• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "No Post-Game"?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • I major complaint I hear about these game is the lack of a Post-Game. Now, I just recently became Champion and I've heard about some things to do afterwards. So why is there a complaint? Doesn't the Pokemon Maison count as Post-Game? How about the Looker missions? And there's also catching Legendary Pokemon. So what is this "lack of a post-game"? The things available are even more than the usual first two games have had.

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
    Years
  • I think what they wanted was more. Like how in B2/W2 you have white tree hollow and Black tower. Also the PWT as well and more legendaries to get then what X and Y has to offer.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    While I agree that X and Y have a fairly solid post-game, mostly because of the Looker missions, I do have to say it's lacking in comparison to B2W2. The Maison is your typical competitive post-game, the successor to the Battle Tower, and you are only given the option of Single, Double, Triple, and Rotation Battles. And as for legendaries, post-game you only get 1 of the birds, and Zygarde. And the only post-game area is a plain little town with the Maison and Friend Safari. The Safari is great, don't get me wrong, but it's just a square where you catch Pokémon.

So I do think the post-game is better than most give it credit for (mainly because by Arceus those Looker missions were great) but the complaints are also fairly warranted.

ProfDunsparce

And now I become Dunsparce...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    I think the post game we've come to expect from these games is more areas to explore. Black and White gave us a good deal of new towns and routes to explore. These are virtually non-existent in x and y, as the post game activities take place in cities that we are already familiar with (aside from the rather sparse Kiloude City) . 2nd gen gets the trophy for best post game ever (an entire new region!)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I think the post game we've come to expect from these games is more areas to explore. Black and White gave us a good deal of new towns and routes to explore. These are virtually non-existent in x and y, as the post game activities take place in cities that we are already familiar with (aside from the rather sparse Kiloude City) . 2nd gen gets the trophy for best post game ever (an entire new region!)

Well apart from new routes B/W really did not have much to do and in fact gave us NEGATIVE post game... ( yeah I'm looking at you black city/white forest >:( )

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well apart from new routes B/W really did not have much to do and in fact gave us NEGATIVE post game... ( yeah I'm looking at you black city/white forest >:( )

If it wasn't for the Looker missions in X and Y, I'd say the post-game in Black and White would be even better than X and Y's, to be honest. Black City let you battle people for experience and White Forest let you catch some unique Pokémon. And at least in BW you can catch more legendaries. That's all in addition to the new routes and cities you can visit.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    You do know that B/W2 are the sequels to the original, right? B/W had as much or less post-game than X/Y. But B/W had at least way more features to fool around with after you're pretty much done with the main story and the games before that also had them Gen 3/4, which makes X/Y (For me, at least) having horrible post-game content.
    Let's just pray that the remakes or sequels of X/Y can be even equals with B/W2 in terms of content, not only post-game content.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    If it wasn't for the Looker missions in X and Y, I'd say the post-game in Black and White would be even better than X and Y's, to be honest. Black City let you battle people for experience and White Forest let you catch some unique Pokémon. And at least in BW you can catch more legendaries. That's all in addition to the new routes and cities you can visit.

yeah but unless you have friend connection for what 24/7 all these buildings/pokemon will disappear and you will be left with nothing but a ghost town for rest of the game ARRRGH! At least pokemon x and y don't have smiler problems.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The problem is that the Maison has no variety... nothing like the Frontier. And things like Contests and the PokeAthlon gave players, if they wanted, a fair bit to do outside of battling; there hasn't been anything like that since HG/SS.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As awful as this sounds, I'm more okay with games not having much of a post-game. I tend to restart a lot and I feel bad for skipping out on post-game, since most of the time, I'm restarting to do more challenges and most challenges end after the Champion, making post-game something that's not required.

But of course, that's just me personally. Obviously not everyone does that, haha. Considering this is a game with new Pokemon though, I figured most people would be raising new teams and trying out the new Pokemon and such. Then again, it's more fun to use them in an in-game team rather than a post-game team.

Years
  • Yeah, I kind of feel the same here. I don't really care for the Looker sidequests or Mega Evolutions, and since i'm not really a competitive battler or what not, i'm not as big for breeding stuff this time around. I might go against what I said and bag my save on X and do a Nuzlocke or something (since I like most of X's exclusives more than Y's), or I could get another copy like I have with White 2 and Platinum.

Though as it's most likely been said, this has been the same deal with RS, DP and BW compared to Emerald, Platinum and BW2 respectively - less post-game in the first one and more in the other, so it's likely they're saving some bigger ideas for the third version/sequel or whatever they'll do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I honestly get very tired of seeing threads and people complain about the lack of post game, and I have the same thoughts you do. Battle Mansion is good post game. You have the friend safari, hordes to hunt for even more hidden ability pokemon. You have the whole revamped online content which is outstanding. Looker Missions, filling out your dex which isn't as difficult anymore at all. Legendary Mons to hunt down and capture. Going back and getting TMs you might have missed. I mean seriously people there's a lot to do after the main game is complete. Sorry it's not your standard "Go get badges." sort of thing, but the post game is there. A lot of people don't want to do something that's not presented to them in a way that makes them jump for joy. Talk about difficulty? Battle Mansion is a prime example of difficult battles. These people complain about the game's short sights but they don't seem to appreciate the fact that the whole game is in 3D now. Battles are like stadium and pretty damn cool rather than watching sprites shoot beams at each other. Pokemon it's self has evolved and drawn in even more fans, but the thing about fans is you'll never please some of them. People complained about too many Legends, and now in this gen people complain about the lack of Legends like clockwork. People complain about them adding too many pokemon each generation, so they added less and focused more on graphics, now I see people complain about the lack of new mons this gen.

The funny thing is. We're still solving mysteries within the game! It's rare but there's items we have no idea what they do, NPCs that seemingly have no purpose for now and a lot of other unexplained stuff. That's rare in a game made in this day and age, folks. I'll say honestly the only thing I was kinda sad about was where you find Mewtwo. I expected a whole cave area to explore like Red & Blue with Mewtwo at the end. It's like Mewtwo wandered up, gave some random guy 20 PokeDollars to stand guard in front of the door, and wait for a trainer. It felt weird, other than that though it's all good I feel.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I really liked the postgame for what it was, but there was only 3 legionaries to catch and a Side quest that had no reward (I wanted like, some rare Pokemon tbh). There's not nearly enough post game play in my opinion :I

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All Post game ever consists of is Battle facilities and breeding with some mini game thrown in with the earlier titles but those mini games weren't liked enough so they were removed. There's hardly ever anything to do outside of those. This is true for all Pokemon games and not just the Main releases.

People complain just to listen to the sound of their own voices at this point.

Post game content is pretty much for competitive players. A casual player's game ends as soon as they get the credits.

Years
  • I don't get the complaints. the initial set of games (R/S, D/p, B/W) didn't have much to do either, the third versions/sequels do there's no reason to be surprised about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Postgame is highly lacking. Fortunately, competitive playing gives you some sort of drive to keep playing. I currently breed pokemon for IVs/egg moves/natures (Right now have a 31 Def/31 Atk/26 Spe IV Skarmory I'm breeding with Sigilyph to get Whirlwind and to get an Impish nature on the offspring) grind pokemon against the E4 that I want to use on a team, catch a Rotom weekly to get the proper nature to breed, run through battles with Pickup Ambipoms to try for Leftovers, and farm berries. The berry farming is mostly mass production of Lum and Chesto berries, my back rows are dedicated to growing berries to use for Rich Mulch and I'm keeping a row dedicated to when someone finds either a Custap berry in game or finds a surprise mulch mutation resulting in Custap.

See all that useless, mundane and boring crap I just listed that you were probably bored to death just by reading? That's about all there is to do after the E4. Well, and rip your hair out trying to catch Mewtwo, of course!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Eh, I do kind of feel it's a little lacklustre somehow. I did the Looker missions and they were fun, but it didn't take me long. I'm poking around in Terminus Cave right now, but beyond that I'm really not sure what to do. I've actually found myself going back to Black 2 for something to do (the Yancy sidequest ahmagawd <3 <3 <3).

On balance, though, I'm not upset. Nintendo packed so much new content into these games that I'll forgive a slightly lacking postgame. I've still got some exploring to do, anyway. For instance, I think I managed to skip Route 16 entirely, I discovered while hunting down Mega Stones. I need to go see what's up northwest of Coumarine, too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    You guys shouldn't look at this as complains so much as feedback for developers for the next version. The post game in HG/SS was so epic. I want that feeling again. If any of the company's reps lurk these forums -- please get on the ball for the next game when it comes to post game.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • They had around, 10 months to make it translate, new pokemons, 3D, Mega evolutions Bether scripts 3D OW so i think is fine :)
    But i know it is a small Post Game ;(
    Plz add me ;)

Back