• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've been having a blast playing Rumble Blast, so I didn't really get much shiny hunting in over the last few days. It's a really fun game, and it's a nice change to have some real-time battles with dodging and being the actual Pokemon running around the field. It's a nice little break.

29 Oshawott.

OMG MY LITTLE BROTHER RESTARTED HIS SOULSILVER GAME WHILE WE WERE PLAYING OUR GAME NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND WHEN HE GOT TO THE STARTERS I OPENED UP G-MONEY'S SHINY TOTODILE PICTURE AND MY BROTHER FINDS A RANDOM SHINY TOTODILE!

Edit: Saw the first page and started wondering if this clan is continuing SkinnyGreenMan's list. Are we still doing the list or did it get cancelled?

Wow, that's awesome! I guess my Totodile emits luck! :cer_laugh:

The ShinyDex hasn't been updated in a while (since June 2006), so we're going to wait until we have the shiny Database. MetalMario is making a website so that there can be more features, like sortability by capture method and stuff.

anyway been bashing SPR it is epic =D

Why would you bash the Society for Pediatric Radiology? They help "foster research on the interrelationships between the physiological and psychological aspects of behavior." I'm sure they mean well.

I'll post again if I get it.

*when

Last edited:

Popsicle

~Dancing Crazy~
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2012
Hello I would like to join. I used to have a Shiny Lillipup on my White but then I restarted it and on the same route got another Shiny Lillipup. Do Rumble shinies count? If so I got a Shiny Nidoran Male, Geodude, Bulbasaur, and Rattata.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I used to have a Shiny Lillipup on my White but then I restarted it and on the same route got another Shiny Lillipup.
Wow. Talk about lucky! Unfortunately, I'm not the owner,
so can't approve your join request. G-money should be back soon, though.

G-Money

Years
10,225 Icefall Cave encounters.
222 Spiritomb (yes, another step in my quest to get every Ghost shiny).
150 Chimchar. These take an awfully long time, so I might try breeding to see if that's faster.

Hello I would like to join. I used to have a Shiny Lillipup on my White but then I restarted it and on the same route got another Shiny Lillipup. Do Rumble shinies count? If so I got a Shiny Nidoran Male, Geodude, Bulbasaur, and Rattata.

Wow, that is really lucky! Way to reclaim your shiny Lillipup, haha. Welcome to the club!

You can hunt however you'd like, and Rumble shinies are fine! That's a nice collection you have there.

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
im back

hello sorry bout no posts =l bin in morcambe with my grandad (no internet)

@G-Money i meant super pokemon rumble lol XD can i add u on the friends list? i need one T-T

on topic my rumble shinies are
Venomoth
Psyduck
Ryhorn
Rydon
Rapidash
Onix
and thats it
u can't get shines in super pokemon rumble T_T

on topic will try hunting char through new years eve bout 8 30- 12 30 so be back on track =D

G-Money

Years
Happy New Year!

You know what this means? It's time for the 2012 Yearly Quest!

Objectives:

1) Obtain a shiny starter (Begin the journey!)
2) Obtain a shiny via encountering (The shiny hunter!)
3) Obtain a shiny from an egg (The shiny master!)
4) Obtain a shiny legendary (The shiny legend!)
5) Obtain a shiny Dragon (Year of the Dragon!)

These can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Have fun!

Also, January means a new Monthly Quest! Since nobody finished last month, we're going to try moving it down to two targets this time. :pink_wink:

January Quest 2012:

1) Obtain a shiny starter (Welcome to the new year!)
2) Obtain an Ice-type shiny (A Winter Wonderland!)

Like the Yearly Quest, these can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Have fun!

@G-Money i meant super pokemon rumble lol XD can i add u on the friends list? i need one T-T

Of course! And haha, it's called "Rumble Blast" where I live! I had no idea what that acronym meant! :cer_laugh:

I hope everyone has an awesome 2012 with lots of shinies!

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
165 Rogenrolla. Going slower than I expected.

@G-money, are the January and yearly starter hunts separate?
as in, if I get a shiny starter, does it count for both?
And by ''Encounter'' do you mean RE's?

G-Money

Years
@G-money, are the January and yearly starter hunts separate?
as in, if I get a shiny starter, does it count for both?
And by ''Encounter'' do you mean RE's?

Yes, the yearly and monthly quests are separate. At the end of each month, you get to pick which one you want your shinies to count for. I'll edit the first post to clarify this. :)

And encounter can either be an RE or randomly seeing a shiny in the wild. As long as it's in grass/water/a cave, you're good to go!

Good luck!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY FIRST COMPLETED HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

The 'Oh' that pops up when an egg hatches appeared,
and i took my notebook to tally it, and when i came back, on the 180th egg, at 1:03 PM,
Shiny Roggenrola! Lonely nature.

(Sorry I can't post pics, not enough posts)

As my first complete hunt, this is pretty special.
And that it qualifies for the yearly quest (hatch a shiny from an egg)
is pretty cool too.

G-money:
Good Luck!

Thanks so much! this must have done it :)
Next hunt: MM'ing Zorua or Tepig (can't decide)

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Shinysearcher the first shiny of the new year, and for which hunt to pursue next they're both great shinies.

I want to make sure my understanding of roaming legendaries is correct let's assume that I haven't encountered the legendary before if i save before I enter the grass, then I enter and it shows up and its NOT shiny then i SR and then track it down again and then repeat the process until its shiny. After I encounter it shiny it can run away and the next time I see it, it will be shiny am I correct?
Also count me in on the 2012 Yearly Quest, my first shiny target will be Axew (as soon as I beat the E4)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Congrats Shinysearcher the first shiny of the new year, and for which hunt to pursue next they're both great shinies.

I want to make sure my understanding of roaming legendaries is correct let's assume that I haven't encountered the legendary before if i save before I enter the grass, then I enter and it shows up and its NOT shiny then i SR and then track it down again and then repeat the process until its shiny. After I encounter it shiny it can run away and the next time I see it, it will be shiny am I correct?
Also count me in on the 2012 Yearly Quest, my first shiny target will be Axew (as soon as I beat the E4)

Thanks!
And yes, that's how you would do it.
If you see it shiny, it will stay that way,
just be sure to save RIGHT after the encounter.

---EDIT---
I decided to breed for Torchic
(just beat red in SS, so got my hoenn
starter.) and will it count for the yearly quest?
It is a starter, but I obtained it by breeding.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Happy New Year!

Welcome to the club, Popsicle!

Congrats on the shiny Roggenrola, ShinySearcher01! Yes, breeding Torchic will count.

This week's random hunt is... Tyrogue!

I'm currently MMing for Litwick, Charmander, Dratini, and Cyndaquil.

Years
I would like to join!

I used to hunt shinys, but then I stopped, but for whatever reason I'm getting back into it again.

My Shinys are:
Raikou (Event)
Suicune (Event)
Entei (Event)
Gyrados (Lake of Rage)
Tangrowth (865 RE's)
Dugtrio (Random)
Primeape (Random)

And I'm hunting:
Whismer- about 3,000 RE's
Rayquaza- about 500 SR's
Litwick- about 100 RE's

I may turn Litwick into a MM hunt if I can get a Litwick from another country. Also, I'm mainly trying to get Whismer.

The thing that got me into hunting shinys was when I found two random shinys (Primeape and Dugtrio) in one day. That made me realize how awesome shinys are.

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I may turn Litwick into a MM hunt if I can get a Litwick from another country. Also, I'm mainly trying to get Whismer.

Hey, I can maybe (depending on how my connection works out)
give you a french litwick tommorow. (my friend is coming over,
he has a french game) or I could clone you a japanese ditto.

PM me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
posting to say that im still alive and well

haven't gotten me a shiny in a while, but i am hunting Charmander on my Leafgreen still. It's kinda gotten me back into hunting, but i mainly only hunt when im either at my grandparents or at bowling, so who knows when i'll get it. Congrats on the Beldum and ......whatever else you had, G.

also still waiting on that PM G was gonna send me about a website

G-Money

Years
I was hunting Eevee before switching over to Hitmonchan, and it's my last shiny target before beating the Elite 4, getting all the legendaries and TMs, and starting SRing on FR for real! Charmander, Squirtle, all the legendaries... Eevee would really open up a lot of future hunts!

55 Eevee.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Congrats!! :)

What ShinySearcher01 said about it staying shiny after you first find it is true. You need to be careful about when you save, though. For R/S, you should save after you beat the Elite 4 but before you go downstairs to watch the TV. I think that in FR/LG the shininess of the beasts is set even earlier, but I'm not sure exactly when. In 4th gen, I think you'll be safe saving before encountering/setting them free and then tracking them down.

I would like to join!

Welcome to the SHC! Good luck on your hunts - Rayquaza especially is a favorite of mine. :cer_wink:

posting to say that im still alive and well

haven't gotten me a shiny in a while, but i am hunting Charmander on my Leafgreen still. It's kinda gotten me back into hunting, but i mainly only hunt when im either at my grandparents or at bowling, so who knows when i'll get it. Congrats on the Beldum and ......whatever else you had, G.

also still waiting on that PM G was gonna send me about a website

Hmm, I was absolutely certain that I sent it to you... Oh well, I'll try again. Sorry about that!

Thanks for the congrats!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey everyone.

Just dropping in to say that I've FINALLY ended my dry spell. A few hours ago, a shiny Staryu appeared on my Black version. It was 19,137th pokemon on this quest for Staryu. My hunt spanned across three generations of Pokemon games! It has a Timid nature thanks to my Synchronize Abra, and it also has Natural Cure. It is truly perfect in my eyes. ^_^

Pics will come tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else!

*disappears back into obscurity*

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
*Steps out of a cave into the bright glare of the sun, Blinks away the bright light blinding him, stares at a calender on the wall for some inexplicable reason*

"My god, over a year. Has it been that long since I last laid eyes upon this place?"

All jokery aside, I used to be a member of this club although as the above little skit pointed out, haven't been here for over a year. (Due in a rather major part to me almost completely falling out of love with any and all pokemon games up until just recently)

Some of you may know me, some may not, I was at one point a (somewhat veteran) member of the shiny club over at the serebiiforums under the name ScorpionX, But I have gone by other names both there and here. (VenomX, Lord Danswich, Vladimir Makarov during a Call of Duty obsession etc) But having read through this thread and noticing that the club has undergone a ownership change I feel it only right to reapply for membership status in this club if you will have me.

Also, I really must get back into shiny hunting, my last was a hatched luvdisc before black and white were released.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I recently got an account at a pokemon website that includes shiny hunting. Will that count or is it just official games?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
We only include the official games.

Well since the new year has started I have done loads of hunting. I am trying to get a starter for the year and work from there. After that I want Virizion, Terrakion and Cobalion. Would love the full set.

Back