• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Needs less legendaries!"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ah, I see. I suppose what I was saying is that, a lot of people generally regardless group all of those Pokemon as "legendaries", y'know? I understand that GF itself all has separate classifications of them, and that's fine and dandy. But when it comes to us players, it seems that all that matters to most of us is "well, how many legendaries is GF going to introduce this time around?". It's because of this that I say that it might get tiring, at least in the long-run of things.

Of course, what I'm saying is completely based on subjectivity, and heck, I don't personally believe that it'll get tiring anytime soon, that just might be the perspective of most people, y'know? When it comes to the players, some of them don't group them in things like "Mythical Pokemon", or "Mirage Pokemon", things of that nature. As far as most players are concerned, they're all legendaries and are cooped up in that one category, basically. Kind of unfair, but oh well.

That's my perspective of things. As long as there's some sort of backstory behind said legends, what's the hurt behind it? I'd certainly like some sort of explanation as to why a certain legendary would exist, rather than just have it there for the heck of it. When it cmmes to stats though, I do agree with you. You have the smaller legendaries that typically share base 100 in pretty much all stats, and then you have the larger ones who are more diversified. It's more or less kind of a predictable thing at this point, and nothing too surprising, but personally speaking, it doesn't have any real effect on me whatsoever.

Also, what do you mean by "the combination is never really that amazing"? o.o If you're talkign about the variety as far as movesets, typing, etc are concerned, I suppose that's a point, but...

I was talking about the combinations of Attacks, Abilities, Types and Stats. Legends are a packaged deal and a lot of the time, when they excell in one of the four, they fall pretty horribly in another. Stats can be seen on their own cause they usually have high stat somewhere and are crippled in another. Ability, Type, and moves can cause a lot of fans to just dislike any Pokemon, legends are no exception

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As someone mentioned earlier the Kanto legends had the least story, the only reason four out of the five seem to be legends are due to being rarely seen, and the fifth one, Mewtwo is a legend due to it's power.

Anyways I hope that no matter the number we get a good explaination behind the legends. Also it'll be nice to see them connect the new legends like Gen 4 did with Heatran (born during the creation of the world/universe), the Lake and Creation trios, and Arceus.

Ps: I think artificial legends should get their own special label. Perhaps the professor can specialize in legends and tells us how they've divided the growing number of powerful Pokémon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The number is irrelevant to me, but there needs to be a way to catch all of them in-game, or at least a story that occurs after the wifi event, rather than just getting the pokemon for free.

The way it was done in B/W was really pathetic. Wifi events have really taken the fun out of legendaries.

I wouldn't like to find them all everywhere...

I don't mind wifi but they'd have to create like, 20 backstories and I don't think it's something they'd be willing to do.

Years
  • Yeah 20 backstories are a lot...
    I hope they do 12 or 13 (the 13th can be based on (bad) luck ;) ) legends and go in depth to their pasts. The 13 I imagine to be Mascot trio, Other trio, Other trio's master, a duo,a ancient legendary hidden in ruins with three formes based on Shiva, bad luck event legendary, and two other events.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    A scenario I see happening is:

There is a few legendaries in game already and later they bring out more via DLC. Id say for included legendaries already, there might be: Xerneas and Yveltal, a legendary trio and maybe one or two stand alones. I would consider the possibility that the Z legendary if there is one will be hidden and not in the code and brought out later, being put in via DLC later on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I've always thought the perfect execution of legendaries happened in Gold & Silver. I prefer less, because it makes them feel even more special when there aren't many legendaries. I feel D/P and B/W went a bit crazy with legendaries and I hope X/Y tone it down a bit. Just my 2 cents.

Stormborn

Indecisive
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 26, 2013
    Agreed, it's honestly too much.

Legendaries don't even feel special like they used to.

Years
  • I guess less would make them feel more special...however I came into the series with Hoenn and then the number of legends went up so I've become used to a large number of legends, not really minding them.

As I've said before think Kanto's number is too low.

tnfsf11

I would LOVE there to be LESS legendaries, there's just too much already.
    I would also prefer if they would be non-GOD, cuz I'm fed up with the "Oh My Arceus" jokes, & it would be nice too if I could collect all legendaries in one game like in R/B/Y and G/S/C without having to play another version or trade.

Back