• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gymdawg is recruiting

Years
  • Pine said:
    Meh, I was just kidding about the promotion thing...but I did realize that I'm not on that list...

Oh, and Meerkat, why do you think that I can't do anything Rm2k when I'm in this? You think that my hack is the only thing I work on?
    I said nothing of the sort.
    What is your job in the team? awkwardsilencer, I thought you quit..?

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • I was talking about the Pokemon: Orre thread, but never mind...

Oh, and I added a post in the new club thread, can someone else make an updateable current news post similar to mine?

And, in honor of the new Dogwood Studios (I just like that better, it might go back to Ghetto Monkey Games later...who knows...), I have gotten a special club member icon for us! Check the projects section on my post in the club when it's done!

It's done!

Last edited:

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • And the plot thickens!

Double Post!
    Is that illegal here? I forget... sorry if it is, I know places it and places it isn't...

Anywhoo, I've thought of what I think is a pretty good plot idea. Here goes:
    Your father is an engineer who's ub3r-l33t robot he's been developing is stolen and you must find it upgrading your robot along the way.

very crude, I know; but is it a good start?

Again, I'm sorry if double posting is bad here, I won't do it again. I just didn't want to wait 'til someone posted to tell y'all.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Yes, it is crude, but maybe we could all try to fix it up from there until we all like it!

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Interesting, you know, I was thinking about a Zelda game (just a fun one), where an evil guy (or gal) rips apart his past as if all the things Link did (save his sister, save the oracles, even going all the way back to defeating ganon!!) didn't happen, and the only way he can fix it is to recover his past and use items scattered across time to defeat the evil guy to keep it all from happening, using the help of a golden old guy (like in the oracle games, Zelda is all golden...)

If we can make it into .gbc or .gba format, I can even upload it into a real game cartrige with some tools I found in the internet!

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i like that concept alot. But i think you have to have ganondorf at least appearing in the game because it just wouldn't be zelda without it.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Yeah. He does. I mentioned the evil guy undoing defeating Ganon, so you'd definately need to defeat him again, since back then HE had the triforce, you need to get it back...again.

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • That sounds cool, but now the question is do we want to start with a new game for someone else's character or a game with completely new characters of our own?

Gymdawg

Who let Teh Dawggy out?
    Years
  • I think Pine wants to do a Zelda game, which sounds cool, but I would kinda still like to start with something original.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i think it would be too hard to make an original group game because people just have different opinions. I'm pretty sure there isn't a completed zelda fan game and if you use custom made chipsets you could make it original and if it works out it would be a very memorable game.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • because nintendo follows the ideas and concepts of Shigeru Miyamoto and they are paid to do a job whereas a group of amateurs in a group could all have different ideas on what they want and don't want. But at least with a fangame everybody has at least a simple idea of what the game will be like.

Years
  • nah i was gonna quit cuz i had no time and stuff, but im still here. ill do anything you need, ill be assistant anything.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • ok, no production is commencing and i'm getting confused. These questions need to be answered once and for all:
    What program are we using? Sphere, RM2K(3), GameMaker?
    What type of game is it going to be? Fangame or original?
    Who is in the team and who is doing what?
    I am good with spriting and making maps and i'd like to help with that. If I could choose what to do it would be a Zelda game in Sphere using and expanding on the Storyline Pine came up with.
    But whatever you choose I think it's about time something started to happen.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Yes, let us continue with my Zelda idea...
    But first, I need to know if everybody is good with "The Legend of Zelda: Link and the Golden Geezer" for the title...I like it because it's serious and somewhat amusing.

After we agree/disagree on that, I'll tell the rest of the plot 'skeleton'...

Back