• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicune=Best Basic agains EX Pokemon. Discuss...

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Apr 16, 2014
I submit that Suicune with 100HP, a 3 energy attack of 70 and "Safeguard" (preventing effects of all attacks, including damage, done by EX), is the best basic Pokemon to have in your deck against all these super powerful EX and Mega EX pokemon.

What do you think?

i should clarify, the Suicune I am referring to is 20/101

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Its pretty good but any pokemon that can hit 100 damage with some sort of attack like shred of G Booster will "shred" right through Safeguard.

This card is an outright counter to safeguard pokemon.

85.jpg

Years
I think Sigilyph is better as an EX counter right now, at least as long as Mewtwo EX is legal.

Best basic against any EX is probably Mewtwo EX or Yveltal EX, though (this new wave of EX cards are all Basic Pokemon, so they count in any discussion of best Basic counter to EXs). X Ball and Evil Ball ruin everyone's day except yours.

Back