• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn OW Trainers

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • The OW Trainers Image are in the Spoiler
    credit :
    http://wesleyfg.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-People-OW-in-BW-style-274475232
    screenshot_115.png

Yes your going to have to crop each image that you want

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • credits? and why post it like that instead of linking to the artist's page?

because i don't even remember were i found them at ..... they been on my PC for a while now
    If you or someone or my self find the person's page i will link it for the credits

LeahB

Le-ha88
    Years
  • In case anyone missed it in WesleyFG's deviantart post, you actually have to contact him via PM and ask for permission to use these sprites.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I would highly suggest you remove the content and only supply a link to his DA page, or at the very least have only very few, like 2-4 samples blurred/in jpeg format.

He isn't supplying them as public use, they are only to be used if he wants you to use them, distributing them like this allows any noob that comes across this thread to take them and use them however they want, which is exactly what the creator does not want. It's no different than stealing.

Years
  • I would highly suggest you remove the content and only supply a link to his DA page, or at the very least have only very few, like 2-4 samples blurred/in jpeg format.

He isn't supplying them as public use, they are only to be used if he wants you to use them, distributing them like this allows any noob that comes across this thread to take them and use them however they want, which is exactly what the creator does not want. It's no different than stealing.

if you read through the comments someone asks if they are public and the guy says yes. here is an image of 2 comments.
    Spoiler:

Reactions: FL

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Still, Zeak shouldn't be posting things that he doesn't have a clue who did it. Yes, they may be free, but the publicity should go to his page. Carelessly posting other people's work is frowned upon in the art community.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Still, Zeak shouldn't be posting things that he doesn't have a clue who did it. Yes, they may be free, but the publicity should go to his page. Carelessly posting other people's work is frowned upon in the art community.

Does this looks like the Art-Community ?? Sorry but when I see Public , I let the public know !
    And sorry i forgot were they came from , but I did link the guy's DA page in the 1st post !

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Does this looks like the Art-Community ?? Sorry but when I see Public , I let the public know !
    And sorry i forgot were they came from , but I did link the guy's DA page in the 1st post !

Dude, if you're making a game with custom artwork that other people made, you are in the art community because you are a user of it. And if you're making a videogame on your own, we just expect you to know the rules beforehand, but it's all good, I'm glad to see the credits, and I'm sure Wesley will be okay with it.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I think it is useless, because when posting resources i think it should be compiled for rmxp not a graphic sheet. Thats my word.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Unfortunately, I don't think you're allowed to just post this as a "resource". As the artist requires people to PM him, and show progress in projects so eh can deem if the styles fit.

So, in all honesty, you shouldn't of posted this, especially if you didn't know who did it.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I don't think you're allowed to just post this as a "resource". As the artist requires people to PM him, and show progress in projects so eh can deem if the styles fit.

So, in all honesty, you shouldn't of posted this, especially if you didn't know who did it.
    read the 1st post , credits are given & they are public .

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    read the 1st post , credits are given & they are public .

WesleyFG said:
    If you want to use send me a PM, so I can assess whether your project deserves, I'll do it because it really gave me a lot of work to make them and will use.

This is direct from the post you linked.
    You need to state this in your post, so people know to ask WesleyFG.

Years
  • This is direct from the post you linked.
    You need to state this in your post, so people know to ask WesleyFG.

and if you looked through the comments on his DA you would know its public and that you dont have to pm him, i even posted pictures of him saying its public.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    and if you looked through the comments on his DA you would know its public and that you dont have to pm him, i even posted pictures of him saying its public.

That still counts as contacting him though.
    Despite not showing any project, people are still contacting him.

It's just common courtesy, If I made a public resource, I'd like people to tell me if they're using them.

Back