• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Over 27 episode long League Conference Or Another Decolora Journey ???

Over 27 episode long League ark Or another Decolora Journey

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well its simple ,
    Would you like a 25 episode long League ark Or Another Decolora Journey ???
    I calculate that a proper non-rushed League ark will take more 25 episode .
    Suppose Ash reach the final , Here the calculation--

- Atleast 5 full battle ! One full battle takes atleast 2 episode Therefore 5 full battle will take 10 episode.

-Good Full battle take 3 episode ! Therefore 15 episode .

-Then there's the Preliminary round with Double battle , Triple Battle and ''3 on 3 Battle'' ! Which mean 19 episode .

-Then the opening ceremony & Introducing the Rival ! So 21 episode .

-Training during the League . So 23 episode

-Showcasing battle of other rival ! Atleast 27 episode.

So , Would you prefer a proper League ark Or another plotless Decolora Journey .

FYI : There are a lot of popular anime that revolve around one tournament that take 52 episode but people accept it !
    League ark is something Fans wait for 3/4 year So it should handle properly unlike Unova League.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • A 27 episodes long league arc seems a little overkill imo. Quality battles take up three whole episodes and nine battles seems like a fair amount, but 27 episodes of pure battling is just too much. The only reason why it was bearable to watch Ash v. Paul was because of all of the development between those two during all of DP. The writers could maybe make it work by throwing in character interaction episodes between battles but we'd still have a recursive arc of battling, chatting, repeat.

I voted for another Decolore arc because Decolore was fun and gave us a glimpse of what it's like to travel the Pokémon world without just for fun, rather than training and battling with a set goal. The episodes also would not have to follow a specific pattern and there is the chance that Ash or someone else will catch a new Pokémon. I'd prefer to ditch the island hopping routine since we've already had two seasons of island hopping.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    NO. DECOLORE. ISLANDS. EVER. AGAIN.

Stupid pointless time-wasting filler!

How about a league where Ash uses Mega Charizard Y to finally win, and goes on to the next region. That way, I'll have something to record on a blank tape, along with Ash's Orange Islands League victory.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    27 episodes of the League was too much. An episode a week means half-a-year filled with league matches. Around 15 should be enough.
    I went for Decolore Islands. It can be boring, but that's because Ash never had a goal. I don't think anyone hated the Orange Islands.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • NO. DECOLORE. ISLANDS. EVER. AGAIN.

Stupid pointless time-wasting filler!

How about a league where Ash uses Mega Charizard Y to finally win, and goes on to the next region. That way, I'll have something to record on a blank tape, along with Ash's Orange Islands League victory.

I wouldn't say time-wasting, stupid, and pointless. Oak caught a Rotom, we were introduced to Alexa and her Pokémon, and there was actually a good bit of character development compared to the rest of BW ("The Path That Leads to Goodbye" is a good example).

But how could that be spread throughout 25+ episodes? I doubt Ash would be the only Trainer using Megas, and I'm sure he will be one of the least experienced with Megas. It would be cool if he used Charizard and mega-evolved it but I don't think that justifies a win. Also, if Ash does win, would he still be as powerful in the next generation? Look at what happened after the Orange Islands :\

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    How about no.
    Said writers.

How about "the hell with no" and "about damn time".

BTW:

1. Oak can catch a Rotom on is own time.
    2. "The Path That Leads to Goodbye" didn't teach Iris not to call Ash a little kid (and no, he doesn't deserve to be belittled like that. And if Ash is such a failure in Best Wishes, it's because the writers made him this way).
    3. Alexa's should've appeared earlier in actual Unova. Either way, her Kalos introduction hook was the most merciful thing that could be done to number the days of Decolore *Fruity* Islands. When Ash lost to Cameron that week, none of us could predict the future for Ash, much less the 5th generation. Jan 8th '13 was the first to greet us with Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, and Yveltal. However, there was no telling when that filler arc would end. Ash had no gym leaders or tournaments to challenge. Just a contest of how many fillers they can put out before Oct 12th '13 (with the most divisive main cast of all time).

I also don't know it's okay to defend this filler of all PokeFillers, yet people can bash any Naruto filler, no mater how developed it its in both characters and plot (something that Pokemon fails to do).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here is the reason why 27 episode long League will not be boring --

- 1 Full battle take 2 episode ! If we want Ash to atleast reach the Final then there has to be 5 full battle which mean 10 episode . but Quality battle take 3 episode therefore 15 episode seem like ideal number.

-But just Ash fighting 5 full battle nonstop , now that boring ! So The League need to have preliminary round with Double Battle , Triple battle and Half Battle which mean atleast 18 episode.

-But just battling for 18 episode , That Boring too ! The anime need to focus on Ash talking to other rival , watching their battle , creating Tactic , training , Relaxing and all other Non Battling stuff ! I thing it will take 21 or 23 episode .

-But just Ash Battling ! What , The Other rival are dead or something ??? The Anime also need to focus on other rival , Their battle , Their tactic and their background . However then it will take more then 27 episode.

Truth is , If you want a rushed & improper league then only 5 episode fine however if you want the league that has everything then it will take more then 27 episode.
    Also , A league ark that long will have it own opening theme , Just imagine a opening theme focus on Ash & Rival facing each other in the league ,
    I think it would be like this-

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    We want proper league arcs. It's just that 27 freaking episodes was too much. Around 15 would've been good.
    Japan will take around half a year to air everything and have you seen any tournaments that are held THAT long?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    We want proper league arcs. It's just that 27 freaking episodes was too much. Around 15 would've been good.
    Japan will take around half a year to air everything and have you seen any tournaments that are held THAT long?

If Japan can handle 28 episode of nothing (Da Journey) and One year wait until Ash's final Badge (DP series) Then I think japan can handle 27 episode of action , excitement , Bonding , evolving , and Battling.
    Yes I have seen Tournament that long .
    You can see it at any sport related anime . Pokemon battle is a sport .

Back