps he was just ignoring me. He took a few steps back before bounding towards the tall grass. I was forced to follow him for fear of my close friend's safety. We made it through the first patch of grass without any encounters, but as we rounded the corner, a larger patch of tall grass greeted us.
    "Rorick, maybe we should turn back now?" I mumbled, but yet again the boy ignored me and ran into the grass top speed. I raced after him, and a breath of relief flowed from my chest when we reached the border of Route 201 and Sandgem Town.
    A forboding laboratory greeted us at the entrance to the Town. Rorick's green eyes seemed to fill with joy while all I felt was simple relief for being able to avoid any wild Pokemon encounters.
    "This is it, Haku!" he cheered. "This is Professor Rowan's lab! The news said he just returned from the Johto region a little while ago, so he must be here, right?"
    I nodded, but I think Rorick was mostly asking this to himself and not expecting a reply from me. Rorick happily reached towards the lab's door handle, happily nodding at the VISITORS WELCOME sign posted on the front. He swung the door open and went inside, me following close behind.
    It was a flurry of men in white labcoats around the lab. Rorick had to stop occasionally to avoid running into anyone and I stayed close to my friend. Some of the men nodded at us, but most of them paid us no mind. We weaved through the lab until we came to a large room with a sign nearby that read PROF ROWAN'S OFFICE. It was a large open room with the large wooden doors held open by Rhyhorn door stops.
    I quietly followed Rorick into the office, a frown seemingly permanantly etched onto my lips. An older gentleman sat at his desk, quietly overlooking his paperwork. Three red and white Pokeballs sat on a machine near him.
    "Uh, hello?" Rorick asked, nervousness seeming to finally catch up with him.
    The old gentleman looked up and pulled his glasses off his face. "Huh? Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you come in. I'm Professor Rowan. How can I help you two children?" he said, his voice deep and crackled.
    "I'm Rorick, and this is my friend Hakuren. We're here to get a Pokemon, if we could," Rorick stuttered.
    Professor Rowan looked us over. I could see his old eyes focusing on the grass stains and dirt clinging to our clothes from our run through Route 201's tall grass. A frown began to gather on his face.
    "Where did you two come from?" he asked, his eyes narrowed.
    Lecture incoming, I thought to myself.
    "Uh, we came from Twinleaf Town, just south of here," Rorick said, nervously looking at his feet now. I'm sure he could feel the lecture coming in as well.
    A long rant about not having Pokemon and going into the tall grass and being stupid fooling children later....
    "So you two wanted Pokemon so bad that you'd cross tall grass to get one?" he asked. Slowly Rorick nodded but I stayed silent. Professor Rowan was mostly speaking to Rorick, my silence makingn me almost invisible to him. The professor sighed heavily as he pointed towards the maching with the three Pokeball I had noted earlier. "Choose one from there, then. It'd be so much safer for you two if you just had your own Pokemon."
    Suddenly all of Rorick's shyness at meeting his idol disolved as my hyper friend jumped for joy. He turned to me. "Did you hear that, Haku?!" he shouted. "We get our own Pokemon! Hey, I'm practically an adult, so why don't you choose your's first?"
    I nodded and went to the machine. I peered down at the three Pokemon before me. A green turtle with a leaf on its head, a red-orange chimp, or a blue penguin.
    "I choose..... Turtwig. And I'll name.... him, uh.... Aspidochelone (asp-i-doe-kel-oh-n), after the turtle with the island growing on its back from mythology, but I'll nickname you Chelone (kehl-oh-n)," I said happily as I picked up my new Turtwig's Pokeball.
    "Well, if you're choosing Turtwig, then I'll pick up this Chimchar, and going after you, I'll name him Sun Wukong, after the great Monkey King in Chinese mythology," Rorick said as he came up beside me to pick up his Chimchar.
    And that is where my journey begins, and this is where I'll end this chapter.
    Pokemon Platinum Storyplay:
    Trainer: Hakuren
    Pokemon Team:
    Chelone the (M) Turtwig

Back