• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex Popularity Tiers *COMMUNITY PROJECT*

emilie777

Her Persona
Years
  • Have you ever traded Pokemon with someone and wonder if the Pokemon you're trading is up to par with the Pokemon they're offering? Or maybe you've been wonder trading Pokemon and all you've been getting for the past hour has been mostly Oddish, Wurmple and Caterpies. Or what about the GTS? It seems like nearly every regular Pokemon offered on the GTS is looking for a legendary Pokemon in return... really? We've all been there. What if there was a way to really put value to the Pokemon you're sending out into the world? What if there was a way to know which Pokemon were up to par so you could trade your Pokemon in confidence that your trading partner will like what you're offering in return? What if we could help curve Wonder Trading to make it a more exciting experience? And what if we could actually start trading for Pokemon in the GTS without scrolling through pages on pages of users asking for Mewtwo in return for their Eevee? Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you the Pokedex Popularity Tier Community Project!

This project is designed to act as a guideline to help users get a base value on Pokemon when trading. Of course, many things factor into the overall value of a Pokemon including whether or not it's shiny, IV values, Pokerus, Events Pokemon, egg moves, abilities, etc. All of those things are important, but today we're going to specifically look at just each individual species and their popularity before we think of the more complicated stuff.

The first thing that's important to acknowledge is that Legendaries are on an entirely different level than regular Pokemon. They are rare, and unless you trade for them it's unlikely you're going to get more than one of the same one per game. Even if you're trading a shiny regular for a legendary, legendary Pokemon can also be shiny and are still on a whole other level of their own. For this reason, I've divided the tier lists into 2 sections. One tier list specifically for legendary Pokemon, and the other tier list specifically for regular Pokemon.

I've compiled a starting list for each tier (Tier 1 being most popular/liked, and Tier 5 being least popular/liked. I could really use your help though in molding this tier list to be as accurate as it can be. Which Pokemon do you think belong on which tier?

Legendary Pokemon

Tier 1 [LEGENDARIES]
    Spoiler:

Tier 2 [LEGENDARIES]
    Spoiler:

Tier 3 [LEGENDARIES]
    Spoiler:

Tier 4 [LEGENDARIES]
    Spoiler:

Tier 5 [LEGENDARIES]
    Spoiler:

Regular Pokemon

Tier 1
    Spoiler:

Tier 2
    Spoiler:

Tier 3
    Spoiler:

Tier 4
    Spoiler:

Tier 5
    Spoiler:

If you see any errors here, please let me know. :)
    THIS THREAD IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. More Pokemon to be added soon.

Credits:
    This idea has been inspired by Hound00med on BellTreeForums to help improve trading experiences.

Starting Popularity list references pulled from:
    IGN
    TheTopTens
    (lists will be changed over time as the PokeCommunity puts in their input)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Damn this seems like a lot of work, but an interesting idea nontheless. I think it's unlikely that this would actually be implemented into Pokemon games though but I think it could work.

emilie777

Her Persona
    Years
  • Yeah :P I doubt it would be officially implemented in the games haha but at least if everyone had an idea of the general value of their Pokemon it would make trading a little bit easier. ^_^ I think anyways! We'll see how it goes!♥

emilie777

Her Persona
    Years
  • Mostly pulled from votes from other websites to start with :) (I listed them in the credits at the bottom). For the ones that weren't listed in those websites, I pulled the bottom tier from the majority of Wonder Trade Pokemon (mainly the ones that are obtainable at the beginning of the game). Keep in mind though everything that is listed is not permanent. This is a community project so the tiers will be changing as people reply to this post with their favorite Pokemon and least favorite Pokemon :) the more people name a certain Pokemon as their favorite or least favorite determines if they will rise or fall on the tiers.

Which Pokemon are your favorite and least favorite? :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Which Pokemon are your favorite and least favorite? :)

My top 5 favorites are Braviary, Alakazam, Beartic, Manectric, and Blastoise! I don't really have least favorites because there isn't a single Pokemon I don't like.

When it comes to trading, my favorites to receive are things you don't commonly see: uncommonly traded Pokemon, special Hidden Powers, or interesting egg move sets. The last Pokemon I received in a trade was a shiny Timid zubat with HP Ground. 8) It was so random I HAD to have it!

Back