• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Musical

Years
  • Pok%C3%A9mon_Musical.png

The Pokemon Musical is a new minigame introduced in the 5th Gen games that serves the side-game role similar to the Contests and Pokeathlon. Pokemon Musicals involve you dressing up your Pokemon with accessories (known ingame as props) and then dancing alongside other Pokemon to entertain the audience. Choosing the right props is the key to garnering attention from the audience, and after the musical you can talk to people to obtain more props.

What did you think of the musicals?
    What were your favourite props to dress your Pokemon with?
    Compared to contests and Pokeathlon, did you like musicals better or not?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    They have decent to good soundtracks, the graphics and props are lovely too. But I have to be honest, it isn't fun nor appealing. Pokemon Musical is one of those things that falls to the 'great potential, failed execution'. The developers could have had taken advantage of the sporty atmosphere of the stadium section, like creating a Pokeathlon-kind of mini games.

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
  • They have decent to good soundtracks, the graphics and props are lovely too. But I have to be honest, it isn't fun nor appealing. Pokemon Musical is one of those things that falls to the 'great potential, failed execution'. The developers could have had taken advantage of the sporty atmosphere of the stadium section, like creating a Pokeathlon-kind of mini games.

This. Totally this. It'd be awesome to have the pokeathlons-game again. The musicals were truly boring, contests totally beats it.

Years
  • The forced tutorial in BW left me a very bitter impression of the musicals. It's vaguely like Contests, but watered down into a mini-game instead. The two guys above summed up what I was going to say; in my opinion Contests and Poeathlons are much, much better because they are more engaging.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • They have decent to good soundtracks, the graphics and props are lovely too. But I have to be honest, it isn't fun nor appealing. Pokemon Musical is one of those things that falls to the 'great potential, failed execution'. The developers could have had taken advantage of the sporty atmosphere of the stadium section, like creating a Pokeathlon-kind of mini games.

I can easily understand that it does give off the impression of "boring" but I do at least think the props are better-looking compared to the accessories in Sinnoh's contests. The fact you could do cool animations with hand props makes it fun when you time it right, but yes you are right - it had great potential but it just needed to be executed better, then more would have liked it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can easily understand that it does give off the impression of "boring" but I do at least think the props are better-looking compared to the accessories in Sinnoh's contests. The fact you could do cool animations with hand props makes it fun when you time it right, but yes you are right - it had great potential but it just needed to be executed better, then more would have liked it.

They could have had added a rhythm game, because it's Pokemon Musical after all.

It could be something as easy as the Dance Competition from Super Contest.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dance_Competition

Or something like Dancing? Pokémon Band, a Japanese only-game for the smart phone. Despite a phone game, I believe DS can pull it off too. :)
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dancing?_Pokémon_Band

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've honestly never done a musical and never plan on it. I've played gen V countless times and this is one of those things that I just don't get into, haha. I appreciate that they tried something out here, but eh, I just wasn't interested. I love RSE contests and HGSS Pokethlon, though. :) But the musical just doesn't do it for me.

Back