• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone have any dumb trade stories?

Years
  • Just trade blunders; have you traded away HA Pokemon, or rare Pokemon, without knowing of their potential?

I feel genuinely embarrassed by my own story. I didn't know that, near the midway of the game (when you recieved the ability to Mega-Evolve Pokemon), you recieved a Lucario (in hindsight, it was hinted at pretty strongly, so maybe I knew, but just didn't really pay attention to it--). Here's my blunder;

I went onto the GTS, and deposited a female Combee I had stumbled across early-game, and just caught it for the sake of filling in my Dex as I went. Anyway, I asked for a Riolu, thinking I could train it up to be a Lucario, or something along those lines.
    I got a level-one hatched Riolu, with barely average IVs, as it turned out. Level one, that someone had obviously hatched. I knew of the gender-ratio between Combee, but I didn't think it was so extreme- I thought it was something like 60:40 for male and female respectively. At the time, I was pretty cheered up with owning the Riolu, but now that I've realised my mistake, I honestly feel just a little cheated. I think the worst part was that I couldn't even blame someone- I was the one who put it up, with the 'Any Level/Gender' filter unselected, completely ignorant of how large the gender ratio was.

Anyone else had something like this happen? Maybe it wasn't your fault--maybe it was the fault of the other trainer? Go ahead and comment. It would probably cheer me up enough to search for another female Combee, heh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Early on when I first started the game I happened to run into a shiny Scatterbug so having read that you only get one of the three legendary birds, I put it on the GTS for a Zapdos, and ofcourse I got it right away, but it was a terrible nature, so I put that one the GTS for a Xerneas (as I had Y at the time) and got that fairly quickly, but it too had a bad nature, so I kept simply posting one on the GTS for the other over and over again hoping to get one or the other with the correct nature. Anyway, at the same time I was also wonder trading a lot of my catches and getting some fantastic pokemon so when I got tired of one kind of trade I did the other.

Anyway, after a few days of this I had gotten into a habit so I kept wonder trading and watching TV to alleviate the monotony and took a break in selection screen to go make a snack. After a bit I came back, selected my Xerneas to trade for a Zapdos, there was a bit of a delay before the pokemon selection screen and then the dreaded yellow screen popped up! I panicked and immediately shut off my wifi (still had the old 3ds with the wifi switch) and I got the error message. Relieved I shut off my internet in time I went back into the PC and to my horror a stinking Emolga was where my Xerneas should be! IT was the fastest wonder trade I had ever experience and I lost a legendary because of it. I was so frustrated!

Years
  • The worst trade blunder I've ever had is when I accidentally traded my first shiny pokemon (caught it as a wurmple in Ruby -- evolved into Beautifly) instead of my normal Beautifly. The pokemon I was trading for? A Plusle.

It isn't like I sacrificed good IV's (the ones on the shiny Beautifly were just average) but it was more the nostalgia that I lost with trading it away. Just horrible!

Years
  • I always liked Pokemon, but was never able to play until my sister got me a 2DS and Pokemon X for Christmas. I remember being so annoyed walking through the grass because I ran into something 500% of the time. I realized I had to run back somewhere and I ran into a shiny Sawk. I didn't know it was extremely rare.. Anyway, I stupidly put it in the GTS asking for another shiny. No big deal. Until you remember the world is crap and they DONT CARE. But by the time I got back to it, someone already walked away with a free shiny...

Because of that, I honor what people ask for. If they ask for something particular, whether it be IVs or shininess, I don't trade unless I've got it. (Also, if anyone has that Sawk from me, be good to him. He was awesome.)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Two different people caught a LOUDRED and a DODUO in a MASTER BALL.

And Wonder Traded it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Alright, so awhile ago I was promised a shiny Genesect (other person had proof), and in return I had to trade them 3 of my shiny Pokemon. Me being gullible enough, I ended up trading ALL of my shiny Pokemon and the turd didn't even give me something good. Just a bunch of Wurmples and Zigzagoons.

Lesson: Don't trust people that easily

buckembarnes

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    I once accidentally wondertraded away a Dream Ball HA female Eevee, I was so mad at myself! I hope the person on the other end appreciated it, though.

Years
  • I once accidentally wondertraded away a Dream Ball HA female Eevee, I was so mad at myself! I hope the person on the other end appreciated it, though.
    Daw. Shucks. That sure sucks. Recently, I've just been chucking unverified shiny starters through wonder trade. I remember shiny hunting before by egg hatching, but the amount of shiny Charmanders I have is ridiculous. It's upwards to 10-15. Found them in an old cartridge of mine I hadn't played in like, forever, so I doubt they'll be missed. They do go through though, so that's the weird part. Wouldn't hacked Pokémon get stopped? I had to trade them up from Pearl - Black - Bank - Y. Ah well, someone will be happy to add the shiny Pokémon form to their PokéDex at least. . . I don't want them and Wonder trade gives me more lotto numbers. I never get anything good off of wonder trade as well, so It's kind of a 50-50 thing.

My mistake? I once traded my nigh perfect Kadabra to somebody and they didn't give Alakazam back to me so I had to start all over again. Even when I offered him something else. Man.

Back