• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
"Well Selene you have just made a rivalary with the wrong person as I'll give you a run for your money," Vince said with a friendly smile. As the gauze touched the cut it didn't hurt that much surprislingy the last he had to use something like that was when he was young and a Haxorus that he Mother was taking care of went haywire and use dragon claw on his back. He still was the scar today and it doesn't look pretty.

"And if you are wondering what happened one hell of a bide attack. I was training with Blitz, my Charmeleon, in a forest not very far against three Seedots. My Joltik Wattage took out one with an awesome Cross Poison attack and Blitz took out another with his flamethrower but one Seedot endured the attack using bide. I could see that this bide would probably be extremely powerful mainly because it absorbed Blitz's flamethrower so I jumped in the way. After I got knocked into a tree pretty hard Blitz finished the Seedot off with a dragon pulse attack," Xack said explaining his situation.

"I'd love to come and join you guys," Luna said smiling he was kind of glad to be invited back at home he really didn't have much friends, fan girls maybe but not friends.

"Oh hey Bri and yeah I found a claw fossil I think Byron said he would change it into a ancient pokemon but it would take some time." He said happy to see and Bri and happier that he was happy that he would join them. He did jump though when he heard Valorie yell at her Charmeleon.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Wah!" Thyme yelled. Bri looked over and spotted a fireball flying through the air. He turned and cradled the terrified grass type, taking the fireball on his back.
"Ouch! That hurt! Why'd she do that Thyme?" Bri asked.
"What!? It's not my fault she's so touchy! God, I try to help her, and she throws a fireball at me! Sheesh!" Thyme said. She was shaking, and her voice held anger and fear.
"Thyme, you need to watch what you say. It will get you into real big trouble if you don't," Bri said kindly.
"Whatever," Thyme said. Bri shook his head. He turned to Valerie.
"I'm sorry. Thyme is very good at provoking other pokemon," he said.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Well Vincent," smirked Selene as he responded to her, folding her arms and looking at him with a raised eyebrow, "I'm a big strong girl now. I'm sure I can take whatever you throw at me and then return it twice as hard and twice as fast. So I think I'll take my chances." she grinned and turned away, walking off to the rest of the group ready to leave for those smoothies FINALLY, expecting Vince to follow seeing as Bri had invited him too.

"Gosh...remind me not to take on more than one Seedot at once," she shuddered, thinking that must've been one powerful attack to cause so much damage. She wasn't sure if she was impressed or confused by Vince's selfless move to take the attack for his Charmeleon...sure, on one hand he didn't want to see his pokemon hurt and instinct is to jump in there yourself...but while the Charmeleon could've rested in his pokeball until he got taken to the Pokemon Centre and instantly healed, that cut on Vince's arm would take a while to heal up...so all in all she thought he probably acted a bit rashly and made a mental note of that for when she faced him in battle.

She turned to the rest of the group and took a hold of her bag strap, smiling at Valorie. "Good news about the food...I'm still famished...shall we get going? How far is this place exactly?" not that she was so hungry and distracted by her rumbling stomach that she was anxious to get there as quickly as possible...nah. Not at all.

HunterZero

Years
"Alright Sel that's what I like to hear! Some fire in my rival's spirit," Vince said as he started to walk behind the group. "I really don't know why I jumped in front of the bide I guess my body moved for itself," And at that Vince's stomach growled he had just ate but he was hungry.

"Looks like I'm hungry too," Xack said laughingly. His pokemon followed right behind him. Terra followed closely next to Sel it seemed the Drilbur had a crush on her. Could Terra be following after the emotions of someone else? Who knows.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie became aware that Vincent had volunteered himself to come with them. She raised an eyebrow as if to ask if he was serious. She was momentarily hesitant. She didn't really want to buy everyone in the school dinner, but... it wasn't like she wasn't wealthy. She decided one more wouldn't hurt.

"Alright, Vincent, I guess you can come too."

With Trapinch and Charmeleon at her sides, she began walking again. Dratini was still wrapped around Mark. She almost seemed a bit tired, but perhaps it was boredom related.

Trapinch, being slow as molasses, was getting a good workout just by trying to keep up as she trod along. Valorie wasn't too concerned. Trapinch hadn't been getting a good enough workout anyway.

"Well... it shouldn't take us unbearably long even if we walk."

SelenaStar

Years
"Well, I've got plenty of that!" said Sel chirpily as they walked along, the promise of food making her day that bit brighter - she loved food. It was lucky that she was always up and about, running here and there, constantly active or else she'd be the size of a house. Especially given her dangerously-dominant sweet tooth...even thinking about the bucket of jelly beans she had in her room was making her stomach rumble. "You should have more control over your body," she said to Vince as he explained why he had jumped in front of the Bide, "think Vince, think. Or else you'll never beat someone like me." She couldn't help throwing the dig out there with a smirk. She noticed Ryan leaning over her shoulder, peering down at her feet and following her gaze she noticed Vince's Drillbur trotting alongside her. "Oh hey!! this is my pokemon, Ryan!" she said happily, stroking Ryan's tail.

When Valorie confirmed that the food place wasn't an 'unbearably long' walk, Sel paused in her cheerful mood. Unbearably long...she jogged up to Valorie and linked her arm through hers, grinning widely at her friend. "When you say unbearably...I sense that you're the kind of person who would take a 3 hour hike through mountains and marshland as good healthy outdoorsy exercise Valorie! Not that that's a bad thing obviously," she clarified quickly. "I love a bit of a hike myself in appropriate footwear. But...you know...running on fumes and all...speaking of which," she changed tack as a thought popped into her head, "Where do you want to train later? I was thinking the beach...sand offers extra resistance and all...and I was thinking maybe we should start jogging in the mornings too. I used to at home and I found it helped my own stamina during battles...jogging on the beach is really good exercise!" she wittered happily - she tended to talk very much and very quickly about nothing particularly important when she was in a good mood.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype listened to Thyme talking to charmander. It was kind of the same thing he had said to her, except a bit more rude sounding... She then reacted toward Thyme and shot a small fireball at her. Snype tried to hold grab her arm and shoulder, to hold her back but was too late. She already fired the attack and hit Thyme. ["Charmeleon! Comon cool it!"] Snype begged. Eventually she cooled off a bit and stopped. Thankfully she didn't take it to a whole different level. Snype let go and let it all pass. He walked along with the group and put his hand on Charmeleon's shoulder.

["...You alright?] Snype asked concerned.

Mark got up and followed the group. He was concerned about Valorie's Charmeleon but Snype seemed to be doing his best to keep her emotions in check.

"Well lead the way Val!" Mark said cheerfully.

Nideous

Years
Bri followed the group, but found himself unable to keep up. He wasn't used to walking, and he was so much shorter than everyone else. He huffed and puffed and tried to keep up, but he just couldn't.
"How inconsiderate," Thyme muttered. Bri looked at her.
"They... Just... Want... Smoothies!" Bri said between gasps. He considered just going elsewhere. That would be rude. They had invited him, and he accepted. So he would have to suffer with it.

HunterZero

Years
"Oh I think I'll give you a run for your money," Vince said as he noticed that Bri was falling behind the group. Terra waved to the Riolu on Selene's shoulder as Wattage walked up along side him. Instead of continuing his conversation with Sel he walked back to Bri.

"Hey pal you doing alright? If you need to just jump on my back and I'll carry you the rest of the way," Xack said concerned for his friend.

Dawn

Years
Selene would easily be able to catch up, seeing as Valorie was walking at a pretty slow pace. Valorie blushed ever so slightly when Selene linked arms with her. Normally, this sort of thing would bug her, but this was Selene. It felt different.

"Well... I mean. It shouldn't take even one hour, honest! Fourty five minutes, at the /most/."

She paused to consider the offer to jog in the mornings. Truth be told, she was not an overly athletic person.

"That sounds neat, actually. Maybe our pokemon can jog with us?"

Charmeleon turned her head to look at Snype. She was breathing somewhat heavily.

"Yeah... just, this wasn't my idea of a good training session. I mean maybe for /Trapinch/ this is hard, but your average /Slowpoke/ can outrun /her/!"

Ironically, Trapinch said nothing to this, though it was almost certain she was within earshot.

Valorie glanced back at Mark, flashing a smile at him as she walked. She was leading. Totally leading. She then caught sight of Brian and just sort of arched an eyebrow, making an expression that was a cross between concern and being disturbed. Was... was Brian having trouble keeping up? See, the disturbing thing was Charmeleon was actually correct. Your average Slowpoke could in fact outrun Trapinch. She was that freaking slow, and Valorie was going just as slow so that she could keep up.

"Um... Brian? Are you okay?"

She was however pleased to see that Vincent was offering to help. She didn't think she could carry someone for anything other than short distances, though she wouldn't mind trying if it weren't for the fact that her eventual collapse would probably humiliate her in front of others.

Nideous

Years
"I'm fine! I'm just really tired after everything that has happened today!" Bri said. He sped his steps up trying to keep up. He wasn't cut out for this kind of thing. Thyme snorted at the offer to carry him.
"Hah! As if!" she said to Luna.
"Um... he can't understand you," Bri reminded her. He was keeping up with the others now, but he was going to get that smootie as fast as he could. He could almost taste the Strawberry Kiwi!

SelenaStar

Years
"F-Forty...Forty five minutes?" spluttered Sel, so shocked that she stopped walking, her arm falling limply from Valorie's. Happy mood bubble......popped. "An hour...as in...SIXTY minutes?" her head fell down and her shoulders hunched. Those figured swimming round in her head. Forty five...sixty...that was a long time...the walking didn't bother her so much, she was just sooo hungry...she was stood stationary for such a time that even Trapinch and Bri overtook her.

Ryan prodded her hard in her head and Sel jumped, startled out of her daze and rubbing her temple with a grimace. "Owch...Ryan..." she glared out of the corners her eyes at the Pikachu on her shoulder. She noticed she was lagging behind and jogged up to the rest of the group, walking alongside Valorie again. She heard Vince and Valorie ask Bri if he was okay - Sel hadn't realised that the pace had picked up again after she'd slowed up to talk to Bri the first time. He seemed to be okay though, choosing to soldier on on his own feet. Sel gave him a thumbs up, "Good going Bri!!"

"So...forty five minutes hey!" she laughed brightly, looking to Valorie at her side, but her grin was obviously forced.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Years
"Alright if you insist Bri but if you change your mind just let me know," Xack said as he caught up to Terra and Wattage who were a little bit in front of them. Dyno and Blitz followed behind Vince like security guards though Dyno just wanted to see Vincent do something stupid. The Deino then jumped onto Luna's shoulder and started to roar a bit.

"Quite down you," Vince said as he rubbed Dyno's head. The Deino growled and then bit Vincent's index finger. The two struggled a bit but Dyno let go. Xack then walked to Mark he wanted to talk to him. Vince felt he should have talked to him more after the battle.

"Hey Mark I just wanted to say great battle earlier Commodore's a great pokemon if you ever want to have another rematch just let me know," He said to Mark as he started walking next to him.

"I actually wanted to know something Mark what have your impressions of the school been like?" Vincent asked. Terra and Wattage followed behind Val and Sel happily. Terra had a big smile on his face

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark caught up with the group ahead of him. Forty five minutes? Sheesh... He wasn't even sure if he could last such a long trip... but they were just walking. By the time they got there they would be able to drink two smoothies! At least... Mark would be able too. He smiled back at Valorie and looked over to Xack.

"Yeah! It was a pretty good battle... even though it ended up as a Draw... but hey, outcomes like that tend to be pretty exciting!" Mark said. "The school has been pretty good for me so far! Haven't found a class I hated yet that's for sure... that'll likely change somewhere along the lines... Heh. The school is full of suprises I gotta say!"

Snype looked at Charmeleon and smirked as he walked alongside her. Issac began to Jog ahead of the group staying close enough so he didn't get too far ahead. ["Well if its a training session ya want then lets see if you can keep up with me!"] Snype said, challenging her.

Dawn

Years
Valories smile vanished. Somehow, it really bothered her that the time she had given upset Selene. She glanced back at Brian, who probably couldn't go any faster if he tried. She looked back at Selene and bit her lower lip. She really wanted to make her friend happy.

"Well... if you want... it'd go a lot faster if we moved faster."

She glanced at Trapinch momentarily.

"If someone carried Brian, I guess I could return Trapinch... I could give you a piggyback ride, and we could halve the time..."

What was she saying? A piggyback ride? Clearly she had left her brain somewhere along the way, as lifting other people was not something she was even sure she could do. Meanwhile, she glanced at Vincent who had offered to carry Brian.

"Hey Brian, maybe you should let Vincent carry you so that we can make better time."

She suggested lightly. Maybe it was because Vincent was a boy, but she didn't question him when he implied he could.

Meanwhile Charmeleon gave Snype this mischievous look.

Charmeleon: "It's on."

SelenaStar

Years
Startled by Valorie's response to her moaning, Sel laughed and waved her hands in front of her. "Val...you're so sweet! Thank you, but it's mainly just me moaning and being a whinge...I'm not THAT starving yet, I won't pass out! But I'll move faster. You're right - instead of moaning I should just go faster..." she paused throughtfully.

Jogging...that'd get her there faster but she didn't really have the energy...walking fast. That'd have to do. She couldn't believe that Valorie had offered to give her a piggyback! She laughed and linked her arm back through Val's, messing her bangs up playfully, "if you gave me a piggyback I'd wear your legs down to stumps hun!" she joked, patting her stomach as though to illustrate. "I'm bigger than Ryan or Dratini!!"

She watched as Snype and Charmeleon got all competitive over it..."maybe we should take a leaf from their books," she suggested, gesturing to the two pokemon, "last one there buys the first round! That is assuming Bri gets a lift obviously..."

Nideous

Years
Bri blanched at the thought. He wasn't a little kid anymore! He was determined to do this on his own!
"I said I'd keep up and I will!" Bri said. He pushed his way to the front of the group. Thyme sighed. He was acting like a child. She wanted those smoothies! The sooner the better!
"Oh for crying out loud! Stop being so stubborn!" Thyme said. Bri looked at her, and she regretted speaking. He didn't want to appear weak in front of his friends. She didn't have the heart to tell him that ship had sailed. They all could see his strengths and weaknesses, and they didn't seem to mind.

SelenaStar

Years
Eyebrows raised, Sel watched in surprise as Bri stubbornly pushed on to the front of the group. She hadn't seen this side of him before!! Not that she didn't understand...he probably just felt a bit embarrassed that he couldn't really keep up with the rest of them too well...but even so, they were only trying to help. They weren't patronising him or mocking him or anything...

"Hey Bri, chill out hun yeah?" she said, catching up to him and putting a hand on his shoulder. "It's cool - we were just suggesting the easiest way to do this. No-one thinks you're incapable." she explained, hoping to soothe his ego, that she assumed had taken a bit of a blow by his response.

HunterZero

Years
"A race uh?" Vincent said to Blitz and Dyno. The three of them smirked as they remembered the last time the were in a race it ended in them getting chased down by a large herd of Tauros. They won the race of course but they got out of it with a bunch of cuts and bruises. Vince was an athlete at heart and if anything he was good at running. He shrugged though when it seemed Bri didn't want help. He called Wattage and Terra back to him and placed the Drilbur on his other shoulder and Wattage on his head. He let the group get in front of him a bit before he was ready to bolt of.

"Blitz think you can keep up? This will be great speed training," Xack said to his Charmeleon who shook his head assuring his trainer he would keep up. "Alright Blitz three......two.....one...take off!" Now Vincent was running not as fast as he could but fast enough. He was surprised Blitz was keeping up.

"Hey Selene if you want you can jump on my back you won't slow me down or anything look at me now I got three pokemon on me and I'm not feeling slown down at all," He said as he jogged by Sel. He was being serious but there was hint of him teasing her.

Dawn

Years
Valorie smiled lightly as Selene linked arms with her again. Suddenly, her bangs were being messed with!

"H-Hey!"

She pouted a bit, adjusting her beanie with her free hand to try and regain control of her hair. She looked back up at Selene, restraining any hint of her competitive nature. She just had a very kind look on her face.

"I could totally manage! Trust me on that one. ...Besides, I was thinking that maybe once you were fed you could return the favor? After all, I'm totally insisting on paying for this either way~"

Valorie honestly had no idea what she was talking about, but in her mind it couldn't be that hard carrying someone else, right? Almost instantly after finishing saying that she was paying, she leaned in a bit and whispered to Selene.

"You're not that big..! Who told you that?"

This was ironic because Selene was taller than her. But of course Valorie was talking about weight, not height. Then of course Vincent ran up beside them and offered the same thing Valorie had. She gave him a blank look, ceasing to lean towards Selene.

Back