• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much is too much?

pkmin3033

When I start dreaming about what I'm currently playing. At that point, it's a clear indicator I need to cut back on the amount of time I'm investing in a game. Seeing stat numbers in your head, replaying battles and cutscenes, planning things you'll do in the future in your head and then waking up thining you've already done them...definitely time to cut back. This happens to me with the more immersive, grindy JRPGs...or the Atelier titles. Synthesis is highly addicting.

Also, when I realise I've spent the whole day on it more often than not and that I haven't spoken to anyone about something NOT related to it for over a month. That was my own personal little alarm bell for FFXIV, which I must have packed about 300 hours into over the course of a 30 day subscription earlier this year.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
when you realize that you probably play video games too much?
What is this "too much" you speak of. :v

I don't think I have ever consciously decided, "this hobby I enjoy has consumed too much of my time lately!"
I just sorta get in a mood like, "I just don't want to partake in this particular hobby for awhile."

...So that was sort of like an answer.

Years
When I assign HP and the amount of exp given to the leftovers stuck between my teeth while brushing said teeth.
For some reason this also happens if I've been drawing or making a 3d model the whole day "need to do the shading on this one" "the mirror modifier will take care of the other side".

Years
Is this a serious question? Is there such thing as playing too much?

Jokes aside, whenever the chance situation comes up when I can randomly insert references to video games, I do sometimes question my mentality.

Yukari

Is this a serious question? Is there such thing as playing too much?
No, playing too much is a myth made up by people who don't want us to play video games.

Usually when I look at the clock and see that it's 2AM but I've been playing since 2PM.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
When I look up at the clock and realize Iost 3 hours of the day without even thinking about it. Or when my eyes start to get strained.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016
Really depends on the type of game, i have like 800+ hours in Smash brothers Melee but i dont consider it unhealthy, but if it was like 800+ in an RPG then i would be a little worried.

rebelrabbit

CRAAAAWLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
Years
Something I just noticed.
I walked into the bank the other day, and immediately started making a plan to shut off the cams, kill the guards and answer their pagers, pacify the civies, drill the vault and run off with the money before I realized I forgot to bring a silenced gun and maxed ECMs.
Then I remembered that this is real life and not Payday.

Sir Codin

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - John Lennon

Years
No, playing too much is a myth made up by people who don't want us to play video games.

Usually when I look at the clock and see that it's 2AM but I've been playing since 2PM.

I had those days with Pokemon X since most of the time was spent grinding them to hell, haha. It became routine to wake up at noon and play for 16 hours, for the next 3 days. I do miss those days when I can enjoy playing a game without having to stop periodically to do school work, or even having time for them these days is hard...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
My whole idea of How much is too much is pretty simple: I consider the NON-monetary price such as time, life options, opportunity costs, and etc etc of continuing said gaming on certain video games or titles. If I feel that I'm going to miss out way too much on other things that i may want to do or should do, then i have to stop. But fortunately for now, I don't feel that way yet, especially when it comes to certain competitive games (League and still strong after 5 seasons).

Inb4imPCsoijustdownloadorplayfree2play

Its not about the money i spend.

Back