• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wall Breakers in ORAS Singles

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
  • What are some of the better wall breakers in ORAS? I need an additional pokemon that can crush wall breakers effectively, but I am not sure what all the options at my disposal really are. Things like Cressilia, Amoongus, and other common stallers, are a real headache for me and they bother me enough to want some extra support in breaking them.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Metagross @ Life Orb
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 224 Atk / 160 SpA / 124 Spe
    Naughty Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Grass Knot
    - Bullet Punch

This is a WallBreaker MixGross from Smogon, it's main function is to lure walls such as Forretress and Water Types and hit them with HP Fire and Grass Knot to break them

would that be of help :) ?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Metagross @ Life Orb
    EVs: 224 Atk / 160 SpA / 124 Spe
    Naughty Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Grass Knot
    - Bullet Punch

This is a WallBreaker MixGross from Smogon, it's main function is to lure walls such as Forretress and Water Types and hit them with HP Fire and Grass Knot to break them

would that be of help :) ?

Vanilla Metagross is overshadowed by Mega Metagross by a long shot. Obviously, it's slower than its Mega form, and less bulkier too, but Mega Metagross has the Tough Claws ability, which gives a free Life Orb boost to its contact moves, making it a better early/mid-game wall breaker than vanilla Metagross. Immunity to Trick and reduced damage from Knock Off are also nice perks:
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Bullet Punch/Grass Knot
    -Earthquake/Hammer Arm
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Metagrossite

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mega Gardevoir is a pretty good wall-breaker. Pixilated Hyper Voices tear huge chunks of health outta a lot of stuff and ignore Substitute, Light Screen, and Reflect. She also gets Psyshock to slap special walls like Chansey around.

-Mega Gardevoir w/Gardevoirite
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Trace--->Pixilate
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Moves: Hyper Voice, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Will-o-Wisp/Taunt/Calm Mind

Keldeo works fairly well too thanks to Secret Sword:

-Keldeo w/Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Hydro Pump/Scald, Secret Sword, Calm Mind, HP Flying/HP Ghost/Icy Wind

You can also do a Specs set on it but without Calm Mind.

Black Kyurem is another wall-breaker with it's good mixed offensive stats:
    Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
    Lonely Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Iron Head/Earth Power

There's probably others too, but I don't remember them all.

Also, I wouldn't really call Mega Metagross a wall-breaker. Base 145 Attack is certainly nice but it ain't cracking apart walls left and right either, especially since it lacks a (reliable) way to boost that Attack. Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, and Earthquake are practically mandatory on it, leaving you with only 1 slot to play around with, but regardless of what goes in there shit will still wall it. You lack Ice Punch and Lando-T and Gliscor wall it. No Thunder Punch or Grass Knot and Mega Slowbro's or most bulky Waters wall it (or at least give it a hard time). Not to mention it hates getting burned or paralyzed.

srinator

Mega charizard
    Mega Gallade
    Diggersby
    Breloom, Bisharp, Mamo, mega garchomp,mega loppuny, even staraptor all are cool wall breakers

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Breloom isnt a good wall breaker it auto loses to any grass type bar Ferro tbh and its just not potent enough to get through other common walls. Same with Staraptor.

Mega Medicham used to be good but Mega Sableye shits on it, same with Mega Gallade who imo is very overated. Id sooner use mega Heracross who is and has always been one of the best wall breakers in every gen.

Bisharp, Mega Gardy, Lando-I and Crawdaunt are good all good breakers too. Zard-Y is still amazing with support as are certain Zard-X sets like SD+Twind.

Gothitelle too but tbh if you use that you are admitting to having 0 skill and wont learn how to break walls or be better at pokemon or life (see: taking the lazy option) without using a low key broken pokemon and are a scrub. Plus if they dont use trap bait, you look dumb.

Also protip. Taunt+Wisp/Status "wallbreaker" sets (i use the term lightly) people use shouldnt really be relied on solely to walbreak, because they basically dont. You are using something that wastes a slot and sucks when the opponent has Heatran, MSable or Gliscor etc. Neutral coverage (easy to spam stab moves), ability to hit very hard, ease of setting up and switching in, how hard/easy it is to wall and how common its counters are, utility it brings to a team and ease of supporting make something worth its slot in wallbreaking imo. Basically dont head into a match using only something like a Wisp and Taunt Mew and be all like "HURRR DURRRRR IM SAFE FROM WALLZ MIXAPE AINT GOT SHEET ON MAH WALLBREAKING" lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What about Mega Diancie? You can sorta go mixed with it and Magic Bounce basically renders useless a lot of the moves walls use.

Back