• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Poke-Crossed Lovers (Shipping Drabbles & Others)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Since Save Fail & We All Go Down Together were already posted on this site, I've decided to post the rest of the drabbles/oneshots here. You can find them also on my fan-fiction net account & my Ao3.

FF https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12134302/1/Poke-Crossed-Lovers

Ao3 http://archiveofourown.org/series/415278

The first one is Unrequited, it's Rated K (these drabbles are K-M for language, subject material and sexual content) and it's pairing is Professor Sycamore/Meyer (Lubricantshipping).

++

Augustine loved his job. Really. He did. He loved handing out Pokémon to kids, he loved working with people, he loved working with Pokémon; he was literally living his dream. But there was something missing. An emptiness lingering since late last year when he met a mysterious masked Superhero dressed up as a Blaziken (very poorly, might he add).

He disguised his voice naturally, it was smooth, and rather sexy. As Blaziken Mask cradled the Pokémon Professor in his arms, jumping from roof top to roof top, running away from the gang of teenagers who had been pissed off because he said something stupid while drunk – because it was Christmas and it was one of those nights and he needed a drink – something clicked.

He was being a damsel in distress. Shit.

Once when he was five, when he wasn't Augustine but when he was Agatha, he had always dreamed of being carried off by a knight in shining armor. Then, when he turned twelve and his hormones betrayed him, he started to cut his hair and call himself Augustine, trying to disguise his voice and become like what Blaziken Mask is today – right here – right now. He swore to himself he would never need saving.

He wasn't worth saving anyway.

When Blaziken Mask set him down, very, very carefully he got the slightest whiff of motor oil that he swore he's smelled before. In a little repair shop hidden amongst cafes and bakeries, there was a repair shop run by a man named Meyer. He had two kids, Clemont who was the Gym Leader of Lumoise City, and Bonnie who was too young to have a Pokémon but she still loved them regardless.

He would repair some of Augustine's broken machines, bent over, muscles showing, smelling of oil. It hit him like an oncoming stampede, once again he figured out Blaziken Mask's identity on the night he met him. 'Meyer.' But when he was home, in his small one-bedroom apartment (a rather nice apartment, just for one person. it was lonesome on holidays, such as tonight, where he drank his worries away.) he stared up at the ceiling wondering about that fateful encounter.

Meyer. He'd have to ask him tomorrow.

But he never did. He was too chicken to ask. And then he was too busy. And then even busier. And then – Lysander came, and left. And then he was depressed again. It repeated in his mind like a metronome 'I'm not worth saving.' That he should just give up. One morning, when he went out to get personal supplies to clean up bodily fluids he really didn't want to mention, he saw Meyer on his way home from the supermarket.

"Augustine, how have you been?" Meyer pulled up on his scooter with his Ampharos, smelling of oil and sweat.

'Coping,' The Professor sighed mentally, but physically he managed a smile. He knew the vigilante could tell it was fake. "Oh. I'm fine. New trainers are coming in all the time, as usual." 'And you still are clueless as ever, but that's ok. I still am crazy about you.' God, he was pathetic, he either needs to get over it, or he needs to confess his love now.

And it was killing him. The holidays were coming up soon, and Professor was too far off to survive another one alone.

"Say… Augustine. Would you be willing to spend Christmas with me this year?"

…. The humbleness of the offer, Meyer holding a hand behind his neck, blushing slightly. How could he say no. But then again, why would he want the Professor to – "Bonnie and Clemont aren't around, traveling with Ash n' all, they won't make it back in time," Ah. Right. "So it's kinda lonesome with just Clembot and I. Whaddya say?" That smile was too perfect to reject.

But the fear of getting hurt again.
The fear of letting go.
The fear of falling, and not having someone to hold on to –

"Sure." Augustine smiled. It was a chance he had to take. "See you this Sunday."

The Ampharos on Meyer's scooter chirped, threw up her arms and smiled. It was adorable, both trainer and Pokémon mimicked each other. It seemed like they had been together for a long time… Could Augustine end up like that with someone as well, someday?

"8 PM, Sunday. See you then!" And like that, he was gone again. Just like the night he jumped off the rooftops and disappeared into the moonlight. A trail of smoke and motor oil left in the dust as he sped away on his little scooter, once again leaving the Professor to wonder.

Augustine wore a red burgundy sweater and black pants with matching black boots. Nothing too fancy, nothing too complicated. But a jacket to make sure he wouldn't get too cold in the two feet of snow that was covering Lumoise outside this winter, he made his trek out to Meyer's house. He'd seen the inside of it before while visiting the shop. The mechanic had allowed him inside while Clembot made him a cup of tea (bless him). Apparently Meyer was making dinner for the two of them tonight and giving Clembot some well-deserved rest.

Not that he minded… it was just suspicious. Very suspicious. If Meyer had something to say, why didn't he just say it? Was he flirting one-sidedly? Were there any winks or wolf-whistles that he just hadn't been catching this past year? Where there any blushes that had been extra red that he didn't get? What did he want to say?

I really like you and I think we should start dating.

Probably was too good to be true. Meyer had been married, no way could Augustine replace the love of his life that was a woman. Let alone now a trans-man. No. He was a freak compared to whatever beautiful creature Meyer was able to love then and produce children with. He couldn't live up to those standards.

And now, he was standing in front of the little house, right next to it the all-too-familiar mechanic shop was next door. He felt himself slinking further away. Deep inside he didn't want to go in, he wanted to run. He wanted to say something came up and he couldn't make it. But, right when he was about to leave, Meyer came out.

"Augustine, I'm glad you could make it!"

Dammit! Augustine turned, smiling, showing a peace offering gift he managed to get on the way there. 'Cause that was the kind of guy he was, it was a bottle of wine from Johto, not that they make the best or anything. But he remembers being in Olivine City, and drinking really good wine there, and being with Lysander on Christmas a few years ago. And really having a nice time. And not being depressed as shit like he is now.

So he thought he'd get it in tribute to that.

"Coroco? That's an imported wine!" Meyer laughed. God. He was beautiful when he did that. Augustine came into the house, the stove had made everything inside smell good and feel all toasty. There was an aroma of desert lingering in the air. It felt homey. "But I'm sure it'll go nicely with what we're having."

He never asked how expensive it was, he didn't pester or baby Sycamore like past dates. Not that Lysander ever did either, but still. The two men were highly similar, despite their fashion choices being different and their smells also being absent… Lysander smelt of expensive cologne and leather, and Meyer smelt of oil and sweat. But he still loved both.

He missed Lysander, so much. It hurt. But he had to move on.

Meyer was right. The pasta he cooked went well with the the wine. Though, after a few sips, Augustine was beginning to feel lightheaded. It was a habit at this time of year, he was often getting drunk whenever he was alone to make his sorrows go away. But, he stopped himself and reached for something sweet instead.

"You alright, Augustine? You've been drinking a lot," Meyer hadn't touched much of his wine, but he had kept an eye on the Professor almost the entire time while they had been talking. Some of his speech was starting to slur after a few sips, and he was getting worried.

"Yes, I'll stop now. I apologize – I just… Christmas is when I spend time alone." He sighs, taking a bite of gingerbread, trying to think of something else other than the wine in front of him. He pushes it further away. "I didn't mean to trouble you."

Meyer's eyes widen. Had the Professor been dumped? Or had he… Oh no… "I apologize, Augustine. I didn't realize the holidays brought back bad memories for you," Meyer reached for a cookie, thinking exchanging their wine glasses for milk would be good right now. "I've been spending mine alone recently, with Bonnie and Clemont and all. I just assumed you spent time with your coworkers, if I had known…"

Agh! He's so sweet! Meyer isn't an idiot. He's a very smart man. Being Blaziken Mask he had much needed ito take down criminals, and track them down (probably) Though, Meyer didn't know that his identity had been deduced. As much as Sycamore wanted to let him know, and study his Mega Stone, he didn't want to bring it up right now. He wasn't in the mood.

So, shaking his head, he hummed. "I do. But when I head home, it's…" Empty. Without him. Void of any feeling. Sad. Lonely. God I miss you. "I used to have a partner to spend the holidays with, and now, since he passed…" He slipped out, he might as well confirm it. If Meyer hated him for it, well. That would be a sign.

And yet Meyer didn't say anything like that. He just lowered his eyes to the wine glasses, somberly. Full of sadness, like he understood. And he did, he lost his wife – though the good Professor never knew how. Clemont and Bonnie never mentioned it. He didn't even think Ash or Serena knew.

"When I lost my wife, I went into depression. Even started drinking. It was… A rough time." He sighed, gripping the cookie tighter in his hand. "I well, we… Didn't have a lot of fun holidays for a while. My brother had to come over from the Johto region to help out. There was support, but sometimes I needed someone to yell in my face, and even punch me a few times,"

… It was silent for a while, Sycamore gave him that respect.

"But my kids – I – they. Bonnie came to me and said 'mama isn't gone, papa, she's always here for us whenever you need her. She just isn't here, here.' And gods, that day I never touched the stuff again, vowed to protect my kids and my entire family. My brother and I still stay in touch more than ever, and well, if I had known," He sighs, using a free hand to ruffle his hair. "Augustine, you know you can rely on me for things like that, right?"

Augustine frowned. It wasn't that simple. He wished it was, but it wasn't. He was in love with Meyer. He couldn't let go. But Meyer… Just didn't get it. And it was breathtaking to watch. The man was right in front of him. And – "I… I should leave."

"Augustine, why? I thought," Meyer tugged at the Professor's pant leg as he sat up, looking at him with those adorable, pleading eyes. The man pleaded the other to stay. What had he done wrong?

"My feelings aren't that simple, I wish they were, but they weren't!" He was shaking now, Augustine got himself out of Meyer's grip. The Professor instinctively wrapped his arms around his waist and bolted for the door. Meyer got up, and followed him.

"Augustine –wait."

When Meyer managed to catch him at the door, it was snowing outside. Snow was on Augustine's head, there was snow in the doorway. And when Meyer grabbed the Professor he turned around and kissed him. The two men closed their eyes for a minute, not really caring about anything else that was going on, or what would happen next.

But when Meyer opened his eyes – Augustine had turned around. "I'm sorry." His voice was cracked, like he was on the verge of sobbing. He didn't know what the punishment would entail on his life, but he did it and that was probably all he was going to get. "But, I love you. I really do, and your amazing. Your beautiful. Everything you do – your laugh. Your smile. God. it reminds me of –" Him. "This is why I can't do this. I'm sorry Meyer."

And Meyer stood there for a minute, frozen. If he let Augustine go now, he'd go home, and make himself sick, or hurt himself – or. Wait, do you love him? That thought made him jump. No. He didn't. But he didn't want Augustine to get hurt… Augustine is a grown man. He can take care of himself. He'll call the lab tomorrow, and make sure he was alright… Alive.

He had just kissed Augustine Sycamore.

Oh shit.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
This is actually listed as the eighth story on Ao3 in the Poke-Crossed lover's series. But in terms of events, it's the sequel to Unrequited. That's why I'm posting it second. For material, it's rated K+

++

Meyer was stumped. Calling was useless, going to the lab was useless because he didn't want to get strange looks… So that left Meyer to think alone for a few days after it their accidental kiss had happened. It was snowing again that Tuesday morning, why a Tuesday? He didn't know, maybe because he didn't get this specific thing done last week so he had to do it at least sometime this week. So, why not now.

Maybe he'd see Augustine there. (Yeah, maybe.)

Meyer was no idiot. He had sort of knew about Augustine's relationship with Lysander before his death. And, no, it wasn't because he looked at his gravestone to see it well decorated with flowers, only to make his gut feel queasy with guilt, thinking he should have more flowers at his wife's grave. He knew because all of Lumiose knew.

They loved gossiping in this city, you couldn't get around without someone saying something behind your back. Alexa of course would be on it, reporting about it, then gossiping about it to her sister Viola who works in Salutane City as the Gym Leader there. So again – who didn't know?

He wondered if the good Professor knew about this, maybe Lysander. He seemed to deduce people a lot. He was smart, or so it seemed. Meyer never really got a chance to meet him properly. Not that it mattered. But, when Augustine kissed him on Christmas… Was he really head over heels for him – or –

Stop. Your freaking out. Breathe.

Meyer sighed, trying to keep a one-track mind. He wanted to move on from this. But he also wanted to make sure Augustine was okay. Thing is though – he was straight. He couldn't fall in love with a man…

Or could you?

That Blaziken Mask persona purred in his mind, and he scolded it again. He told it to shut up, he didn't need advice right now. When he first truly met Augustine Sycamore it was when the man was drunk last year on Christmas Eve, why he was who knew. Maybe Lysander wasn't there – he seemed like the guy who kept himself busy most days.

Brain, I command you to stop, now! He wasn't thinking about it! No, no no this was wrong! He had been married! Along with his wife he had produced two beautiful children. What would they think if he started a relationship with a man? Bonnie and Clemont would want you to be happy, you know that, Meyer. Blaziken Mask smirked again. Meyer snarled, stomping off in anger like a huffy child.

He didn't need to talk about this. There was no need to. He was perfectly fine the way he was.

…. Okay, maybe he was being a little conceited.

A little? Blaziken Mask cackled, he tried not to look at his concerned partner as they jumped across the rooftops of Lumoise. The moon was full tonight. Just like it was when he first met Sycamore. Fuck. Why can't he stop thinking about it?! Because you know what you want.

A snarl and Mega Blaziken chirped. He was definitely concerned now. But just then – they saw a man backed up in an alleyway. It was a rather ungodly sight. No Pokémon to protect him, just a few other men that looked a lot heftier than him.

Blaziken Mask and partner stayed hidden. "You little queer fuck, you wanna mess with us?" Meyer tried not to wince at the words but as the larger man threw a punch in towards the feeble-looking boy, he winced and just then, Mega Blaziken charged and blocked his punch.

"What?!" One of the gang members yelled, surprised to see another Pokémon like that? Yeah, he'd be too. But when Blaziken Mask appeared they all stayed silent and still in their tracks. "Boss, it's Blaziken Mask… We better run…" The other's was in a whisper but Meyer could still here him, he glowered, obviously unhappy.

Obviously he was going to teach these guys a lesson.

"I'm not runnin – this punk owes us! Little queer freak needs to hold up his end of the deal!" The boy winced, Meyer glanced towards the boy, well, man. He was roughly in his mid-twenties. He looked thin and boney, he had cuts and bruises on his face like before he had taken a good beating from them… How long had this been going on?

"Go – Marowak!" Great. A ground type against a fire type. Meyer grit his teeth as the Pokémon came closer "Bone Rush!"

"Up in the air –dodge!" And with great distance Mega Blaziken dodged the attack. They all seemed shocked, yeah, he would be too. He grinned – this was the rush he loved while patrolling. But he had to play his cards right. He couldn't let Blaziken get hit by a ground-type attack. "Focus Punch!"

Though even that wouldn't do much damage, it was still something. Blaziken's fist glowed and from the sky it came in and hit Marowak on the head with a powerful punch.

"Use Double Edge –"
"- Use Flamethrower –"

Both attacks happened at the same time and in a fiery panic, both Pokémon burst out all their power. A massive flame burst into the sky. They all braced themselves for the massive power wave and heat that came their way.

They were still standing and neither Pokémon looked tired. Shit. He really should get different types to patrol with him. But he was Blaziken Mask, what others would work with him?

Water types would help. Blaziken Mask scolded Meyer again, he rolled his eyes mentally. Shut up. Meyer groaned and he continued the battle sending out a Blaze Kick towards a dazed Marowak.

And surprise surprise, that did it. Marowak was down and out. But Blaziken was tired. It didn't revert back to normal yet, though. The thugs were shaking, and they glared at the boy which was being guarded by both Meyer and Pokémon. Meyer snarled. "Leave. Don't use Pokémon for acts such as these, it's immoral an unethical, I won't call the cops tonight – but serve this as a warning."

The leader, who had just gotten his ass whooped, laughed. "Immoral? Unethical? Yeah. Right." Mega Blaziken still proved he had some fire left in him by flaring up, and the bipedal chicken cracked his knuckles, glaring at the thugs. They squealed like little girls. "S-Sorry! Won't happen again!"

Meyer turned to the boy – the man – who tried to help himself upright better. He groaned, Meyer went over to him to help. "Stop," He shook his hand, Meyer stepped back, agape slightly. "I didn't need your help."

Meyer blinked, so did Blaziken. "You should've arrested them." The boy sighed. "They were blackmailing me. Now they'll just come back."

His voice was shaken, nervous, and a little terrified. He was hugging himself, and as he stepped into the light, Meyer got a full view of his features… A boy… With an A-Cup… This boy was trans. He didn't have his Adam's Apple fully formed yet, and he seemed to be doing a poor job at hiding his breasts… But… Those guys were –

"What happened. Please, tell me." He may not go to the police right away, but he needs to know. This isn't right, whatever it is. "Not only you are in danger but others and Pokémon as well, please, tell me what's going on." The boy winced, ruffling his hair.

"I'm trans." He sighed. "They used that as a way to blackmail me by taking… Photos of me."

"Photos?" Meyer's voice was low, barely a whisper. Blaziken looked worried as he glanced to his partner.

"My little sister is sick in the hospital. My parents need money to keep her there since it's a good place, these guys said they would help –"

"And you went there?" His voice was loud, a little annoyed. He knew he shouldn't be. But still. Who would be dumb enough to trust gangsters?

"- I had no choice! She's going to die! I have to at least make her last few years comfortable!" Meyer winced. The kid's knuckles were clenched and beat red. He was shaking. " – Mom works. Dad works. I don't have a job cause I'm trans and everyone can see it. I can't get a job in this city cause fuck – so I went to them."

Meyer was then instantly reminded of his own son, how he'd do anything for Bonnie after his wife died. Sympathy filled his heart and he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, even though he struggled, the vigilante still offered a reassuring smile. "You're a good brother."

The boy blinked. "You… Think so?"

Meyer nodded. "It was a dangerous decision, don't do it again. But – you're a good brother. Going to the ends of the world to make your sister happy. If that's not a good brother I don't know what is." He let his hand slip from the boy's shoulder, the kid's gaze meeting him now.

"Got a name, kid?"

….. "Lewis. Lewis Anderson." Probably not his birth name, probably Lisa or Lily. But it was worth a mention it was what he was comfortable with and that mattered. Meyer nodded, a gleam in his eyes.

"Alright, Mr. Anderson. I'll make sure to get this cleared up. You go get yourself patched up," He turned – a voice calling for him.

"How will you fix it?"

Meyer didn't even turn around, he just laughed. The moonlight added for dramatic effect, Blaziken lighting up his way… "I'm a hero kid, these kinds of things always get fixed when I'm around."

Believe in your hero's, kid. Because if you don't have at least one, the world around you will begin to fall.

But then he wondered about Augustine. Who was his hero? Was it Blaziken Mask? Was it the day he swooped him off his feet, jumping from rooftop to rooftop under the moonlight that was just like tonight's – or was it Meyer? Or had it been Lysander? Or both? He didn't know, but it was tiring to figure out.

Tomorrow. He told himself. Not Blaziken Mask, but Meyer. He would make sure to visit Augustine personally. No phone calls, no dodging. He needed to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
This is a prequel to Unrequited, takes place about a year or so before Lysandre's death and has Steven/Alain and lots of Lysandre/Syacmore (Perfectworldshipping) rated K+ for material, a little darker than the others though, if i do say so myself

++

Alain was coming home for the first time in months. He had been studying in Southern Kalos for a while now and phone Augustine about all the progress he made on his Pokedex Entries as well as a few Megas he'd found. Lysander was coming over as well, talking about business deals and such that he was planning to make overseas, and the whole while he was preparing lunch whit his youngest two, Dexio and Sina.

"Father, food's almost ready," Sina came out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand, she smiled as she saw her father sleep with the newspaper over his stomach, snoring softly. A light giggle escaped her lips. "Dex, look."

"What is it sister?" He peered around the corner and laughed. "He hasn't even done anything yet." Sticking out his tongue to lick the spoon that was full of cake batter, Sina pushed him. "Hey! No fair."

"You'll spoil your appetite." Dexio grunted and returned to the sink, where he washed the contents of the cake-batter spoon and bowl. He supposed he'll just wait till the cake was done to get his sweets then… If Sina didn't eat them all. "Lysander's here!" Sina chirped as she tore off her apron and rushed to the door.

Augustine snorted as he woke up. He then threw the newspaper somewhere and wiped the drool off his chin. Great. He needed a shave, he should've shaved yesterday. Lysander liked his Professors clean and shaven. "Well, good to see you home," Augustine's voice traveled to the hallway as he chuckled.

"Need help with those?" His voice now in an almost catcall, Lysander rolled his eyes. The Professor wrapped his arms around the taller man's waist and nuzzled up against his chin.

"You didn't shave." A snort. Lysander grinned anyway and kissed him. "You forgot, didn't you?" Augustine hummed as the redhead nipped at his earlobe. "We'll do this later, right now I'm starving."

"Hmm… Alright. We'll keep it G-Rated." Another kiss on the cheek, and Lysander moved his bags to the side. "When do you suppose Alain will get here?"

"About less than twenty minutes, he called me before I got here, which was five minutes ago." The two lead their way into the living room of the Professor's apartment. It was a one-bedroom apartment, Dexio and Sina stayed in the lab. He really needed to buy another place where they all could stay, but he didn't have the money.

When he adopted Alain several years ago, the kid was about to set out on his journey so he didn't think about going out and buying a new apartment with more rooms. But when Dexio and Sina came along, two ten year olds who wished to prove their worth regardless of having no parents, it ached his heart. So he made up extra rooms in the lab and sometimes pulled all-nighters there.

His staff members were wonderful and oh-so lovely. They definitely needed raises. But he didn't have money right now. Why must everything cost so much? But his goals, eventually were to get a bigger apartment where he could share it with everyone, and possibly a guest room when Alain comes to visit.

Lysander's words of when they first met echoed in his mind. 'Only in a perfect world, Augustine. Only in a perfect world.' His stomach then clenched, like almost he was about to vomit. His biological clock was ticking again, making him remember it was that time of the month. He had run out of Birth Control and forgot to pick up more. Just like how he had forgotten to shave.

As a wave of nausea came over him, Augustine clamped his abdomen and groaned. "Feeling alright?" Lysander supported his lover's back, hand rushing down to his lower-spine. A flush appeared on Augustine due to the heat radiating off his body. "Do you need pain medication, love?"

Augustine nodded with a groan, and covered his mouth, rushing to the bathroom. "Oh dear." Lysander sighed. He hoped that the sudden turns of events wouldn't make today's lunch bad for them. He wanted Augustine to be happy. He knew the Professor worked hard, and had heard from the children he had been pulling all-nighters.

He especially didn't like how the man had been forgetting his Birth Control, making his menstrual cycles happen more often. Whenever they did strike, they usually were heavy and painful. They soaked his clothes with blood and it was embarrassing for Augustine's manhood. Not that he could blame the Professor. He was simply trying to be whom he wanted, just living in the wrong body.

God, he loved that man.

"Is father alright?" Dexio wasn't oblivious to his father's problems happening once a month. They were well-educated by the assistants in the lab after they learnt their father was trans. It would soon be happening to Sina, after all.

"Yes," Lysander sighed. "He's in the restroom."

Sina giggled. "It's that time of the month, brother." Meaning no harm of it, she knew she'd be spending a lot of time complaining of her own problems with Augustine when she gets her periods as well.

Girl or not, her father still shared many womanly tendencies. He was sensitive and kind, he preferred the Roses that Lysander always presented to him on his birthday and Valentine's Day. He enjoyed art Museums and Operas over Rock and Roll concerts like Dexio and Alain did. The children weren't a hundred percent aware of his childhood, but they knew his preferences.

He was a unique creature, but they loved him regardless. "Father, are you alright? Would you care for a glass of water?" Silliness aside, Sina let the water run, knowing that it was soothing for the women assistants who had the same problems. Sometimes they would get their cycles at the same time, both father and the workers at the labs, so they could mourn together.

"Ah, yes, I would. Thank you Sina you're so wonderful." He smiled, Dexio mumbled 'suck up'. Lysander rolled his eyes, nudging the blonde. "I hope this doesn't continue when Alain gets here…" Augustine sighed, feeling a strong hand grip his shoulder. He smiled after taking a sip of bubbling water.

"Hey! We're here!"

We're? We? Us? Two?

"Alain!" Dexio jumped out of his seat and rushed to the door. He hugged his brother and smiled wickedly at the man that was standing next to the teen. Light blue hair and blue eyes. He was quite the looker. "You really picked a good one." Alain groaned, the man next to him laughed.

"What's going on…?" Augustine came around the corner, and let out a gasp. "Steven? Steven Stone?!" He let out a near-squeal of excitement, then rushed up to the boy and gave him a firm hug. Alain was confused. How did they know each other. "I haven't seen you in years – since you became champion! How have you been?"

Steven laughed and let go of his father's friend, not even realizing the looks he was getting from Dexio and Alain. "Good, good. I've been traveling in the Kalos Region and I'm set to head back to Hoenn with Lysander." He raised a brow, noticing that was when – "When you speak of the devil," He shakes his head, the tall man dressed in a tan dress-shirt and black pants ducked underneath the archway that lead into the hall everyone was gathered in. "Do you get any taller old man?"

Lysander laughed. "Every year, squirt."

Alain gaped, then began stuttering. "H-How do you know them? My dad! Lysander! How? Why didn't you tell me?!" Alain was flushing beat red, just like Augustine did whenever he was embarrassed. That was a trait they shared comically. Steven laughed. Alain puffed up his cheeks.

"Sorry, I guess I missed a few important details." The blue-haired champion was rubbing the back of his neck, humbly muttering apologies, both Augustine and Lysander looked at each other, curious. "Um… we should tell them, though. Right?"

Tell them what?

"Oh – right. Uh. Dad. Lysander. Oh! Sina! Get your butt in here!" Alain barked, Sina groaned, throwing a few utensils down, some of them winced at the noise. Others merely chuckled. "Sina's awesome, you're gonna love her."

"What's going on you two?" Augustine looked heartbroken as if he was just about to lose his baby boy to some stranger, but that wasn't the case, it really wasn't. He knew Steven, he's worked with his father for years. He knows Steven. He trusts him.

When Sina got in the hallway, hands on her hips, huffing up her cheeks like the child she was, Alain laughed, then moved his hand down towards Steven's. "I, uh, guys…" He looked away for a second… "We're dating."

…. Sina clapped, giggling, cheering now. Alain groaned – "Sina – oof!" The Mega Trainer was tackled into a hug. "Hey! Off! Owe!" His little sister wasted no time at all rambling on and on about how cute they were together, how long it had taken for Alain to get a boyfriend or girlfriend, and how happy she was.

Dexio groaned, pinching his nose. He just didn't want them to be mushy like dad or Lysander. Which, lead to their other problem. The two adults still standing with their mouths hung open, Lysander though with his arms crossed and eyes still wide. He didn't know what to think.

"We had a long discussion about it." Sina was in the kitchen now, getting everything ready for lunch. "And well, after I mentioned I was going to Hoenn with you, Lysander…" Steven sighed, earning a nudge from Alain to continue. "He insisted that he come with us."

The two said in unison "What?"

"Please? Dad, Lysander! I want to! Really! I wanna learn about Megas in Hoenn! I've become stronger with Charizard, and I think I really understand what I'm doing. And I've been travelling with Steven for a couple of months too…" His words quieted at the last second, hiding back in his shell. Steven clasped his hand, clearing his throat and continued.

"What he means is, we know each other. We trust each other. And more importantly, we work well together. There's no one I trust more than Alain with something like this, Lysander." His smile was wide and genuine, sky blue eyes lit up like diamonds as they then glanced over to a worried Alain that his father might not let him go. "But I still ask for your permission, as you're his guardian, Professor."

…. Augustine sighed. "Fine…" Then smiled, he clapped Lysander's back, who jumped a little. "Just make sure he doesn't do anything too dangerous." The redhead coughed, nodding and mumbled 'of course'. Augustine laughed and leaned forward to hug Alain. "Who could say no to you anyway?"

"You spoil your children too much, Augustine." After he released the hug from Alain, Sina and Dexio announced that the food was ready. They all gathered in the the dining room which wasn't very large, considering the size of the apartment and what it was mainly used for, but they made accommodations for this occasion.

During the meal Augustine felt ill again, so he had to go to the bathroom. Now the room filled with a slight awkwardness looming over them, Lysander though managed to snap them out of it before Augustine managed to get back.

"I actually wanted to ask you all something today." Their heads came up from their plates, curious. "I need your blessings."

They gasped, excited, curios, fearful and especially Sina who was on the verge of jumping for joy. "I… I wish to propose to Augustine. After I return from Hoenn." Their smiles were pretty much all the answers he needed, but just to be sure…

"Of course you can, Lysander." Alain smiled, almost on the verge of laughing. "You're like a second dad to us anyway. It'll be awesome having you around more, we don't mind. Right guys?"

Sina squealed, clasping her fists to her chest, eyes shining. "Oh my gosh! A wedding." They all laughed, Dexio sighed, then smiled at the enthusiasm regardless.

"Of course you have my blessings. You're already apart of the family." The blonde nodded though "But weddings are a pain, and they're expensive –"

"And beautiful, and fun, and there's dancing, and food. So much food." They all laughed.

"All you ever think about is food! Even while we're eating!" Dexio barked, Steven let out a chuckle, Lysander's gaze went over to him, who then met eyes with. "Uh, something wrong?" Dexio sipped on his glass of ice water, trying to fend off the awkwardness.

"I'd like to ask your blessings as well… Considering…"

Their mouths are hung open. Alain's as well. Steven smiled, wiping his lips of residue. "That's most honorable, Lysander. But I just got here," He felt Alain's hand on his arm, he felt Alain's smile radiant towards him.

"I still would like it. Your family now." The man was firm but not angry. He still was eager for a response. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a signature pose of his. That meant he means business. He didn't like fooling around.

He loved Augustine. So, so very much. He'd do anything for him.

"Of course you have my blessings, Lysander." The others cheered, Alain then shushed them as he heard the bathroom door open, Augustine's voice trailing from the hallway as he entered the dining room.

"What's all the noise for?" He chuckled, sitting next to his lover, he got a kiss on the cheek. "Guys? Why are you looking at me like that?

Nothing but smiles were aimed towards the happy couple for the rest of the day. It was hard keeping things a secret, but Lysander promised that he would buy an engagement ring in Hoenn and surprise Augustine with it when he returned home.

Only in a perfect world.

When Alain, Steven and Lysander summoned Mega Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon, Alain's Charizard was almost caught in the crossfire. It took a bad beating from the legendries. Thrown onto the icy battlefield, Alain went down to go save his partner, and was almost hit by one of the legendries attacks. Lysander sent out his Pyroar to save him, but that wasn't even enough.

When Mega Rayquaza tried to swoop in one more attack at the last second at Alain and his Charizard, Lysander took the hit and died. His body still intact, they returned to Kalos and gave him a proper funeral. The only Pokémon he had with him was Pyroar and that was left to Augustine, but he could bear to look in the eyes of the Pokémon that was once his lover's, so Alain took care of the feline when he was on his journey.

The worst of all, the most painful thing… He did manage to buy a ring.

"You idiot," Augustine sobbed, looking down at his gravestone, holding the box in his hand and examining the jewels. It wasn't just an ordinary diamond ring, in it there was one Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It was white gold, and it was gorgeous. "You told me you'd come back."

Augustine gripped the little jewelry box in his hands, and held it close. He hugged it. As he bent down and laid a bouquet of roses, tears fell, it was winter time, and this was going to be his first Christmas where he truly felt alone.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Lubricantshipping again, rated K+ for language and material. Sequel to Unrequited.

++

Meyer was stumped. Calling didn't help. Avoiding the problem certainly didn't work either. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to come to terms with this… This thing. This – situation. Fuck. Whatever this thing was, he didn't like it. He knew Sycamore was probably having a rough time, and he was worried. But he was a man, he was straight. He had been married.

He only wondered if his wife was laughing at him right now, wherever she was. As the vigilante had made a lot of dumb choices after her death, and before – like that large TV that broke two days after they purchased it – and it was right after she found out she was pregnant with Clemont, too. That's when he found out his renown talent for fixing things.

Or that one time he was hit on by a couple of gay drunk teenagers. Oops. That, or they could've just been drunk. But they really sounded gay at the time – and it really made him uncomfortable. And all the while, Blaziken was flashing weird looks, like 'why do you humans have these strange feels I'll never understand'.

He never understands half of his emotions either… Fingers moving towards Blaziken's Pokeball which was secure on his belt, he sighed. He wondered when he'll ever tell Bonnie or Clemont about Blaziken or Blaziken Mask. They never knew about the bird, only Ampharos. They didn't know he was a vigilante. They didn't know his affairs with the night, or rescuing people. He just didn't want them to get involved.

Blaziken was his first Pokémon, actually. It was from his brother who was visiting Hoenn, originally they were born in Johto, and he met his wife in Olivine City, but that night when they were having a nice romantic dinner – his brother surprised him over the phone with a Torchic. He had no idea what he was going to do with the little chicken, but he assumed he'd train it, give it a good life full of battles and action, like a Pokémon should.

When his wife and him when on a journey through Kalos, they figured out that his Blaziken had developed a new ablitiy called Mega Evolution, and it only lasted a short while. Meyer trained in this new form with Blaziken longer so it's power would last a bit more, and they could hang onto it so Blaziken wouldn't transform back right away. Their bonds were impeccable.

Before they got married, Meyer got a Mareep from the Lumoise City Gym Leader. That Mareep soon evolved after he had spent some time training with it, and now it was an Ampharos. His Amphy was his trusted companion – Amphy – nicknamed by Bonnie sometimes. He trusted the electric type with Clemont when he was a baby, as when Clemont was a newborn he was frail and a little feeble. He had to be monitored as he had weak lungs. When Clemont was born, they had to make sure he had to take an inhaler even as a child, and at a year old he got glasses.

But it was worth it, Ampharos helped a lot. Eventually he let Blaziken warm him up whenever he slept with him as he rocked Clemont to sleep, and when Bonnie came along, it was just him and Ampharos. Blaziken went to Olivine to train with his brother. He didn't want his long-time friend to be cooped up with two kids where he'd be hung on and prodded at all the time. Bonnie was a baby, though she loved Pokémon.

When his wife died and Bonnie was two, everything seemed to fade away. He stopped doing the things he loved the most, patrolling, training, building things – even interacting with the kids. He started drinking more. Clemont built a robot named Clembot to help with the Lumoise Gym Leader as he had grown older. The old man had come over more often to help with the kids, and appreciated Clembot for taking over for his time in absence.

But when his brother came to give him a pep talk, and a punch to the face- that's when he realized he needed to get his shit together. He needed to be there for his kids. Bonnie and Clemont needed him. They had their hero, and that was their father. Not Blaziken Mask – but – Meyer. His heart sank as Bonnie hugged him that day he finally stopped drinking. He only drank with his brother on celebrations when he came to Kalos. It was odd, feeling alcohol on his lounge again. He was afraid he'd slip back into the sadness that consumed him for months, but his brother was there, and even when he wasn't, he was still there.

And now, Augustine was going through the same thing. Meyer sighed. Fuck. He really didn't want to do this… But he knew he had to. He was partially to blame. And not in the narcissistic 'my dashing good looks are just too hard to beat' way. No. This was no joke. He had to go up there – march up to the lab – burst through the door and – "Ah, Meyer, good to see you!" A child. Sina, was it? Giving a fake smile no doubt.

"Father's in need to discuss things with you." It was now a death glare. Oh Arceus help him. The child, only measuring to his stomach grabbed his arm and dragged him to the other side of the room where Augustine's desk was. Meyer just let her do what she wanted. There was a boy with blonde hair glaring at him.

"I come in peace," He said meekly. He knew what he was there for, he didn't want the kids to rip him apart… The boy turned his head, obviously pissed off and not giving a damn. Meyer laughed as Sina gripped his arm tighter, dragging him to the back. "Whoa –"

There he met with Augustine who looked up at a very uncomfortable Meyer. (Dammit, stop making it awkward!) Meyer was trembling, Augustine sighed and shook his head, glancing over at the child who seemed rather proud of herself. "Sina, let him go. He's friendly."

Meyer let out a chuckle as she let go of his arm, he winced and began rubbing it. The girl flicked her nose in the air and stomped off. She would get along with Bonnie – Meyer thought. Then, silence fell. Awkward silence. And the two men – two boys – met. "I'm sorry." He said first, what else was there to say? He had to say it eventually, why not now?

Augustine looked up, his lips parted a little. Not really smile, not really a frown. But when he looked down at his desk, his chin rested on his hands folded slightly…

"I'm – I'm sorry too." Meyer frowned at this. What did he have to be sorry for? "It was a mistake – my outburst. I shouldn't have…" The Professor ruffled his curly hair. Fair complexion and pink lips came to a frown, he seemed nervous too. Which was good, they understood each other… Or did they? "I – I drank too much. It was stupid."

He sighed. Meyer relaxed a little. He could be a jerk and just leave now, without any sort of resolution. But, that would be wrong. He didn't swing that way. He wasn't gay, but the way he worked was – he knew he had to resolve it. He wasn't a coward. He was freaking Blaziken Mask, hero of the night. He had to fix this.

"Don't say that," Meyer sighed, looking directly at Augustine, eyes unmoving. "We both made a mistake." But what mistake did Meyer make – was it that he let the Professor kiss him? Or was he let him run away? Make up your mind. His vigilante brother barked, Meyer cursed mentally and eventually sighed, feeling his shoulders go slack. "I – I – have felt the same way for a long time."

Okay, maybe not the best way to word it, when Augustine looked up, rather confused, his eyes shining like stars… It was like a Lilpup all cheerful, and fuck. Why was he so happy to see him like that? "I've lost someone dear to me – so I know how you feel." Loss, desperation, love and that clinging feeling like you'll never come back from a never-ending void.

And then when you find someone finally and they don't love you back.

Fuck. Here he was again, mourning to himself about the love he had lost… What would she think? Who cares? She's not here right now. And, besides you deserve to be happy.

You can't help who you fall in love with. It's merely human instincts.

Meyer felt his hands fall to his sides, he'd been clutching them into fists this entire time and damn, they were accumulating sweat right now and making this whole thing uncomfortable. When the Pokémon researcher laughed, Meyer's heart fluttered. His face melted like he had just heard a song from the past that was like a distant memory now – like something so nostalgic.

He was in love.

"We're so messed up, aren't we?"

Yeah. Meyer smiled. Yeah, we are.

Augustine sighed, getting up, his hands on his desk, looking down at whatever papers he'd been writing… But he wasn't paying attention to that, he was probably gazing into some unknown void – like falling. And right now, he was terrified. "My feelings, like I had said – are complicated and I –"

"Augustine," Meyer's breath hitched, he placed his hands on the edge of the desk, trembling a bit. Their eyes met, slowly did the Professor raise his gaze to the man he was so deeply in love with. "I think I'm in love with you." And it's okay. Because, even though he wasn't exactly sure why – he'd figure it out. Because it's okay, and he knows he has to move on. And fuck, Augustine is crying now. They're both shaking, and laughing, and – "I really mean it."

From across the table Augustine pulled Meyer in for a tight squeeze. They were laughing. God, it was so messed up. The kid was right, and yet here they were, laughing their asses off about it. His wife always loved to hear him laugh – and Augustine said he loved his laugh. "I adore you, Meyer."

They released, and they the gazed at each other some more. Like stupid teenagers falling in love for the first time, Meyer couldn't help but be captivated by this man… He rubbed his thumb over Sycamore's cheek, the man smiled for what was probably the first time in a long time. "I do to." He then proceeded to cup his face, and pull him in for a kiss.

And that's okay. We'll be okay, for whatever the reason – we'll cherish this love we have.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
A new ship I had made up for pure heck of it since watching the Mega Evolution Specials, this one's rated T for mentions of sex and language. (I blame Alain's mouth)

++

Steven was watching his boyfriend battle against a kid with a Mega Blastoise. He was strong, but he knew Alain was stronger. When they actually declared themselves as 'boyfriends' was debatable. They always really liked each other. But when they found out their… Special preferences, that moment was definitely awkward.

Though Alain was a few years younger than him, sixteen and full of energy, ready to take on the world with Charizard and newly-obtained Pyorar, he confined his emotions most of the time when he wasn't with Steven.

"Dude, why do you have two fire types?" The kid asked, smirking as his Blastoise did a pose. "You won't win against us!"

"None of your business," Alain sneered, Steven shivered. The once happy teen he met three years ago was gone. Ever since Lysander's death and well, hadn't really come to terms with it – he had been blaming himself for the whole ordeal. The kid even stepped back a little. "Typing doesn't matter, Charizard has been through a lot, and we can win, I believe in him."

Though him and Charizard's bonds weren't thinning, Alain's aura was becoming colder. He became increasingly worried as the months progressed since they last saw Augustine's condition when they all had met up. Though Augustine said he was fine, he certainly didn't look it.

"Charizard – Thunder Punch!" A quick way to end it for most, though that wasn't Alain's style. He knew that he wasn't going to end this right away, he liked challenges.

He did know the type disadvantage that was at hand, he respected it, he really did. But he needed to gain an edge in case something happened. Charizard dove in as it's arm began to glow with electricity, it roared as it readied it's attack on Blastoise.

"Use Giga Impact!" The Blastoise began to glow as it charged up a Giga Impact, it roared and collided with Charizard. They both knew they had suffered damage just then. But in the trainer's eyes, it was worth it. "Alright! Show 'em whose boss!"

Blastoise didn't even look phased. The paralysis didn't even take effect, and it merely shook it off. Ouch. Alain grit his teeth, weighing out his options, he could get Charizard up in the air and do some aerial maneuvers to dodge attacks, but that would tire him out, especially if he got hit by a water-based attack.

He decided to go for it, it was all he had.

"Charizard, up in the air! Let's go!" Charizard grunted as he jumped up and flapped his wings, up in the air it went the kid's eyes widened at the sight. Whenever Pokémon like this took sight it was something to behold, really. "Use Flamethrower!"

Charizard used flamethrower, rough move, and the kid bounced right back. "Use Hydro Pump!"

They collided and Charizard was hit. As it fell down, hitting the ground with a loud crash, the Earth around them shook. The kid laughed, what a twerp. "Alright! Told you we'd win!"

Alain grit his teeth, slightly shaking. Steven shook his head. His temper had gotten of his choices in battle. It had been happening a lot lately, even when Steven saw Alain meditate, still that had only been lasting a few seconds at best. Not to mention the nightmares that woke them up at night, screaming was not a good ways to get sleep.

Steven would have to set up a tent for himself as much as he wanted to help his boyfriend, he couldn't. Alain was stubborn and refused to open up his heart to anyone – sometimes Steven himself. So, what could he do? Steven looked over at Pyroar who nodded her head, then walked towards Steven who was hidden amongst some tree brush.

He made it clear he wouldn't made a scene when the Mega Trainer would get bombarded by other trainers asking for the Champion's Autographs, not that Steven minded, but it got a little excessive after a while. Besides, he didn't really mind this arrangement. It was quiet, and he could still support him even on the sidelines.

He felt a fuzzy head brush under his hand accompanied by a loud purr. "I know girl, you're worried for him." He bent down, looking at what was going to happen next. Alain usually didn't get into fights with kids, but… He watched closely just to make sure.

Alain felt like shit. He lost again. This brat wouldn't stop rambling on about how great he was. But, he knew Steven was watching. He couldn't just blow up and throw his fists at the twerp. He needed to play it cool. "Charizard , return." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away, sighing, he knew that Lysander would be proud of him for ignoring the problem.

Lysander…

Alain glowered towards the ground, his feet trudging as he walked. He was trying to take an extra-long time to get back to Steven. Shit. He didn't want to talk about this now. Not ever. He knew it was just a phase he was going through, and that he'd get over it in a few more months.

"I'm proud of you, and Lysander would be too," When Alain did look up he saw his boyfriend. His beautiful, wonderful boyfriend standing next to Lysander's Pyroar (it's his. it'll never be Alain's). Pyroar purred and brushed past him, Alain faked a smile and pet her, he should spent more time with the feline, but he couldn't – it reminded him of what he had lost. Of his own fucking problems. "Alain?"

Alain sighed at his name. "I'm fine." He mumbled, trying to move past Steven, but a hand grasped his shoulder, he didn't look at him. He didn't want to. "Steven," A groan, he could feel Steven rolling his eyes. Really. He was not in the mood.

"Alain, we need to talk about… This."

"This?"

"This thing."

Alain snorted. "This thing." Very specific. But alright. "Okay. Where do you want to talk about 'this thing'?" Steven snarled. Alain didn't even flinch, he just gazed over to the trees with lifelessness.

"Here. Right now. I'm worried for you. You're not happy anymore. Your… Acting darker than usual. I think the Pokémon can sense it too, and I'm afraid if it continues, it'll start affecting your bonds with them and the Mega Ring."

Alain rolled his eyes. "Wouldn't that be a disaster." Pyroar growled. Steven's eyes widen, his heart heavy. This wasn't Alain. No. The happy child he met all those years ago destined to study Mega Evolution and become the strongest – wasn't there anymore.

"Alain," Steven stepped in front of the teen, holding him by the shoulders gingerly, carefully he gazed into his eyes. Though Steven towered over Alain he still was able to find comfort in the boy even when he was stressed. Now it was time to return the favor. "Please, this isn't you. Please talk to me." He wasn't shaking, his eyes tender and soft. His face always so warm and loving.

Alain's gazed lowered. God, he loved this man. "What's there to talk about?" He barked, Steven flinched. "I killed Lysander. If it wasn't for my stupid dream to get stronger, me wanting to go to Hoenn and agreeing to summon The Legends, none of it would have happened. Charizard would have never gotten hit, and Lysander would have never died." He snarled, looking like a mixture of sad and angry and god, please help me at the same time.

Steven hugged him, though the boy did struggled, he still hugged him. "Alain, we would've summoned The Legends regardless if you were there or not. It was dangerous and that's why we didn't want you to come." Steven sighed. "None of this is your fault. You're not the only one feeling guilty." He eyed Pyroar who barked, looking rather frustrated at Alain's confession.

Alain shoved Steven away, eyes burning with tears. "Then what?! Tell me who's been feeling just as bad as I am! I'd love to hear it!"

The feline couldn't take it, and charged up a Flamethrower right in their direction. "Whoa!" Alain blinked, staring at the fire-type for a moment as it charged towards him. She managed to get on top of him, nearly slashing him with her claws, roaring while she did such. Steven screamed to get Pyroar off of Alain, but he yelled saying he deserved this.

As Alain tackled Pyroar to the ground, shoving the beast off of him, he sat up, jacket cut and blood staining on it slightly. Pyroar's eyes widen, she didn't mean to hurt the human that bad. Alain hissed, then smiled. "It's okay girl, you needed to whack me around, I've been a dick,"

"Digus" Steven coughed, Alain hissed, grabbing his shoulder. "You alright?"

"I'm fine. Just mauled by a Pyorar is all. Hey, don't give me that look," Alain smiled, reaching out for the feline "Come 'ere'" Opening his arms the feline came up to Alain and started licking the cuts that were on his cheeks. "I know your sorry. I know you feel guilty. I feel guilty. Hell, I get nightmares at night," He rubbed a hand nervously through his hand, then laughed. "Do you get nightmares?"

Steven's face melted at the sight as Pyroar noded. He had no idea both Alain and Pyroar had been going through so much. "I think someone else needs to be here," Alain called out Charizard. "Come on, buddy, group hug." Charizard didn't know what was going on, but he obeyed. "I'm sorry I've been a jerk lately, but I promise I'm better now –"

Steven sighed, straddling over to the scene, he bent down and placed a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Going to be. No one gets better over-night and that's okay. We're all here for you, Alain." Charizard roared in agreement and gave his trainer a thumbs up. "… Does this mean we'll get to share a tent with each other tonight?"

Alain blinked, then looked down with Pyorar. "Can she come too?" Pyroar barked, putting her paws up against the Mega Trainer again, she licked his face. Steven nodded and laughed.

They were going to be just fine.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
This takes place before Light Up The Night, and it's a sequel to Happy Family, and can be read as a tie-in with Unrequited. Rated T for mentions of depression, and implications/attempts of suicide.

++

Diantha scanned the apartment, she didn't know what to expect upon receiving the call about her cousin Lysander's death. When she first heard about it she was almost about to record for a movie, but she cancelled due to a family emergency. Her producers were upset with her, but fuck them. She knew there was one person who needed her more right now just as she needed him.

Augustine. She sighed as she took a few steps further into the apartment, then hearing a crunch as her shoes stepped on broken glass. She gasped, covering a hand to her mouth. "Augustine?!" She cried, sobbing could be heard from the deeper parts of the apartment, she cringed and a pit formed in her stomach.

The actress took a deep breath and turned on the lights, hearing a groan, who knows how long Augustine went without contacting anyone? When she had gotten the call from his assailants, Dexio and Sina they said he was depressed. He blamed himself for Lysander's death and worst of all – Lysander was going to propose.

Her stomach lurched at the idea of them wedding, but now not being able to. She was going to be related to Augustine. They would've been family – not that she didn't consider him already. But now, all those ties would be broken. She sighed again and stepped forward, the sobbing had quieted a little.

Footsteps came forward and a light chuff made her notice that she and Augustine weren't the only ones in the room. "Pyroar," She bent down and hugged her cousin's former companion. "You're sad too, aren't you?" Pyroar licked Diantha's face and she smiled solemnly. "Show me where Augustine is?" She had an idea, but the lion Pokemon still nodded and lead her to the living room which was darkened, not a single light came through. The blinds were closed and she could barely see The Professor curled up, hugging himself.

"Oh, Augustine." She heard him moan in pain, he probably had missed out on his Birth Control. Whenever she felt depressed it was hard to stay on schedule. But regardless the Mega Trainer flicked on a lamp that had a shade on it, to give low light – not too much to shock him. She placed a hand over his shoulder and rubbed his back. "Augustine, it's me, Diantha."

Her heart melted as he sobbed, there was cans of beer and glass bottles shattered. Blood prints left by Pyroar, neglected to treat the Pokemon's feet had been seen, how long this had been going on she'd been unsure. But she just hoped the Pokemon didn't have an infection. "Augustine, Pyroar's hurt."

Augustine's eyes snapped open – his mouth a gape. Pyroar next to her, looking sad, then bent down and licked him. Pyroar didn't seem hurt. But when he sat up and Diantha showed him the bloody paw prints on the floor – his eyes widen. "Pyroar, I'm – I'm so sorry." He sobbed, rubbing his face into the lion's mane. She purred and licked his face, forgiving as she knew it wasn't his fault.

They were both sad over the one they'd love's death. Alain would be arriving soon, and Augustine had planned to give Pyroar to him, not just because of the fact he couldn't look into Pyroar's eyes and think only of Lysander – but – Pyroar didn't deserve to be cooped up in an apartment for the rest of her life. She deserved to battle and travel, which is what Alain was doing.

She enjoyed the thrill of life, and deserved the absolute best, like what Lysander did. Are you happy now, have you found your perfect world? The Professor shook his head. But just then, his eyes gazed up at Diantha who smiled lovingly and held a hand over his.

"I miss him too," Fuck. His eyes were watering again, his breathing was becoming uneven. When would this end? It was probably the hormones, and the alcohol. "Please, Augustine. Don't do this to yourself, don't destroy yourself – I love you and I know how much you loved him," She moved her hand to his shoulder, feeling him shake. "I'm always here for you if you need me."

Everyone's here for you – Pyroar had her chin in Augustine's lap – now quit whining and move on. Augustine sighed. He pulled Diantha in for a hug, and with one last heave he let out a choked sob. "Thank you." She shushed him and rubbed his back. "I loved him so much."

His voice shaking, he then reached into his pocket, pulling away from the actress. Her eyes didn't deceive her – what came out next was a small jewelry box with Augustine's name on it. "Fuck – Diantha - he was going to propose."

They were going to get married.

"I can't keep this ring."

Diantha blinked. "Why?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper, Augustine looked away from the box and then back to Pyroar, he shrugged as he began to pet her again.

"I can barely look at Pyroar in the morning, Dee. I've already made plans to give her to Alain." Pyroar barked and moved around, Augustine shushed her and scratched the cat behind her ears. "Shh, I know what I'm doing. Alain is hurting, I know. But he trains, and travels. You'll do much better out there than stuck in here with me all the time."

Diantha frowned, wondering if she should say something, but when Augustine didn't even dare open the box, he just shoved it towards her – he closed his eyes as if it was the last time he'd ever get a chance to look at it again… "I want you to keep it."

"W-Why?" She was so confused. She knew he was hurting, but shouldn't he keep it as a reminder of their love?

"I can't keep this, and one day, when you get married, use it. Or not. Just make sure it's safe. I can't keep it. Dee, it ruins me knowing it have it. I love him, I do. But I need to move on." He sighs, opening his eyes, smiling at her now, a bit better than before. "I have to move on, though I know I'll always love him… I can't keep acting like this forever."

So please, he begged silently as Diantha took the box, opening it her eyes widened. "It's beautiful." Augustine nodded. "Andy always had class, didn't he?" She remember how on her birthday, she'd be surprised with a bouquet of roses and carnations. Carnations, because it was her mother's favorite and she kept that tradition after she died.

Andy said to her when she's married she'll have a bouquet of both, and they'd walk down the aisle together since her father wasn't there either, he died when she was born. Diantha wiped a tear – closing the box. Thinking of how that was from so long ago, but meant so much then. It was like a fairytale when she was young, and whether or not she'll ever get married…

"I want you to come with me to someplace special," Augustine's voice was low, somewhat hurt. But his eyes still met hers. "We should go fix Pyroar up first, " He petted the Pokémon and she licked his hand. Augustine laughed for the first time in three days.

They walked together up the hill that lead to that special place. Hand in hand, as the wind and cherry blossom petals blew past them, there laid a gravestone that wasn't covered in moss or any sort of grime. It was perfect, as it had just been place there a few weeks ago.

REST IN PEACE, LYSANDER.
MAY YOU FIND YOUR PERFECT WORLD IN THE VAST UNKNOWN.
YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL WILL GUIDE YOU SOMEDAY, SOMEHOW.

"Poetic," Diantha smiled as she gripped Augustine's hand tighter. Her family, her cousin especially always did have a thing for poetry.

Augustine snorted. "You think so?" He held out a bouquet of roses, one that was like the kind he'd get on his birthday. They were red, the petals were velvety to the touch. They were elegant, just like him. "Carnations?" He asked, looking down at the arrangement of flowers that lay in the woman's fine hands.

"My mother's favorite. Andy said that he'd get me a bouquet of both Carnations and Roses for my wedding," She sniffed, laying them down and wondering if the man was up there – somewhere – listening. "He said he'd walk down the aisle with me," She sighed, removing her sunglasses, Pyroar rubbed underneath her hand, remembering the day fondly. "He wasn't just a cousin to me, he was my best friend."

Aside from her Gardevoir, they were close. Lysander was like a big brother, the one she never had. When her mother died, they lived together and played together. They relied on each other. But once philanthropist got control over his company, he didn't seem the same anymore. When he fell in love with Augustine though… "He really loved you."

She wiped her eyes, a little dusty due to the wind. Augustine still managed a smile as he bent down to lay his bouquet down. "I know." And I loved him too. Thought The Professor. His heart ached. It had been for weeks. But… It was time to take that extra step, and move forward.

Still, regardless of how Augustine felt, and how he knew he had to move forward, not a single day passed did a Augustine leave Lysander's grave empty. He always visited and placed a bouquet of roses, originally when he first started visiting the first week since he passed… But now it was both carnations and roses, due to what Diantha had told him.

He wondered if the shopkeeper at the flower shops thought he was still dating someone, but he just smiled and nodded at their cute banters. When they teased him about how they asked 'is it for a girl'? He said 'maybe'. He didn't dwell into his personal life with strangers that much. Well, not much anymore.

It wasn't until one day in the rain, he decided to place his usual gift to his past love and he spotted a familiar face. One that would sometimes come to the graveyard and come into the lab and repair his machines.

Meyer, also known as Clemont and Bonnie's father. Then, it hit him. Where was his wife?

His heart sank as he watched silently from the shadows – seeing Meyer depart from the graveyard. And just then, he couldn't help but notice it – but maybe… Did Meyer see him just then?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Serena/Ash, Onesided Ash/Miette (if you squint) one-sided Ash/Clemont takes place during the 12th episode of the XYZ Episode of the Anime.

++

"Clemont, you're doing fine." Serena lead Clemont around the dance floor. She let him relax, his shoulders loosening up and her smile increasing as the blonde lowered his hands towards her hips. "See?" Though she wanted Ash initially, this wasn't so bad.

And plus, he wasn't that great at dancing. But…

"Ouch! Ash!" Miette and Ash's heads bonked together. What seemed like it could almost be a kiss, Serena tensed up at the moment, but sighed as they parted. "You really are a bad dancer, aren't you?" Miette laughed, and so did Ash after muttering several humble apologies.

Clemont finally had his firm grip on Serena's waistline and he was more confident now. Eevee and Bunnelby were 'dancing' and having a good time, and as Clemont spun the Idol around, then caught her, she couldn't help but notice how much he really shone tonight. "Wow, you're really good at dancing, Clemont!" Serena had her hands on Clemont's hips, she swayed to the beat of the music. "Confident much?"

The Gym Leader flushed crimson scarlet, he began stuttering. Serena laughed. "Just joking. You're doing fine." They came closer together, then Serena pushed Clemont apart as the tempo grew faster. Their hands clasped together, and once again she felt like she was on air. "Thanks for this," She smiled. Now, she didn't feel so down.

"Ah – I – I had a few dance lessons when my mother was alive." He managed a smile, a flush appeared but not as bright. "She was ill, but she wanted to teach one of us. Bonnie was too young," He chewed on his lip, twirling Serena yet again, then pulling her in his eyes glistening through his glasses. Serena's mouth was parted with wonder as the technician recalled the tale. "But before she passed I managed to take a few lessons, and pass them on to Bonnie."

He was crying. Serena frowned. "Are you alright?" They paused for a moment, Clemont took off his glasses and wiped them with the cloth that was tucked in his shirt. He nodded. "I think it's really great you took that up just to teach Bonnie," Serena smiled, her hand gripping Clemont's arm as they walked over to the buffet table. She wasn't even thinking right now but she was leaning on him.

"You even captured Dedenne just for her, you're such a great brother to her."

Bonnie was over by Eevee and Bunnelby who had taken a break from dancing as well. She was feeding them Pokepuffs she had gotten from the buffet table. Not only that but she was excitedly chatting about the night's events to Dedenne and Squishy. If Bonnie and Clemont didn't have each other… No. They needed each other. It was a bond that just couldn't be broken.

"Thank you, Serena." Clemont was holding a plate of food, watching over the other dancers. He noticed how poorly Ash was dancing along with Miette. He and Serena laughed as the two nearly tripped over each other again, and how Miette's Slurpuff was tossing Pikachu around like a ragdoll, the poor thing. "Maybe I should offer Ash dance lessons."

Serena hummed, finishing her plate of food. "Maybe you should. Though I kind of expected this." She giggled, then as the free-for-all ended Ash and Miette made their ways over to the buffet table, tired and rubbing their necks from falling so much.

The night ended and everyone was amazed at Eevee's new evolution, Serena and Ash celebrated with a nice meal together outside the balcony of the Pokémon Center. Cooked especially by Clemont, Serena gazed into Ash's amber eyes as he went on and on about how well they did and how he's going to be even more awesome in his upcoming gym battle.

Then, her mind raced back to Clemont and how they danced that night. How humble and gentle he was with her when he twirled her around, how sad he was when he talked about his mother, and how honest he seemed when he thought he messed up or made her unhappy. Serena's gaze then moved down to her soup, suddenly not thinking about the battle or Ash talking anymore.

She realized… She might have a problem.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Accidental love here guys, still boy-boy so if your not comfortable with that don't read. Ash/Clemont. Rated K cause all they do is kiss, sequel to A Bit of A Problem.

++

"Ash you're doing fine." Clemont laughed. Ash looking down at his feet, one step. Two. "Just relax and steady yourself." The blonde ushered the raven into a steady, slow motion as they swayed to the beat of the music. The girls cheered them on, wishing them good luck.

"I'm not used to this," He mumbled. Clemont was a guy. Though Serena said how much of a great dancer he was at the party, and how much Ash sucked, and he needed lessons for the upcoming Master Class's Party. "And uh – "

"I'm a guy, I know." Clemont sighed, nodding his head. But that frown quickly turned into a smile, regardless. "We're friends, Ash. Serena just wants to become better at dancing…" He winked, then the time came when the music spend up and they would soon part from each other. Ash tripped though, and fell into Clemont.

The girls gasped, what happened next was totally unintentional, and a total accident. "Clemont – I –mmmph!" Their lips met, Ash's arms dangling around Clemont's waist lazily, and it was sort of a sloppy kiss too. His first kiss, and probably Clemont's as well.

With his best friend.

"Clemont – I – " Ash muttered, trying not to look over at Serena or Bonnie, trying to pay attention at the music that was still ongoing. He didn't even look at Clemont, he just looked down to the floor. "I'm so sorry." He was blushing, and now he was chewing his lip. And now – he was running.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
You guessed it, sequel to Unexpected. Ash and Clemont make up and go back to being bros.

++

"Clemont, I'm sorry." Were the first words that came from Ash as the two sat in the bedroom together, awkwardly side by side. No Pikachu, no Bunnelby. Just the two of them. "I didn't know-"

"Ash it's okay." Clemont pushed his glasses to his face, sighing. "It was an accident. Accidents happen." Still though, it was their first kiss. They shouldn't feel a little… Angry about this? Ash didn't understand why Clemont was so accepting of this. But, he was his best friend. One of, and he had to let it go.

The Pokémon Trainer sighed, eyes still gazing at the floor. "I – I – I really am a bad dancer, aren't I?"

Clemont laughed, clutching his stomach. Ash blushed. "Yeah, Ketchum. You are. Serena and I saw you dancing with Miette and we felt sorry for you two," Ash snorted. "My mother taught me how to dance."

Their eyes met, slightly sad, but slightly understanding. Ash was without a father, and Clemont was without a mother. Ash's father left to journey around the world and become a Pokémon Master, but he hasn't seen him since he was a baby. Clemont's mother died when he was young, so that emptiness of maternal compassion was still there.

"I don't have a dad, well I do. But I haven't seen him since I was a baby," Ash let out, stretching his arms. "I dunno if he's out there or not, but I'm going to become a better Pokémon Master than him." Aqua eyes gazed over to the trainer. Clemont remembered his promise to follow Ash just up until the league, and yet there was a panging feeling in his gut thinking how he wished he could still be there with him forever.

"Hey, wanna go grab some food? I'm starving!"

Clemont smiled and got up out of his seat, following his friend to the food court where they would soon meet with his sister and Serena. He was thankful this whole mess was done and dealt with.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Heads up folks, some established Syacmore/Meyer fluff. Pure fluff here folks, we haven't dived into their smutty kinks yet. And look! Syacmore speaks French! A Kalosidan speaks French! That's what I was trying to write, anyway. If anyone here speaks French and the translations are wrong, blame Google.

++

It was a warm summer's day in Kalos. Augustine had asked Meyer to come over to his shop to fix up a few machines that had been destroyed by some of the young starters that had decided to run amuck in his lab. Everyone in the lab knew they were dating since Meyer had come in that one afternoon in December, and that was seven months ago.

Now dressed for summer, the professor had unbuttoned his shirt a bit, and was slurping on a smoothie. Casually laying back in his seat as he heard the sound of wrenches hitting against appliances. Sina came by and offered him a faint smile as she offered him more paperwork. He sighed, another day with more work to do. He could be enjoying the summer sun with his boyfriend and here he was caught indoors.

"Apologies professor," Sina bowed, a hand over her chest. "This needs to be done by tomorrow." Sycamore clicked his tongue and sat his smoothie aside. He looked over and saw it was applications for new trainers getting ready for their new Pokémon. Their birthdays had already passed and they were ready to start on their journeys. Which means, he needs to write a letter to their parents telling them they would be accepting his Pokémon as partners.

"C'est très ennuyeux." The professor sighed, earning a look from his mechanic. He had been around the Kalosidian long enough to understand a few phrases in French. Meyer just smiled though, thinking to himself how gorgeous his boyfriend looked staring off into space just now. "What are you looking at, mona mi?"

"You." He smiled, sitting upright to wipe the gunk off his face, Meyer laughed. "And your glorious beauty." He suddenly stood up and wrapped his arms around the professor, leaning in for a surprise kiss.

"Ah, the smell of oil…"

"Pfft." Meyer started laughing and kissed him on the lips, mindful of the oil smears, but Augustine didn't seem to mind. He just accepted the kiss graciously anyway. "I love you."

"Je vous aime à." Meyer blinked for a second, looking down slightly confused. Augustine rolled his eyes. "I love you too." He grinned, leaning in for another sloppy kiss. "So much."

And it'll always be that way. For now, and forever.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
GAY DICKS GAY DICKS GAY DICKS GAY DICKS GAY DICKS IF YOU DON'T LIKE DON'T READ SMUT. SMEX. DON'T LIKE? DON'T READ. ALSO GAY FRENCH SEX. CAN I GET ANY MORE GAY THAN THIS? I AM SERIOUSLY BARFING RAINBOWS. -FLIPS TABLE- I repeat, this is rated M. viewer discretion is advised, kids. (Also for Augustine being a pretty princess in bed and Meyer just loving on him - god it's too much.)

++

This was their moment.

Finally,

Augustine sighed, taking in Meyer's features as he was on top of him. He placed a hand over his five-o-clock beard, smiling as the touch tickled his hands. "It's about time." He chuckled. Kissing Meyer by surprise, the mechanic accepted it regardless, topless, his summer tan showing and his embarrassing tanlines making him blush.

"If you wanted to start sooner you should've let me know." Meyer smirked, moving his mouth to Augustine's ear who giggled softly. A hand was placed on his chest "I – "He paused and then looked at his lover in the eye, wary of the scars that were still healing of his top surgery. "I can touch you right?"

"Oh god yes, please." Augustine moaned at the touches. Large hands against his skinny body. He was nothing but skin and bones! Meyer grinned as he moved further down towards his trousers and began to take them off. "You won't be embarrassed at what you see?"

His eyes flashed across his mechanic, curious. Lysandre never thought twice. He never even blinked. He just went straight ahead.

"W-well…?" He hadn't done this in a very, very long time. Augustine was flustered to say the least.

"Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful." Lysandre nuzzled him close, and the professor repressed a moan.

He bit his lip. He knew he shouldn't be thinking of Lysandre when having sex with Meyer. His boyfriend. His new boyfriend. But the memory was too painful. Lysandre was what brought him out of that shell – that shell he didn't know he even had. They stared at each other for a few seconds, and Meyer's hands caressed the professor's chest a bit more thumbing over the marks, circling a bit.

He would be lying if he said he was embarrassed. He did flush more than the average man. But he was fair, and boney. He wasn't masculine at all. He liked cafes and visiting the florist to decorate his office with fresh flowers. He liked wine and chocolate on Valentine's day versus beer and chips. He wasn't into sports, he was into theater and dancing.

But when Meyer smiled, he felt instantly warm inside. His heart fluttered and butterflies were in his stomach like never before. Something he never felt with Lysandre. He felt love with the man, but the same spark just wasn't there. Meyer was warmer, more outgoing, brighter colors and he had kids. He was a happy-go-lucky single dad who just wanted to have a good time with his family.

Lysandre was an idealist, he wanted to make the world a better place. Always going on about how he could grasp the world and shape it into something more beautiful. When really, it was perfect just the way it was, if Augustine was by his side. He didn't care about his plans he just wanted to sit at a café all day watching crowds go by with his perfect loved one… God, it sounds so cliché.

But when Meyer eyed his scars, then blinked, and smiled… "Beautiful." He said. "How can I hate you?" He grinned wider, and Augustine was agape for a moment. "Something wrong?"

Augustine began to tear up, then he smiled and went in for a kiss. "Mona mi," My love "You're amazing." 'How did I get so lucky?'

Augustine Sycamore was the luckiest man on the Earth. It was official.

As Meyer sniffed a bit he wiped away his tears. "Aw man, you getting me teary-eyed." He hasn't had an experience like this since his wife passed away. So for him, years. He kissed Augustine on the head. "I love you."

Augustine had on silk black boxers, they looked pretty comfortable, too bad they weren't Meyer's size. But as he reached for the strap around his waist – their eyes met again. "Shall we start?" He grinned, so did the professor. It was a silent yes in their eyes. They knew. Meyer knew – it was that okay that didn't need to be addressed. "Okay. I'll go slow if you need me to."

Augustine laughed. "I'm not glass," His trousers were slipping off, soon so were Meyer's. "You can do what you like. I trust you." 'I love you enough to know.' His eyes flashed endearingly as a hand went towards his genitals, knowing there was no cock there it would be a bit awkward for sure – but – when he let out a moan Meyer grinned.

"You okay?" Meyer blinked "Keep going?" He hadn't had sex in a while, but he wasn't going to judge Augustine for what he did in bed or how he reacted either. "Touched a spot you like, huh." He smiled, Augustine giggled.

"Yes, please keep going. I'm fine." He just hadn't had this in a while. 'I'm not made of glass.' His mind hissed. 'I can handle this!'

Meyer messaged Augustine's enlarged clit. Instantly, Augustine's eyes went wide and he moaned out the most beautiful sounds. "Oh god – please – more." Meyer stayed like that for a while, his hands sticky with gunk from his lover's insides. He massaged the area a bit until going a bit deeper with one finger, then fumbling around a bit.

Mindful of his fingernails which weren't very long, Meyer managed to hit that pleasure spot again but this time deeper inside Augustine. He moaned out, almost yelling. "I'm going to pull out okay?" Augustine nodded, it was a happy pain. A very happy pain. He sighed as Meyer pulled out of him his fingers coated in white.

Soon, Augustine braced himself for Meyer's cock and he slowly entered inside of him once again. Another moan of pleasure, this time different from before when he had his fingers inside. But again, a happy sound. Meyer sat like that for a few seconds, until Augustine pleaded for him to move, an orgasm began and Meyer began moving back and forth.

During Augustine's orgasm he said nothing but words like 'please' and 'keep going'. Meyer just smiled. He was so beautiful, he didn't think any less from him as a man, or whatever he wanted to be. He was just simply in love. Then, while Meyer's cock was still inside Augustine he placed a hand on the professor's belly and rubbed it where the orgasm had been calming, just to get a last few minutes of pleasure.

Fluids from both of them flooded the sheets, leaving the both of them laughing. The laid there like that, embracing each other for a few moments. They didn't want to deal with the mess right now, they just wanted to lie like that for the whole night.

Meyer sighed and kissed Augustine's hair. "I love you." But soon his lover had fallen asleep in his arms. Looking at the bed he groaned, this was going to be hard to clean up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Welp... Clemont's like... 'now what?' O.o

++

Ash had won the Kalos League. Trophy in hand, he accepted a warm handshake from Diantha and another placard showcasing his certificate from Professor Sycamore. The celebration for the new champion was about to begin soon, and they would have a large feast for all the battlers that had attended the League today.

'Now if only I can slip away for a moment…' Augustine smiled as he took his picture with Ash and Diantha. As the cameras pulled away to interview the boy he looked in the crowd and there was Meyer, Sina and Dexio. Perfect timing… With Clemont and Bonnie right behind them – only the crowd blocking their view from their father.

'Looks like we'll have to come clean.'

Today was the day.

Steven turned up to congratulate Ash. It was surprising to Sawyer as he never thought he'd get to meet him this early. Alain flushed at the sight of his boyfriend mingling with the new Kalos Champion. Augustine chuckled, not knowing the teen had a jealous side to him. They were talking about how it'd be great to have a battle between Ash and Steven someday. Alain was saying how he wouldn't doubt it'd be great to watch.

Augustine simply smiled at the sight of Alain finally being happy. For once out of the nine months since Lysandre's death, he was at peace.

"Dad!" Clemont began to wave a hand as the three came through the crowd. "Huh? Who's that?"

"M-My brother and sister…" Alain ducked his head in embarrassment. "Quick hide me before she tackles me-!" They all looked, not seeing this side of Alain before. Augustine wrapped an arm around Alain so he couldn't get away. "Dad-!"

Everyone's eyes widened. "Dad?"

"Oh yeah. Alain's my kid. I adopted him. And those two are twins, his adopted brother and sister." They all waved over and Sina and Dexio came clashing into Alain and Augustine like a heard of Tarous. "Ouch – easy!"

"You fool! You said nothing about starting the Kalos League! We would've watched!" Sina stuck her hand into Alain's face and had a hand on her hip. She was sassy for a kid, but Alain loved her nonetheless. "I never get to see you battle!" She puffed up her cheeks. Alain laughed pulling the shorter girl close. "Hey- "

"Love you too sis."

The others smiled. Dexio turned to Ash and bowed. He was calmer and more reserved than his sister, less outspoken. "I'm Dexio Sycamore. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Champion."

Ash accepted the boy's hand and laughed. "Please, call me Ash."

"I didn't know you had siblings Alain!" Bonnie's eyes lit up like diamonds. Like her and Clemont, a large family was always appealing to her since her mother died at the age of two. "A big family sounds great! I wish dad would hurry up and get married so we can have a new mommy!"

Meyer had been drinking a cup of punch and visibly choked. He had been standing next to – not too close – nor holding his hand – Augustine, the two didn't want to make it obvious. "Well… About that…"

"It would be nice if bro could get married too…" Bonnie sniggered and Clemont flushed.

"I'll choose a wife when I'm ready!" Clemont noogied her and they all laughed.

"Kids – we have an announcement to make." Augustine's face went beet red as Meyer clasped his hand. They all stared. He could deal with crowds but not with confessions like this… "The Professor – ah. Augustine and I…"

"Are in a relationship." He gripped Meyer's hand tighter, only to get a look from Alain whose eyes were wide with shock. Bonnie's face was priceless and Clemont… Was… Well… Clemont. "We have been for eight months now."

'Please, please don't kill me.' Augustine pleaded to Alain with near-tears in his eyes. But the teen kept quiet. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Congratulations you two." Steven bowed. He then looked to Sina and Dexio who shrugged.

"We knew. Sina nearly killed Meyer at first when it first happened," Clemont's face went red. But Bonnie was again, overjoyed and glomped the two men – which they were all surprised by.

"Does this mean you two will get married?!"

Meyer coughed again. Augustine laughed. "I don't know – "He was laughing. Hugging Bonnie as she wouldn't let go. "We haven't thought that far ahead. We're just dating now."

Alain's gaze didn't leave Meyer. It was cold for a moment. Then warmed as he noticed the two nuzzled as Meyer lifted Bonnie on his shoulders, if they did get married, that meant Clemont and Bonnie would be his siblings… Not that he minded. He got along with Ash alright. And Bonnie was adorable.

"Take care of him." Finally, he said with a smile. And Meyer turned, smiling back.

"You can count on it."

"So – do we call you Augustine now?" Clemont was confused. He wasn't disapproving. But he didn't know what to call him… Bonnie was happy, and that's what mattered.

"You may still call me Professor," They set Bonnie down and she ran back to Sina who helped fix her hair.

"Are you alright Clemont?" Ash nudged his friend.

"Yeah – just fine Ash." This was surly something to get used to… But he could do it, for his family's sake.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Title: Black Diamonds

Pairing: Lance/Giovanni.

Rating: T-M.

Warnings: Trans character, Dysphoria, Violence.

Notes: The title is a shout-out to MikariStar's Delia/Giovanni fanfic Don't Give Me Diamonds.

++

Giovanni Rocketto was like a perfectly cut diamond.

He was refined, fashionable, he had exquisite taste and was adored by many women. He liked fancy, shiny things the best. He craved power, but was an intelligent being who analyzed things in a sophisticated manner and knew not to divulge into too much at once. Giovanni was truly a rarity. Something that you can't find in a million years.

And that's why most of the grunts at Team Rocket wondered why he was single, by now he should've chosen a girlfriend of some sort or settled down secretively… There was always some sort of gossip going on with the younger members of Team Rocket. But, as for the higher executives, the much more trustworthy members, they were the ones who really knew of his relationships.

Though his real, first love no one knew about.

When Giovanni was sixteen, he had decided that it was time to make a decision about the empire his mother had wished he was to take over one day. Which, of course he didn't want to take over her company, he wanted this own where he could control everything at once. He wasn't going to let her control him like a puppet, helplessly dangling at the sidelines like he had been for sixteen years.

It was his time to move, now or never.

Once he had gotten a few 'friends' so he had told his mother – though she didn't believe him one bit (mother knows best). They made their way to Viridian City. There, they were trying to see what territory they could claim. Currently, it was being patrolled by a rookie gang called The Shadow Stars. "What a dumb name." Giovanni rolled his eyes.

"Marcie, are there any warehouses available for us to takeover?" Their Pokémon were rather weak, they had to catch them on their own with no help from his family. Giovanni knew though within time they'd be strong.

"Not that I'm seeing, looks like we'll be out here awhile…" Marcie was an old friend of Giovanni's from high school. She had graduated from the same class as him and choose a Pokémon from Professor Oak's lab from Pallet Town, where she was born and raised. It just so happened they had gone to high school in Viridian City as she was accepted via-scholarship.

Giovanni's family wasn't going to let him accept his Pokémon from a dinky little peasant town like Pallet. Instead, they choose their own Pokémon for him and he got a Charmander, now evolved into a Charmelon, they stood a fair chance on their own. Giovanni also had caught a Meowth which was digging around for scraps in a back alleyway, the poor thing was pathetic and he felt sorry for it so he gave it a chance to test itself with Team Rocket.

"Where are Dalton and Jace?" Hurried footsteps came from behind Giovanni, there was a bit of a scuffle going on a few blocks back.

"Come back here thieves!"

Great. Now they had to run. "Let's go- "Giovanni grabbed Marcie's wrist and began to run. "You idiots," Dalton and Jace finally caught up, laughing as they held bags of what seemed to be food and Pokémon supplies. "What did you do?!"

"Robbed the place." His eyes went wide. "What? We don't have the cash for jack shit!" Dalton turned the corner. "In here!" Giovanni and the others soon followed. Dalton had taken the pleasure of sitting on the ground – not looking into his leader's eyes. "Man, I thought we were goners!"

"I wish I could fire you…" Giovanni had bent down, panting, he had grabbed at his chest instinctively, mindful of his binder, he sat down on the ground and took a breath. "What did you grab?"

"Some potions, antidotes, paralyze heals," Dalton tossed that bag aside. "But the really good stuff is here – food!" Not just food for them but Pokémon food. "I grabbed as much as I could and just dashed out there – "

"Like a Jolteon who drank ten cups of coffee," Jace laughed, ruffling his hair. He was a transgender boy who had yet paid for surgery or had any money for hormones. He had a done a terrible job of hiding the fact he was a boy, but Giovanni had lent him one of his binders and hoped it would help.

"I'm afraid you'll have to return that." Footsteps revealed a teenage boy wearing a cloak stepping further into view.

"Ha! We stole them fair and square! How do you think you'll stop us!" Dalton stood up – clutching his fist.

"We could just run away." Giovanni got up. "Why don't we act like adults though," He smiled at the boy with striking red hair and – what was that – a superhero cape? "Mr. Hero?"

"Guys," Marcie's eyes widened. "That's Lance! Lance Draco from the Indigo Elite Four!" They all gaped.

"What?!" The boy – a mere teenager – about their age. About, who knows, sixteen or eighteen or so was an Elite Four Champion?

Lance smiled, rubbing the back of his head. "Wow! A fan!" Their eyes widened as the boy just smiled the biggest, dorkiest grin like they had said the most trivial information about him ever. "But seriously I need you to give those back…"

"Why should we?" Dalton said, nervously gripping the bag, a curious look appeared on Lance's face.

It was as if they had just asked him a really stupid question. So the boy rubbed his chin and paused for a moment. "Cause… It's the right thing to do?"

There was a moment of silence. The answer was stupidly simple. But they weren't good guys! They were a gang! The freaking mafia! There's reason for them to return – "Alright. Good enough reason."

Dalton, Marcie and Jace's eyes widened at their leader. "We'll return the items we stole." Lance's eyes went wide like a child receiving a toy on Christmas. That grin… "In return you give us cover to escape. We are the bad guys; we don't want to get caught."

"But if you return them they won't arrest you, besides I'm the champion, they'll understand if you're with me." Lance waved a hand to the suspecting teens. "Come on."

True to his word, the shopkeep didn't call the authorities when they returned the stolen items. "I guess it pays to be a champion," It was more of a rhetorical statement, but Lance smiled as they walked together (why was he still following them?).

"Yeah. I got this huge beach house in Cerulean,"

"Damn" Jace whistled. One day, when Team Rocket's big they'll have digs like that.

"Hey. Wanna come?" The group stopped. "You guys are homeless, right? So you can stay there. It's actually my parent's but… They're in Kalos for the summer visiting family, so you can just hang out there if you want."

They all stared at him, blank-faced.

"You do realize your aiding criminals, right?" Giovanni continued to give a blank face for a moment. But Lance just grinned, rubbing underneath his nose.

"But you returned the items, so…"

"Beach house sounds nice,"
"I could take a bath!"
"The Pokémon can eat – and so can we."

Lance looked at Giovanni with the brightest blue eyes he'd ever seen. He flushed a bit after staring for too long (damn hormones). "The others are into it, what do you say?"

"Alright, fine." They all cheered. After all, what kind of leader would he be if he didn't look out for his grunts?

It took them two days of travelling to get to Cerulean. But by the time they got there, they were finally met by an extravagant, large beach house that was more like a mansion by the sea if anything. Giovanni would be lying if he said he was astounded by all the little details that had been put into the home.

From the gardens to the furnishings in the home, it was truly a sight to behold. "And this," Lance lead Giovanni through the large double-doors where they were met by a giant indoor arena. "Is my favorite place in the whole house."

It wasn't just an arena; it was a stadium. There were bleachers you could sit on to watch people fight and a giant electric billboard was against the middle of the wall to take score of the trainer's Pokémon stats. It was truly beautiful.

Outside, there was a deck that was a pool, another arena for water-type battles. Giovani raised a brow. "You have water Pokémon?"

Lance smiled. "I have all kinds. They're currently in Kalos with family, there is one here though that I use for transportation." Lance whistled and a large gust of wind kicked up – suddenly a giant dragon came their way. Giovanni's eyes widened. "Hey Dragonite! How ya doin?"

Dragonite landed onto the deck with a roar. Giovanni braced himself for the power that was the beast. But, soon it gently bent down and let its master pet it. Never had he seen something so masterful be so graceful at the same time.

"What was that noise?" Dalton rushed out to see the cause of the commotion and was surprised by the giant dragon's appearance. "Whoa – is that the Dragonite that helped you beat the Elite Four?"

Lance let the giant nuzzle him like it was a baby. "Yup! Hey – that tickles! You missed me huh?" Dragonite's nostrils flared. "Alright, I'll feed you now. I know no one's here so it's boring huh."

Giovanni blinked. "Literally no one's here?"

Lance rubbed Dragonite's neck one last time before heading inside. "Nope. Just me. But I'm fine. It's too much trouble to take care of this place so it's easier with just me and Dragonite coming and going." Simple logic, but easy to understand.

When Lance returned he had a giant bowl the size of two Meowths and handed them to Dragonite. "It's so calm." Dalton was amazed at how well-behaved the gentle giant was. "Whoa!" After it was finished devouring its meal it flapped its wings and took off "Where's it going?"

Lance shrugged. "Wherever it wants. We own a lot of land out here so I just let Dragonite roam around, so long as it doesn't get into trouble."

Lance was so carefree and trusting of his Pokémon. Giovanni knew that from his experience with Pokémon that it wasn't so easy to gain trust and also with humans it was even harder. He rarely had any friends as a child, and only got to experience the joys of Pokémon one-on-one during his teenage years. His mother wouldn't allow him to slack off when he could've been learning things about his 'future company'.

But with Lance… He just had a special way with Pokémon that was so different from what he had seen before. Giovanni couldn't help but think maybe he was something special… Something… Different…

They were soon lead into the dining room and all the humans got to eat a meal, prepared by Lance. It was incredible, almost like eating a restaurant. He was clearly experienced at taking care of himself.

"Dude! This is amazing. It's like, restaurant food." Dalton continued scarfing down his pasta Giovanni had awkwardly sat himself across from the champion. "Where'd you learn to cook like this?"

"My mom, she's amazing. Before we got lots of money she used to cook all the time," He continued to slurp up his scampi. "Glad you like it."

"Man! If only I could eat like this every day! Jace mused now too full eat anymore.

Marcie giggled taking a breadstick and dipping it into her pasta sauce. "If I could take a shower every day."

"Don't get too comfortable," Giovanni huffed. "We have to claim our territory in Kanto, we still have a mission, remember." They all groaned. "I knew this would make you spoiled."

"But boss," Jace nudged his shoulder. "You're used to this stuff."

Lance looked over at the gangster with a strange look. He thought Giovanni was just some runaway punk…? "Huh?"

"It's true I am," He sighed. "My family's wealthy, my mother originally wanted me to take over the company she had created, but I did want any of that. I don't want to become a puppet for her like I have been for the past sixteen years." Silence befell them as the Rocket leader picked at his food. Awkward… "But – now I'm finally free. And I can make my own future."

"By becoming a criminal," Lance mumbled.

"By becoming something great." Giovanni's stare darkened. "Besides, your harboring criminals."

"You're not a criminal yet. You're just on the path to being one." This was wiser than their previous conversations. "Think clearly about what you become. Because once you made a decision it's all over,"

"Oh, I have. I thought long and hard." Giovanni's glare made the whole room feel tense. A strange aura emitted from the teen that Lance swore he felt before… But he didn't know where.

"Well, it's your choice then." He shrugged and stood up. "I'm beat. I'm heading to bed. You guys help yourselves."

With a wave of his hand and a yawn, no one else saw Lance for the rest of the night.

"Come in," Giovanni wasn't sure if he should have said that, but when a red-hair champion came into his bedroom (Lance's guest room, his temporarily) dressed in a plush black robe, he flushed instantly. "W-what are you doing here?" He had made use of those robes, in fact he was wearing one right now. But he had yet to hide all of his womanly frills…

"Just wanting to make sure if you were okay," Lance didn't notice the binder that was sprawled out on the floor yet. Instead, he raised a brow at Giovanni. "You okay?"

"I-I'm fine." He looked down at his Meowth who was sleeping in his lap currently. Nudged it, and it meowed and fell on the floor. "O-oops. I didn't mean to do that…"

"Hey little guy," Lance bent down and held out a hand for Meowth to smell. Charmelon was occupying itself by the balcony which doors were closed by the curtains were open. It was curled up and the moonlight was shining on the fire-lizard. "Wow you're really friendly, huh?"

Meowth graciously accepted the pets that his owner was now neglecting him from.

Giovanni's anxiety rose higher as Lance stayed. He didn't want him to find out about his binder but – he couldn't say anything to him now. So… he was completely stuck. Shit. When Lance stood up from petting the Meowth, he noticed something at the corner of his eye.

"Huh?" Shit! "What's that?" Both of their eyes glanced over to the skin-colored object that laid open on the ground.

Giovanni flushed a crimson scarlet. He stood up and hurried to get it out of Lance's sight. "It-its." He was nearly hyperventilating now. He didn't know how to explain that he was a fucking fag and that he was gay and that he liked guys. Not that he liked Lance. Or did he? Oh shit.

"Giovanni calm down, it's okay. I know what it is,"

Giovanni felt like he was about to collapse. It was… okay? Lance was okay with it? "You know this is a binder, right?"

"Yes…?"

"And that – that means I'm trans. Right?"

"Yes…? So?"

Giovanni was floored. He didn't know if he should break down and cry or jump for joy. He didn't know if he wanted to punch Lance or kiss him – so many hormones. Not enough time!

"And. You're okay with that?" Giovanni's face was as red as a Pokeball when Lance laughed.

"Yes!"

Giovanni leaned in and punched Lance right in the gut. He toppled over. "I can't believe you." He sat on the floor, giving the gangster strange looks. "Why are you so simpleminded? How can you be so carefree? I've lived my who live with people giving me shit, with people thinking that I should be the best. They've had nothing but high expectations of me and in the end I failed them." He was ranting, but it was worth it.

Lance was a moron.

Lance smiled regardless. "Not everyone's the same." Meowth still was being petted. "And your Pokémon certainly don't seem to mind."

Giovanni started at that. But in the end he came up with nothing. It was true. Whenever life got him down Pokémon were always there for him, he would secretly run off and try to be with Pokémon whenever he could for comfort. That little girl that always was seen as a delinquent in his mother's eyes was truly just someone who was trying to get away from all the chaos and hate.

….. He was a man. And his Pokémon accepted it. He always thought they were simpleminded fools, and there could never be a human just like that. But here he was presented with Lance and he was denying himself of his acceptance. How stupid could he be?

Meowth crawled over and rubbed itself up against Giovanni's leg. He smiled and bent down to pet it. "I'm pretty foolish, aren't I?" Meowth purred and jumped up on the bed. "I apologize."

Lance blinked. "I don't judge a person off of things like that," Lance stood up looking towards the balcony. "But you're still heading in the wrong path – I still say think long and hard about what you want to do." This again. What was he his father?

…. They stood in silence for a moment, until Lance got an idea. "Go out with me tomorrow."

As in… "A date?"

"Yeah!" Lance twirled for a second. "A date! It'll be fun. There are great restaurants around here. Why not?" But – was he? Though at this point did it really matter? "My treat." And just like that, a wave of his hand he was gone. "See ya tomorrow."

"Wait- "The door slammed shut, only earning a perplexed look from Meowth. "Stubborn fool…" Giovanni sighed, flopping backwards onto the bed and feeling his chest. An instant flush overcame him as he felt his breasts. What was he trying to pull?

"The boss is going out on a date – with the champion?" Dalton asked, shocked. They were all hanging out by the beach the next morning. They had no idea they would be left alone for the whole day. "What are we supposed to do?"

Marcie shrugged. "Hang out here I guess. We've got a whole beach house to explore." She eyed her Pokémon. Her team only consisted of three at the moment. A Wartortle named Hex, a Pidgeotto named Justice, and a Pikachu named Bolt. "The Pokémon are enjoying it. I'm in no rush to leave."

Jace had two Pokémon. A Venomoth named Ivy and a Kadabra named Jarvis. He caught them when they were fairly young, they were currently recognized as the strongest, being the only ones that could pull off psychic attacks. As for Dalton, he had a Haunter. It liked to play tricks on people henceforth why he stole those items so easily. Its name was Gaster and it was his only Pokémon for now.

'Physic can't affect Ghost,' Gaster sneered at Jarvis, getting closer in his face. 'This battle is useless. You might as well give up now.'

'I'm known as the strongest in Team Rocket! How dare you mock me, ghost!' The bipedal creature readied its spoons for an attack. 'This is why I hate Ghost Types…' It snarled. Meanwhile Hex noticed the commotion from where it was swimming and came over to investigate.

'What's going on?' Hex came running over. 'Don't tell me you two are fighting again.'

Gaster laughed. 'We're just having a slight disagreement.' He hooted out another laugh, making the Kadabra blush.

'You bastard!' Just then, Jarvis fired a Pysbeam at Gaster who allowed himself to get hit. 'N-Nothing at all!'

Bolt and Justice were alerted to the scene along with the humans. "What's going on?" Hex though was getting tired of Gaster's high-and-mighty attitude. It reminded him of Meowth's. One who he didn't wish to deal with right now.

'But water can affect you – 'So he fired a water gun straight at the creature, soaking him. 'Ha!' The humans gaped – were they playing or fighting? Or play-fighting? Hex wagged his tail and stuck out his tongue. 'Come and catch me if you can, ghost!'

Gaster literally flushed. HE does the taunting! Not be taunted! He was the master of all things trickery! He was the prankster Pokémon! The humans laughed. "Looks like you better up your game, Gaster."

The nerve of that Wartortle! He began chasing him until he was met face-to-face with the ocean.

'Come on! What are you a Torchic?'

Gaster could just simply float over the water. But the thought of getting wet again bothered him too much. Still… This fight they were having – was his game. He wasn't going to allow it. So he shrugged. 'No thanks. I pass.'

He wasn't going to be a fool in front of everyone.

Until Hex fired another water gun in his face, and now it was on. 'Shadow Ball!' Hex was struggling in the water. Good. Let him drown. He didn't care. But as Marcie went in to go help Hex he sighed. Dalton looked at Gaster with a stink-eye. 'What did I do? He started it!'

Though all came out were animalistic growls. Of course they couldn't hear him. Why couldn't Hex swim? He was a Wartortle for Arceus' sake!

"Hex – your leg!" Oh. That's why. He'd gotten his leg… "Let's get you inside." Oops. Marcie carried Hex on her back to the shore, only earning a glare from the turtle as they passed to get to the house. He messed up…

"I worry about them," Giovanni looked back as they drove further and further away from the beachside mansion. "Their incompetence really gets to me…"

"Come on, they'll be fine. There are healing machines throughout the entire mansion if the Pokémon get into any fights, they could order something if they got hungry." The zoom of the car was smooth and Lance smiled as he focused on the road, not turning back. "Relax, we'll have fun."

Giovanni sighed as he sat back, adjusting in his seat. He wondered what Lance's version of 'fun' was…

He shouldn't have asked.

When they arrived, it was a restaurant themed around Pokémon battles. Of course you can just simply sit and watch, since Lance had reserved a head of – wait what? He RESERVED knowing that this would work out? The nerve of him! Giovanni fumed as the waiters and waitress lead them through the restaurant, which was a pretty classy one too.

"Your order sir, with full view of our finest arena," Giovanni looked over at the trainers that were battling he didn't seem to notice anything special about them… But Lance said to pay attention – he might see something good today.

"Raichu – use quick attack!" The blonde haired man sent out a hefty electric mouse. It looked strong, and it was fast as it went for the Pokémon ahead of it.

"Bunnelby dodge it by using dig!" The other one was a redhead with glasses. Lance told Giovanni to take note that Bunnelby was a Kalos-native Pokémon. One that, Giovanni had never seen before. "Now – mud shot!"

"Iron Tail it away!" But the raven's technique back fired as the sticky mud penetrated the mouse too quickly. "Raichu are you OK?"

"Rai rai!" The Pokémon was on one knee but quickly got up. "Raichu!"

"Not bad Ash!" Wait… He was praising his opponent? "But I'm afraid we're going to win this one! Now Bunnelby use Double Slap!"

It was using its ears as hands! That was incredible! Raichu had nowhere to run! Ash was completely stunned! … But then – out of nowhere he began smiling!

"We can use this to our strategy – Raichu use Eletroball!" Just as Bunnelby had caught Raichu in its ears, Raichu fired a powerful shock to it using an attack he'd never seen before.

Bunnelby was still standing…? "What motivated Pokémon…" Giovanni's eyes were glued to the battle, Lance continued to eat.

"They're motivated because of their trainers." Giovanni blinked, trainers? "The bonds they share between Pokémon and trainer is important, you know." The redhead winked, causing Giovanni to flush going back to his food.

"Mud shot – Bunnelby lets end this!"

"Thunder- lets go Raichu!"

And… Three. Two. One… "Bunnelby is unable to battle, the winner is Ash from Pallet Town!" Pallet Town… Pallet Town…

The two trainers stepped forward and shook hands, then Ash tackled the redhead and began to noogey him. "They seem like good friends." The dragon master had seen a lot of battles, but there was something about that one…

"Where are you going?" Giovanni asked still sipping on his soup.

"To go talk to them. Come on!" He grabbed Giovanni's wrist – dragging him to the field.

"Now where were they…" Lance looked around for the two trainers and soon noticed them talking by the bleachers. "There they are! Come on!" Giovanni really didn't want to talk to him. But he supposed it was the Champion's job to give pep talk to all types of trainers no matter what class they were.

"Hey, you two, nice battle." Lance walked over with a wave. The two men's eyes went wide.

"Oh! You're Lance the Elite Four Champion!" Ash immediately stood, looking more eager than before. "If I had my other Pokémon on me I'd so challenge you!"

Giovanni shot the other man a glance, who simply shrugged. This kid Ash, he was cocky. But Lance looked motivated too, so it didn't seem to matter.

"That sounds fun, but I don't have my main team with me right now. Just Dragonite." He rubbed the back of his head, so modest.

"The one on TV?"
"Yup!"
"Haa I'd so want to meet that Pokémon, seems really strong!"

Lance bent down to pet Raichu when Ash moved his hands out "Your Raichu is really well raised, how long have you had it?" Raichu was enjoying a cheek massages – right underneath their electric pouches the Raichu evolutionary line enjoyed being messaged. Built up electricity can be a problem in these Pokémon, so Lance was doing Raichu a favor.

"That's incredible, whenever I pet Raichu like that it shocks me…" He laughs about it.

"They actually like massages like this, give it a try." Ash bent down and noticed Raichu went limp and became sleepy.

Giovanni blinked. His whole team was Dragon Types. So how does he know so much about Pokémon? "You know a lot about various types of Pokémon. Whys that if they call you the Dragon Master?"

Lance stood up and rubbed his head. "Well, I grew up with them. My parents ran a daycare and we got a long with all sorts of Pokémon when I was a kid. So I learned about their strengths and weaknesses and how to care for them, medically and whatnot as well. I just had a special connection with Dragon Types. People always praised me on that since they're so rare…"

"That's amazing…"

Giovanni eventually stopped listening. He just saw how amazing Lance was with Pokémon. He didn't understand Human-Pokémon relationships at all. Probably because he was stripped so early from them and didn't get to interact much with his partner growing up. It was a harsh environment he grew up in, but that was the reality of his world.

"Come on, Gio. Let's go." Lance tugged at his shoulder.

Giovanni's head perked up. "W-What did you just call me?"

Lance chuckled. "Can't I give you a nickname?" This Lance… He was… Indescribable.

They spent the whole day out together. Giovanni constantly insisting they go back to check up on the others. But Lance said he needed to get out and get some fresh air. Which was true. So he enjoyed their time together in Cerulean. He wasn't going to stay long anyway. By the time they went back to the beach house, they saw all of the members awkwardly sitting, purposefully avoiding each other.

"Whoa. Where's the fire?" Lance just had to ask.

"Gaster. That's who." She huffed and turned a heel, exiting the room. The two men blinked for a second, confused. Gaster was in the corner, looking at the ocean through the window. Dalton was embarrassed, his head in his hands.

"He won't go back in his Pokeball."

Giovanni sighed. "Not my problem if your Pokémon refuses to listen to you," He turned to leave the room when Gaster glared. "What?" He eyed the ghost. "Even Meowth, whose weaker than you by twenty levels obeys his commands."

"Come on – Giovanni – "Lance put a hand on his shoulder but Giovanni smacked him away.

"I will not accept any refusal or incompetence in Team Rocket. Even from Pokémon themselves. Do you understand me?" Gaster glared, it was sinister. It was one-on-one with the bossman. Dalton stood up, in between them.

"Come on Gas, knock it off already. You know you shouldn't pick fights with – "Gaster hissed making Dalton flinch. Giovanni smirked. He was showing no respect for his trainer at all. Instead, he left the room. "Gaster! Ah dammit!" Dalton ran after him.

"Damn you, Giovanni…" Lance shook his head. "Yelling at it isn't going to make it listen."

"I didn't yell," Giovanni turned to leave the room. "I simply stated my orders." Even Dalton could understand what those meant.

Jarvis was busy watching Hex rest. The psychic type was not in a good mood. Because of what happened before, it had left him sour. They'd patched him up but mostly his pride was damaged. How dare Gaster mock him like that…

Soon, he heard a growl coming from the hallway.

Gaster.

He groaned. "What do you want, ghost?" Jarvis turned, to see the ghost seriously peeved. But it didn't say a thing as it rested its hands up against the glass. Intently watching the Wartortle, Hex, rest. "….." Jarvis didn't respond to that. Until, Dalton came around the corner yelling for Gaster.

"Gaster wait – "

Dalton was about to recall Gaster when Lance put a hand on his shoulder. "Look." Dalton looked at what they were doing. Sitting side by side, harmless. Watching Hex. "I think Gaster has already said his apology to Jarvis."

Dalton let it sink in for a moment. He didn't really think of Gaster's emotions much, he just thought of him as something that would get him a promotion in Team Rocket. That was all. A tool. But – when he came to this place and talked to Lance – things changed. Maybe… Pokémon really were smarter than he thought.

He sighed, tucking the Pokeball back in his pocket. "Do you think… They think like you and I?" He turned his head, not looking at anyone. Dalton didn't think much on the subject of emotions. Like Giovanni, he grew up in a harsh environment and used Team Rocket to escape that reality.

"Of course they do." Lance and him slowly were making their way out of the infirmary. "You'd be surprised what Pokémon are capable of."

What the world is capable of.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Title: What if. (You Never Knew, But Then I Told You, and You Were Pissed.)

Chapter: Part 1.

Summary:

What if Team Rocket joined in on the Lumoise Invasion? What if Lysandre faked his death, ultimately revealing his plans to take over the world – only to have the XY Family and friends stop him in the end after Ash had won the Kalos League? Watch as Clemont, Bonnie, Serena, Shauna, Tireno, Trevor, Alain, Steven, Sina, Dexio, Diantha, Meyer, Prefessor Sycamore and others all ban together to stop the two evil team's missions to take over the world.

Tie-In to Black Diamonds, Sequel to Confessions, AU.

Pairings: One-sided Alain/Ash, Alain/Steven, Meyer/Augustine, Serena/Ash, Past-Augustine/Lysandre, Lance/Giovanni, Jesse/James, Hawlucha/Greninja, Pikachu/Meowth, Cassius/Wikstorm, Alexa/Siebold, Viola/Grant, Tireno/Shuana, Trevor/Sawyer, Aria/OC.

++

How did it come to this? Thought Augustine as he ran through the streets of Lumiose City, running over giant tangled vines and dodging their attacks. Screaming men, women and children, all running in fear of being killed by these – plant things. He had no idea who started this, or what was going but he'd be dammed if he didn't get to the bottom of it.

"Garchomp – use Hyper Beam!" Augustine cried out, and his Dragon roared obediently sending a blast through the air. Everything shook as the beam of light struck one of the Flare Grunt's Pokémon, eventually shaking them off of Dexio. "Dexio – gods. Are you alright?"

"Florges, return!" Dexio recalled his Pokémon who was badly bruised. "Dad!" They hugged, and Garchomp nuzzled them both. "I was worried."

"I was worried!" Tears fell down from Augustine's face. He took in the fact his son was safe and he was holding him in his arms – but now wasn't the time for tears. He had to fight, and find his other children. "Do you know where the others might be?" He wiped the tears from his face, and he saw Dexio do the same, nodding. "We need to hurry. Let's go, Garchomp!"

She roared, flying after the duo as they rushed through the city, avoiding the wild jungle that was trying to kill them.

++

"Alain you moron!" Sina hissed as her swollen ankle burned with pain. She was currently being carried by her older brother, tears streaming down her face, nuzzling into his back. "Don't do something like that again!" Referring to how Alain had used Charizard to slice through the vines, but they didn't know they were going to come back right towards them.

Sina and Alain had gotten out without any major injuries, but Sina's ankle got sprained. Alain sighed and smiled, letting his little sister cry it out; she was generally so brave and acted so mature. But this was different, nobody had seen this coming. "I'm sorry, I didn't expect the vines to literally come back at me and try to kill me." He said in a hushed tone. "Stop being a baby."

She hit his back and he 'owed' "I'm not a baby! You're an idiot!" She nuzzled deeper as they paused. "I love you, Alain." She said, her face muffled while she had been buried into his jacket. "I'm sorry you lost." Alain blinked, then sighed.

"No problem. Ash deserved to win. He's a lot stronger than I am anyway."

Sina looked up, trying to see her brother's face. "That's not – "

"Alain -!" In the distance, there was Ash, and his Pikachu. The Ketchum boy had been with his friends. Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. They were all fine, and unharmed so it seemed. "Are you alright?!" They caught up, and Alain placed Sina down. "Sina…!"

"I'm fine, Mr. Champion." She smiled, wiping her face. "Just a sprain."

Clemont began digging through his bags. "Here lemme see if I have something for that." Sina blinked… This boy – he was Meyer's son. She smiled, then looked down at Bonnie who looked sad, and frustrated. "Here, this'll sting a little." Sina winced, holding onto Alain's shoulder.

"I'm fine. Thank you." The potion worked like a charm, but she still needed to be carried.

"Squishy is gone!" Tears weld up in Bonnie's eyes. "I can't find him anywhere!" Alain and Sina were confused, then Bonnie turned. "I gottta find Squishy – "She turned, until Clemont caught her by the arm. "Leggo bro – leggo!"

"We can't just let you go by yourself, Bonnie! It's dangerous! One of us will go with you!" Bonnie looked at her brother in awe. "Besides, I need to take back the Lumiose Gym…" He sighed in frustration. There was an odd energy wave that came out of nowhere, and a piercing roar.
They all looked in the direction of the Lumiose Tower. Bonnie's eyes went wide. "Squishy…?" They all looked too, Alain's mouth went agape.

"Zy… Zygarde?" They all turned to him. "Something that Lysandre was researching before he…" Sina placed a hand on his shoulder, but he smacked it away. "Zygarde. Something we think is a Pokémon… But we're not sure."

"So – Squishy is – Zygrade?!" Ash and the others gasped. Bonnie placed her hands over her mouth.

"Squishy is in pain! I have to go! He's calling for me!" And with that, Bonnie ran towards the Lumiose Tower. There was no stopping her, though Clemont sighed, he pressed his glasses forward and ran after her.

"Bonnie – wait!" Ash and Serena followed. "Come on guys!"

++

"No way," Lance's tone was hushed, his breath was hitched, he didn't want to believe all of this was happening. But here it was, the destruction was taking place right before his eyes. To Team Rocket, and other organizations like it, it would be beautiful. But to the Elite Four Champion, it was horrific. He stood by his cousin as they watched the destruction of the city.

They were in a helicopter and fast approaching The Lumiose Tower. There, he'd see his ex-lover for the first time in ten years. He knew Giovanni had something to do with this. Lance had been researching Mega Evolution and the energy it gave off. When he found out a group called Team Flare had been doing the same thing, he rushed to Kalos, meeting up with his cousin Malva who was now a part of the Kalos' Elite Four.

They went undercover together for months, giving intel to each other. Malva was a spy for Lance in regards to Team Flare's research. When the leader of Team Flare faked his death (with the help of Malva, of course) he was taken to one of Lance's safe houses in Kalos. There they talked about his continuing dreams for taking over Kalos. Only, only if though – had Lance been quick enough to stop the ultimate outcome. He didn't realize it'd be something like this.

He only got word recently that Team Rocket had been currently stationed in Kalos. A friend of a friend told him. He sighed, rubbing his forehead. He had no idea what the meetup with Giovanni would be like, after all these years. But, he knew it would not go over well; considering how their previous meeting went.

"The other members of The Elite Four are on their way." Malva squeezed her cousins' hand tighter. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little shaken up. Is all." He felt nauseous. Thinking of all the innocent lives that were at stake here. What was Giovanni doing right now? Probably sitting back and enjoying the chaos. That, or wreaking havoc amongst others. Or… Could he be out there- somehow stuck in it?

Why should he care? That was ten years ago. Thought Lance, scowling at the thought of the things they had before, now long gone. They broke it off, and it was finished. That was that. Totally done. He didn't even bother to call, or leave a note. Giovanni's feelings were obvious back then, so why should they have changed now?

"You're thinking of him." Malva smirked. Lance's flush deepened a crimson scarlet. "Your making that face you usually do when your deep in thought." She giggled. "I wonder…"

"Malva!" He spat. "Ugh. I don't have time for this." He threw a Pokeball and out came his trusty Dragonite. Malva's eyes widened, then she sighed. "Come on Dragonite – let's fly!" The Dragon flapped its wings and roared. "I'll see you around."

Malva winked at a still flushing Lance. "Good luck."

Lance groaned, shaking his head. 'She's such a pain!'

++

Giovanni scowled. Upon arriving in Kalos, this wasn't what he had been expecting… No. Not at all. He hadn't realized it at first, but two of his
grunts had been able to get into Kalos, and given him information about a new organization called Team Flare. Team Flare, researching Mega
Evolution and the energies that came with it. It was truly an interesting concept, but he didn't have the equipment to continue said investigations. When Giovanni found out about the sudden death of Team Flare's leader, Lysandre, he decided to look into things further.

Someone had to be pulling things from behind the scenes. He had no idea who that person was, and he didn't have any guesses yet, but when he got to Kalos… He was stunned. It reminded him of his attempts of conquest over Unova. About a year ago, he ruefully remembers how he had lost himself in pure madness and power. He had been possessed, and let himself get away until his grunts snapped him out of it.

Shaking his head, he couldn't help but think that there was someone out there actually considering destroying the world, like he had almost done. But – of course there were all sorts of people out there. Not all of them as smart as he was… He had made his mistakes, admittedly, but as the leader of Team Rocket, he usually made up for those with his intellect.

"Land here." There was a clear enough landing, so he guessed there was only one way for them to move as there was nothing but smoke and chaos even as they flew. Besides, he wanted to look around and investigate things further. His piolet asked him if he'd be alright alone, but he shrugged it off and said he'd be fine. Persian by his side, he walked by himself through the mad jungle.

He had no idea what he was doing, really. But all he knew was he had to get to the bottom of whoever was in charge of Team Flare.

"Pikachu – come on!"

"Ash – wait up!"

"Bonnie – wait!"

"You guys we have to save Squishy!"

"Hey – I'm carrying someone here!"

"Are you calling me fat?!"

There was yelling and children laughing. Laughter? At a time like this? Giovanni blinked. He saw the children running, a boy and his Pikachu, two other boys – one with blonde hair, one with raven hair and he was carrying a girl on his back. She was clearly injured, something wrong with her leg, the other two girls, the blonde and the burnet, similar to his own hair color were following them from behind.

"Hey – look there's someone!"

"Pika Pi!" The Pikachu chirped joyously and stopped dead in its tracks. Persian meowed as they began sniffing each other. "Pikachu!" They spun around some, greeting each other the way Pokémon usually do. A simple hello sniff and then the two smiled. Persian didn't come onto Pokemon that well so quickly. But Giovanni gave a soft smile to the children.

"Hey – are you okay?" Giovanni blinked. "The city's really messed up. But we're heading to the Lumiose Tower." Lumiose Tower? Where were their parents?

"The gym's that way – "

"Guy's Squishy – "

"We're going Bonnie just hold on!" The little girl stomped her feet in protest, who was this Squishy they kept talking about? There was another roar from the distance, something Giovanni had heard before. "There's Zygarde again…' The blonde whispered, looking up at the tower.

"Zygarde?"

"Squishy!" The girl's cheeks puffed up. "We gotta go! He needs me!" The little girl tugged at the blonde haired boy's arm. "Come on bro!" She ran – and the boy – the girl's brother ran after her.

"Wait – can't we rest!?"

"Clemont – Bonnie!" Ash reached out a hand. "Serena, you go after them. Hey, wait I know. Guy's come on out!" A Talonflame and Noivern, two very powerful looking Pokémon came out with a large battle cry and flapped their wings, surprising both Giovanni and Persian. "Take these guys with you in case something happens."

"Right – you'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine! Just go!" Serena let go of the boy's arm and he sighed, shaking his head. "Are you guys okay?" He turned back to Giovanni, and the two children. The two children seemed tired. "Alain – I can carry Sina."

"Hold on, where are your parents? Are you all by yourselves?" Giovanni started, Ash and Alain looked up at the stranger then back to each other.

"My mom's in Kanto, sir. I'm a Pokémon trainer – I just won the Kalos League then all of this happened." He looked back at his friend, supporting him and the girl. Giovanni's mouth opened, surprised that this boy was the Kalos League Champion. "And uh… Alain?"

"My dad is Professor Augustine Sycamore. I was adopted…" He trailed off. "Sina and I are adopted siblings," They sat down to catch their breaths, Giovanni sighed. "We were separated when all hell broke loose."

"Well then, what kind of adult would I be if I left you two here?" They looked up. "Come now, when you all catch your breath I'll help you through this jungle."

Sina, Ash and Alain looked at each other, confused. Then shrugged.

++

Giovanni sighed. He didn't expect to be carrying a child the whole way. But Alain and Ash had pretty powerful Pokémon. Ash's Greninja had some sort of strange form; something he had never seen before in a Pokémon. Ash's Pikachu was pretty strong too. And as reckless as the boy was, he was brave.

He reminded him of Lance.

Giovanni's heart swelled as they reached further into the city. Pikachu's ears perked up and looked up as it heard someone calling towards it. It cried, running towards the left alleyway. "Pika Pi!" The others turned, Alain's eyes went wide.

"Dad!" Giovanni sighed. His job of playing babysitter was finally over, now he could get some peace.

"Alain – thank god! Sina!"

"Brother, sister!" How many kids did this guy have? Giovanni sat the girl down, and she hugged her father. "Dummy."

"Jerk." They smiled. The man, who was apparently known as Professor Sycamore smiled at Giovanni, and lent out a hand.

"Thank you – uh – "Giovanni shook the Professor's hand.

"Giovanni Rocketto. No need to thank me."

"Augustine Sycamore."

Giovanni nodded, Ash turned to the Lumiose Tower. Fire burning in his eyes. "Squishy…" He murmured… "Something's up. I can feel it. I don't know what – but something big is going down."

"Aside from all the shit that's happening now?" Alain asked, Augustine glared. "Sorry."

"No I mean – some sort of strange Aura." Giovanni's eyes went wide. This boy can sense Aura? "I usually don't feel it unless something big is about to happen, or someone really strong is around."

"You can sense Aura too?" The others turned, Ash included to Giovanni. "My family is a decedent from Aura-wielding masters. That's very impressive Mr…"

"Ketchum. Ash Ketchum." Giovanni's eyes went wide. Where had he heard that name before? Ash let out a hand, but Giovanni still thought back to an old memory – about a girl named Delia Ketchum who lived in a little town called Pallet. But why was that important?

"What's wrong?" Ash cocked his head to the side as Giovanni had yet to shake his head.

"Would your mother's name be Delia perchance?" His lips were dry, and he felt nauseous. Ash's eyes narrowed, and he nodded. He didn't know what to say – the others just simply stared. Giovanni opened his mouth. But then closed it right away.

"Why do you know my mom?"

The answer wouldn't come. He didn't know what to say. That baby boy he left in Pallet Town all those years ago, he'd finally found him.

His son.

Ash.

++

"Goddammit!" Siebold cursed, sending out his Pokémon to take care of the veins, though really the more he fought the more he was causing damage to his restaurant. "Goddammit where is everyone!?"

He only had water Pokémon at his disposal. As far as he was concerned, water made plants grow. And much to his chargin' his efforts were doing little effect on the jungle that was currently occupying his storage room. "Use Ice Beam Starmie!" He cried out – but still the plants seemed to grow over the ice. His eyes went wide as he heard a roar, and saw a large glowing claw rip through the plants.

"Hey –!" Siebold bit his lip. Though, before he could say anything the walls started to shake and a hand reached out and grabbed him, the claws grabbed his Starmie, and they were both thrown out onto the streets before the building collapsed. "My restaurant!" Grabbing his head and falling to his knees, he didn't even thank his savior as he was too busy crying over the fallen building.

"Stop being a baby. Help me with the civilians!" Drasna barked, usually calm and collective, she was now fierce and full of fire. "We need to find the others as well. I can't get a hold of them. Team Flare blocked all terms of communications."

Siebold looked up, curious. "All wireless access has been cut off?" He stood, balancing himself with Starmie. Drasna sighed. "Alright. Let's split up, one of us is bound to find the others and then regroup later."

Drasna nodded. Siebold headed towards The Lumiose Press. The vines were blocking off the entrance, and he could hear people shouting from the inside. "Barbaracle use Cross Chop!" He threw out a Pokeball and his Barbaracle appeared in a flash of light, readying itself it slashed the vines over and over until they faded.

"Noivern use Boomburst!" A cry from inside came – he didn't realize it but vines were coming from behind him, and the Noivern's Boomburst had stopped the vines from attacking him. He sighed, catching his breath.

"Thank you, Miss." He smiled, the Noivern hovered beside its trainer. Both women were carrying cameras and both had Pokémon. The women which he realized were Alexa and Viola. Alexa, chief of staff of the Lumiose Press, and Viola. Santalune Gym's Leader.

"No, thank you. Hey – your Siebold. The Water Gym Leader of the Elite Four. Right?" Her eyes widened. Siebold nodded. "If I wasn't short on film I'd so get a picture." He laughed.

"Sis, now isn't the time! We gotta get out of here!" They all looked at each other, and nodded.
As they began running, Siebold smiled. "I'm looking for the other members of the Elite Four. They were supposed to meet up at my restaurant today… But looks like we have a change of plans."

"Oh – I'd love to eat there someday! You know, if I could get an inside scoop for the Press." Viola groaned. They came across another jumble of vines and Alexa called out her Noivern for another Boomburst, Siebold attempted to get Barbaracle to Cross Chop the vines once again. "I don't know what's going on… Why is the city like this?!"

None of them had any idea what was going on, or who had been causing the chaos… But when there was an outcry coming from the allies on Siebold's right, he heard a familiar, hearty laugh, some cursing, and more laughing. Siebold groaned and headed in the direction of the noise, only to roll his eyes. 'That son of a bitch!'

"Well then it seems I win this round!" The steel-type member of the Kalos Elite Four, Wikstorm laughed, his hands on his hips and Klefki hovering beside him. When he heard a familiar stream of swear words he turned his head. "Ah Siebold – come to aide a Knight in need? Well never fear! I have come out victorious!"

Siebold stopped in his tracks. He saw the carnage that Wikstorm left, the three Flare Grunts groaning. "Let's get out of here!" They all scurried to their feet – when Siebold clutched his fists. When they saw him, they stopped what they were doing, backing up. Wikstorm was right behind them, smiling all the while.

"No so fast, punks. Today, I was planning on having a real nice lunch between my asshole-friends. Then, before I knew it the whole city is overgrown with killer-vines from hell! And then – my restaurant gets fucking destroyed!" A vein popped out of Siebold's head. Viola and Alexa stopped as they saw Siebold unleash his rage on the grunts. "I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT!"

Both of the men knocked the three grunts out cold. Though it was mostly Siebold and his Savat, flailing his legs around Wikstorm didn't have to put up much of a fight. They tossed the three evil-doers in a pile. Siebold sighed and took out a cigarette. "I really need this. Fuck, what a day."

"Smoking's bad for you, squirt."

Siebold rolled his eyes, ignoring the remark and lit his cigarette, puffing out a stream of smoke he then tucked his hands back into his pockets. It was going to be rough. Surviving – whatever the hell this was. He just was having a fantastic day so far. "So, where's Vampire Boy?"

Cassius, Wikstorm's boyfriend – or Vampire, Paleface, Gengar, Emotastic, I-Really-Need-To-Get-Some-Sun… Currently wasn't clinging to the Knight's hip at the moment. Which, Siebold didn't know to be happy or disturbed at. Given the circumstances, not that he was worried for the freak, he just needed to know where everyone was… For reasons.

"He's currently trying to gain access to Lumiose Tower."

Siebold blinked, then cocked his head to the side. "Why?"

"To see if he can get the city back online, and deliver a message."

Message? What message? "Now – come fair maidens! Klefki and I will guide you through the city! Fear not! Adventure awaits! We must welcome danger!" Wikstorm laughed, Siebold groaned, the two women looked at each other and sighed.

"Yeah. He's always like that. Don't worry, you'll be safe with me." He flashed flirty eyes to Alexa, and she laughed. Viola groaned, grabbing her sister's arm as she waved. Looking up at the sky, Siebold wondered about the others. Were they okay?

++

"Olympia – back me up! Take Meowstic!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Now go!"

Cassius huffed as he ran towards the Lumiose Tower. He was currently bleeding on his right shoulder, one of the Flare Grunts had shot him – mother fucking bastards! But he didn't have time. He had to deliver the message that Malva had given him over the phone before he had gotten in Lumiose. He gritted his teeth and leaned up against the wall, panting.

"Bonnie – wait up!" His vision was hazy, but he saw three kids running in the direction of the tower. A blonde haired boy with a strange backpack on, a blonde haired girl with looked identical to the boy and a yellow purse and a Dedenne looking out of it – was it real? And another girl with honey-brown hair and a pink hat on.

"Hey – wait!" He cried, only catching the boy's attention, damn, his shoulder hurt. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the pain! He stumbled forward, only to be caught by the kid. "You heading towards the tower?" He huffed, the kid nodded. "How come?"

"I'm the gym l- your shoulder's bleeding!" The boy – the gym leader? Oh yeah, there was a boy named Clemont who was the Gym Leader of the Lumiose Tower. How could he forget? There just had been some absence for a while… "Here… I have something for that…" The two other kids sat down beside him.

"Are you okay mister?" The little girl – Bonnie? Gave him a concerned look, her Dedenne poked its head out of her pouch. He smiled, even though he was in a hell of a lot of pain, and wincing clearly.

"Yeah. This is just a scratch. Don't worry kid. And the name's Cassius."

Clemont's eyes narrowed as he picked up a potion bottle. "You're the man who picked up after Bill, the one who runs the Storage System!" Yup that was him. He was surprised to be known by just some kids, but the two others didn't know his name so… "I'm glad I got to meet you. Just uh, not like this."

"Same here." Cassius took off a part of his jacket, showing his shoulder and where he had gotten shot. Serena gasped. "Yeah. Okay. Maybe more than a scratch."

"What happened?" Serena supported his back as he groaned.

"I got shot by one of those da- dang Team Flare Grunts." Their eyes went wide. "I have important information they want." They all darted looks towards each other. "I gotta deliver a message to the people of Lumiose, and the rest of Kalos. That's why I need to establish a connection at the Tower. Once I get in, I'll be fine and I can take it from there. Just the thing is – "

"The grunts took it over." Clemont's eyes narrowed. His hand was shaking. Then, he sighed. "Hold on, this'll sting a little." Cassius nodded, not really paying attention but when Clemont sprayed the potion onto his shoulder he threw his head back and bit his lip.

"Ah – mother – "Bonnie held her ears. "Cracker. Sorry." Clemont got out some bandages and wrapped them around Cassius's shoulder, after he had done a quick, makeshift job of them, the Tech put his jacket back on. "Thanks. I lent my Meowstic to Olympia. I've still got my Porygon Z and my Rotom though, so it'll be easy hacking into the Tower if they've changed anything."

"Wait – Olympia's here?" Serena asked, they began moving.

"Yeah. All the members of the Elite Four, and the Gym Leaders are here. There was a spy working for Team Flare who leaked out information, plus Olympia's Future Sight predicted the worst possible outcome…" He shook his head. "Sorry Siebold." Cassius laughed.

"Whose Siebold?" Bonnie looked, confused.

"He's just a- ah never mind." Why did he care about that loser? He was probably having a way better time than he was. Hell, he had gotten shot. But oh well, at least he was almost to the tower, anyway.

++

"Aromatisse, use Charge Beam!" Aria cried.

A light shot from the Fairy Pokemon's beak and shot at the Flare Grunt's Drapion. The Pokémon cried out, being pushed away though feet buried deep into the cement. It stilled for a moment, the grunt snarled – looking back at its partner, not too pleased with the results.
"Shake it off this instant!" He barked. "Now – use Poison Fang!"

The Pokémon bared its fangs and they glowed a bright purple, Drapion was a crafty, fast Pokémon when it wanted to be. And that attack didn't seem to have much effect on it at all considering how much speed it was charging at the little Aromatisse. The Fairy's eyes narrowed as the fangs went straight for it. And so did its trainers.
"Dodge it – "

And as it seemed too late, a cry from the distance and a shot of power hit Drapion before it sunk its fangs into Aromatisse's neck. It was flung across the street and into the vines. The three looked towards the direction of the attack and saw a group of trainers. Aria smiled happy to be around familiars.

"Aria are you okay?" Aria blinked, and nodded. "I'm Shauna. I participated in the Master Class Tournament!" She clasped Aria's hands together, eyes shining. "Thank goodness you're alright!"

"Oh – that's right! Your Serena's friend!" Shauna nodded. She turned her head, noticing the Drapion had been returned to its Pokeball and the grunt had started to make its hasty retreat.

"Oh no you don't – Ivysaur use vine whip!" Ivysuar extended its vines and caught the grunt. Shauna placed her hands on her hips as she approached the grunt, looking down at him, stern eyes and all. "Now, you're going to answer our questions, and maybe, if I'm nice I'll let you go!"

Aria turned to Shauna, who looked like she was ready to beat someone up. "I'll never tell you anything – besides the plan's already in motion!"

"What plan?" Aria looked cold, and stern. She wanted answers to.

"I'm not talking, especially to two little girls!" Shauna's face turned sour at that, and she kicked the man right in the groin. "Ouch!" He cried, Ivysaur chirped. "You brat…!"

"Come on out, Delphox!" Delphox purred as it was called out of its Pokeball. "Delly, let's see if we can get the nice man to answer our questions… Hmm? Can you be a dear and help us?" Delphox's stick lit up, and the man's eyes went wide.

"Are you crazy?!"

Shauna smiled. "No. We just want answers." The two girls looked at each other, and nodded. "Are you going to give it to us or what?"

"F-Fine! The boss's plans are world destruction!" Both of them looked at each other, then looked back. The grunt groaned. "Starting with Zygrade – none of us grunts know what it is. It's top secret to guys like me. Honest! I swear I don't know!"

There was a loud roar coming from the tower, which wasn't that far away. All of them looked up, and Delphox's ears twitched. Shauna pointed a finger. "Could it be that thing up there?"

… The cackling of flames, the smell of smoke and ash. The grunt looked onward at the tower, there was a moment of silence. "Z-Zygarde." He looked on in horror. "I managed to read a few documents… But no way it's something like that…"

"Is that… A Pokémon?" Aria gaped. "What is Team Flare hoping to accomplish by destroying the world?!" She hissed, the Flare Grunt looked back at them – Shauna jerked her head, shocked at the sudden burst of anger. "Nothing – nothing good could come from this!"

"Lysandre… I mean boss… Kept saying that he wanted to go on about creating a perfect world. Apart of me wanted to help him with that, but I didn't think he wanted to destroy it!" The Grunt slammed his head back against the concrete. "Stupid! I trusted him!" The two girls looked at each other, and nodded.

"Alright Ivysaur, you can let him go."

The man, who was lying on the ground, curled up in a fetal position, didn't want to look at anyone. The Grunt was ashamed of the things he helped create. He was no longer Team Flare – no longer the man he was before he joined – then what was he?

"You know; you can help us stop this." Aria bent down. The former grunt looked up. Aria held out a hand, smiling. "You have the power to change things, if you really wish them to happen."

Smacking her hand away, the grunt raised his glasses, showing of his blue eyes now filled with tears. "How is anyone supposed to stop this?!"

"Ash will." Shauna looked up at the tower. "I know he will."

"You mean – that Ketchum boy?" Shauna nodded and smiled. "He already was crowned the Hero of Kalos before! He'll do it again!" Shauna turned, punching a fist in the air. "But that doesn't mean we can just sit by and do nothing and let Ash get all the glory. Especially when Serena showed me up in the Master Class Tournament!" The burnet huffed her cheeks, then she took a deep breath.

"We can be hero's too! We just gotta try!" She threw both hands up in the air, and then turned back towards the tower. "Now come on Slowpokes! We gotta get back towards the others! We haven't got all day!"

'Just have to try?' The grunt blinked. Then turned to Aria.

"Well, are you coming?" Aria smiled, and held out a hand.

"Call me Brian." As he was lift up from the ground, the grunt then steadied himself. "Brian Groskey." Aria nodded as she and Brian started running towards the tower, they said nothing, only flashing smiles towards one another.

++

Sawyer, Tireno, and Trevor were battling some flare grunts. It wasn't until Sawyer's Slurpuff was defeated by a Grunt's Houndoom did he realize he needed some help. "Slurpuff, return!" He bit his lip. This couldn't be happening again! He lost to Ash – he wasn't going to make a failure of himself when people needed him!

A vine rose up and tried to attack Sawyer from behind, immediately catching Sawyer off-guard and the grunts. Trevor sent out his Charizard and yelled out a Flamethrower immediately killing the shrubs. "Are you okay, Sawyer?" Both Tireno and Trevor had battled their best and lost, Tireno lost to him, and Trevor lost to Alain.

… Sawyer blinked. Now wasn't the time to think about that! He reached for his Pokeball nestled safely on his belt. "Go – Sceptile!" The grass dragon wearing a scarf with its mega stone attached to it gave a loud battle cry, and bared its claws. "Mega Evolution!"

"Right on!" Tireno smiled.

"Right – Charizard Mega Evolution let's go!" Sawyer pressed the button on his camera, and Charizard began to glow. Out came Charizard Y and Mega Sceptile. Both Dual Types, Dragons. They readied themselves for their trainers' command and the grunts, four of them, who had a Houndoom, Gengar, Weavile, and Manectric were clearly the ones with the advantage here.

"Weavile use Night Slash – "

"– Houndoom use Flamethrower!"

"- Gengar use Shadow Ball!"

"Manectric use Thunderbolt!"

"Charizard dodge it then use Flamethrower on Weavile!" Trevor could only hope for the best, three against four. If they called out more Pokemon, maybe they'd have an Edge. With Tireno's Blastoise they had a type advantage over that Houndoom.

"Sceptile use Leaf Blade on Gengar!" Charging up its blades the two Pokémon danced for a bit, until Sceptile sliced Gengar in the middle, sending it flying into a vine. Both Trevor and Sawyer looked at each other, nodding.

"Blastoise use Hydro Pump!" Without the use of dance moves, Tireno commanded his Blastoise to soak Houndoom. It was a one-hit-KO. The dog feinted, and was immediately recalled into its trainers Pokeball.

"Yeah! And we did that without our routine!" He high-fived the giant turtle, and the boys cheered.

"Delphox use Flamethrower!"
"Ivysaur use Petal Dance!"

They all turned, the Pokémon who were still standing got a beat down between two different types. The trainer's recalled their Pokémon. The boys were happy to see Shauna – and with the Kalos Queen! Tireno's eyes went googly-eyed. "Shauna!" He held out a hand to both of them one knee on the ground. "I'm so glad your safe – and if it isn't Ms. Aria the Kalos Queen! How are you this fine day?"

"Fine…?" Shauna's brow twitched. Tireno looked over at the grunt, who was glaring at the others.

"What are you doing with the enemy!?" One barked. Brian backed away, Aria placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you really believe Lysandre's wishes can achieve a beautiful world – through world destruction?!" The others backed off, Brian stepped forward, clenching his fists. "I too wanted a beautiful world. But… this is chaos! I didn't want this! Look at yourselves! Look around you! This is madness!" Flailing his arms – he was ready to fight if necessary. But he didn't want to, not anymore.

"Lysandre wanted to recreate the world! That's nonsensical! The man's gone mad!" Brian looked at his feet, shaking. "Think about what you're doing here – only we have the power as human beings to change things!"

"That was my line." Aria giggled. Brian flashed her a look. "I'm proud of you." The grunt flushed.

"So… This guy… Is going to destroy the world?!" Trevor panicked, looking back and forth between grunt members. Brian nodded. "How do we stop it?"

"I'm sure Ash and the others will find a way." Shauna smiled. "But for now, we have to help as many people as we can."

They all nodded. "So – what do you say?" Shauna stepped forward. "Do you want to help us? We could really use it."

The grunts looked around, at each other, then back to the trainers. It was a moment of silence, the air was still full of ash, fire and a hint of doom had been chilling down all of their spines. The woman of the group finally took a step forward, taking off her glasses. "Fine by me. I like this world as is. There's no need for it to be destroyed."

The others smiled, and nodded.

"Greyson." The one man with a yellow pin on his shirt and green eyes held out his hand, Brian shook his hand. His Pokémon was Gengar.

"Lilian." The woman smiled, looking back to the two others who also had taken off their glasses as a sign of their truce; her Pokémon was Weavile.

"William, but call me Will." He had brown eyes and a blue pin, his Pokémon was Houndoom.

"Dylan." The man with yellow eyes and a black pin owned the Manectric.

So that was that, they had a new alliance. Hopefully they could gain more Team Flare members… They had all turned to the Lumiose Tower, looking at the destruction that had been caused by Lysandre and the mythical Pokémon… Brian squeezed his hand into a fist, only thinking that if he had just done something sooner – alerted someone – then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Aria held his hand, and smiled. "It'll be okay."

He sighed, then moved forward. It was the least he could do. For the world they were living in right now, to protect the people and Pokemon he cared about… For their future.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Title: Repaired

Rating: K

Pairing: None.

Summary: After the attack on Lumiose, there weren't any reports of any casualties. Human, nor Pokemon. But they weren't looking for the obvious... Clemont works effortlessly to repair a fallen friend.

++

The war was over.

There were no registered casualties, no human, nor Pokémon…

Well… All except for one.

++

"Is Clemont still in his room?" Sina placed a bowl on the table, Augustine nodded sadly. "I know it was hard on him… But…" She looked at the door that lead to the Gym Leader's room. She didn't mention it, not even when he wasn't there. The death of his dear friend, his invention, and what seemed almost like a son-figure to him.

"Just leave him be." Meyer ruffled his paper, turning the pages. "He'll come out when he's ready."

Sina turned to the door one last time, only looking onwards in distain… What will become of Clemont now that his invention is no more? She sighed, and turned back to the kitchen.

++

A week passed by. The City was looking better. Zygrade had gotten rid of the forest of death, and servicemen and citizens alike had begun to help repair the damages. Ash had stayed along with Alain, along with the Elite Four and the Gym Leaders… Except for Clemont. Who was still in his room. He had only come out to get food, and he didn't make conversation.

Sina had had enough.

"Open up! Clemont!" There was no answer. No one was in the house except for them. Meyer and Augustine had gone out to assist the others in repairing Sycamore Labs and Dexio had went with Ash and the others. So it was just them.

"Sina. I'm busy." Sina bit her lip, angry at the response of the stupid geek she fiddled with the door, then forced her way in. "I told you I'm – "

"BS! You haven't come out to eat, or make eye contact with any of us! Not even a simple hello! What of it?!"

Her temper flaring, Sina seethed her words through her clenched teeth. Clemont glared through his glasses and poked the middle of them with his pointer finger. "If you must know…" He turned his laptop around… "Look!" He said, the first signs of true emotion from the boy she's seen in days.

She blinked, walking closer to the laptop.

"I managed to conjure up some of Clembot's old data. With this, even if he had a completely different body he'd still be as good as new!" He was smiling – grinning even. It was a simple enough explanation for Sina to understand. "That's why I can't rest. Sina, I'm on the verge of a breakthrough here!"

Her brow twitched, and she smacked him on the head. "Eat dammit! Eat with us! We're all worried about you!"

Clemont rubbed his head after a series of 'ows'. He then pushed his glasses to the middle of his face again. Looking at his laptop he then looked at the door, realizing there were plates stacked up high and cups as well, he sighed. "I suppose."

"Everyone's been repairing the city, and still worried about you. And Bonnie – "She bit her lip.

"Bonnie's been worried about me?" Clemont stood, feeling an aching sensation coming on his back.

"Of course! Don't tell me your IQ has dropped from being in here for so long!" She barked in his face, then tugged him by the collar, out into the light he winced, not seeing it for so long. "Now sit, I'll make you something."

"Hey Sina." The raven looked over her shoulder. "Thanks."

Clembot could wait. For now, he has other priorities… Like family.

++

After getting onto a healthier schedule, chatting with friends, family, and eating better, Clemont managed to find some time to work on Clembot again. The city had been looking better than normal and Siebold's restaurant was now repaired even after a mere two weeks. But even after Siebold invited Clemont to eat, since he was the Gym Leader of the Lumiose Tower, he humbly denied the request.

He needed to get back to more important matters.

Trainers weren't trying to get badges right now which was a relief, considering all the hell that had just happened, so he had more time to work on Clembot's data.

He managed to salvage most of his parts during the explosion, and now he was working on the physical repairs. Day and night, he worked effortlessly to repair his fallen-friend.

He had to, after everything he's done.

++

The morning before Ash had to head back to Pallet, they had held a big party. Clemont wasn't present, and Sina had gotten mad. She went into his room to see if she could drag him out – but she just saw Clemont staring at a shell of a Clembot, his hands hovering lifelessly above the keyboard that was attached to his mainframe.

"Well?" She whispered, he looked up, slightly panicked. "Are you going to turn him on?"

"Sina…" His voice broken, his tears beginning to fall. "What if it doesn't work?" He choked out. "What if… He doesn't remember me?"

Sina smiled sadly, aware that that could happen. But after all they'd been through together, Clemont should trust his own judgement by now, Clembot had helped him build his confidence, so they had to continue to fight. She went over and squeezed his shoulder. "Just try. We're here for you, no matter what happens."

Clemont nodded and wiped his eyes. Hoisting Clembot up he carried him into the dining room, there he saw everyone gathered around' though they hadn't expected to see Clembot. "Everyone! There's a surprise! I managed to get Clembot working again!"

Team Rocket was there, Giovanni, Lance, Steven, Alain, Dexio, Shauna, Tireno, Trevor, Sawyer, Ash… Ash was leaving for Pallet town. And it felt like even though their journey was over together, it wasn't actually goodbye. Bonnie's eyes lit up – fascinated – almost filled with tears. Bluney and Squishy as they like to define the two of them (Blue Zygrade Core and Red Zygrade Core) sat on the table, perked up and interested to see how things will turn out.

"You rebuilt Clembot?" Meyer asked, placing down his drink.

"There's a chance he may not remember us…" Clemont's voice trailed off. Bonnie's eyes narrowed, frowning. "But I'm willing to try. It's the only shot I have at getting him back."

"Right!" Ash punched a fist in the air. "We're here for you Clemont, so turn him on!"
Ash's voice filled him with determination. Clemont began typing away at the keys and eventually he came to the enter key, his breath hitched, and he swallowed hard. He remembered when he had to push this last. It destroyed him. But now – this will be different.

Clemont smiled, hitting the key. The robot lit up, stood up and looked around the room. Everyone was silent for a few moments. A pit formed in Clemont's stomach. He had no idea what to say – until Clembot turned towards its creator, and wrapped it's arms around him. Clemont's eyes began to water, and he cried out.

"Welcome back buddy."

"It's good to be home." He nuzzled into Clemont, everyone cheered.

Back