• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Game Reccomendations?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    (I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this, so I'm sorry in advance if someone has to relocate this! :/)

With Christmas coming up, I planned on getting a couple new games for my 3DS. I have a list of my favorites, all my misc. games that I still enjoyed but aren't my #1 favorites, and my disliked ones which I would've rather not bought. Hopefully that's enough to give you my tastes, but for more information, let me just say that I'm really into games where it's a story that I have to work my way up to become the best. For example, those games are like Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon, but not like Super Smash Bros. I like games that have a take of reality mixed in with fantasy, such as AC:NL again with how you can run a city and be a mayor but there still are quirky twists like how your villagers are basically just animals that can talk. I like games that have a lot to learn behind them as far as their mechanics and stats. Some of my dislikes are the more realistic games like those old Cooking Mama stuff or those games that raise babies (you feel?). Also, some of the games that have a childish feel like Fantasy Life are not my type, I like games directed towards older teens and adults. Fighting and fantasy - and if possible, romance - is what I'm into.

-Favorites-
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Rune Factory 4
    Pokemon X/Y
    Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning

-Misc. Games-
    The LoZ Majoras Mask 3D
    The LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D
    Story of Seasons
    Super Smash Bros.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby

-Disliked-
    Fantasy Life (too child-like)
    Bravely Default (felt like it was just a repeat of some of the other better games that followed basically the same idea of that)

I don't know if anyone would care in helping me, but if you have any ideas or even if you just have a game that you would like someone to try then feel free to share it with me!

Years
  • I like games that have a lot to learn behind them as far as their mechanics and stats. I like games directed towards older teens and adults. Fighting and fantasy - and if possible, romance - is what I'm into.
    Perhaps you might like Fire Emblem Awakening? (You're probably at least semi-familiar with it because of Smash.) It's a tactical roleplaying game, with lots you can manage, like unit classes, skills, all that jazz. Like Animal Crossing or Pokemon, you can create your own character. You can determine how they look, and unlike other units they can become pretty much any class you want! Plus... there's the Support system where you can build relationships between characters for improved abilities. (It's cute to see the conversations they have, too.)

There's a demo of Fire Emblem Awakening on the eShop if you wanna give it a taste. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it, based on what you're looking for. Fire Emblem Awakening is the second most-played game on my 3DS at around 200 hours... (The First is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, at a whopping 700+ hours.. omg...)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    Perhaps you might like Fire Emblem Awakening? (You're probably at least semi-familiar with it because of Smash.) It's a tactical roleplaying game, with lots you can manage, like unit classes, skills, all that jazz. Like Animal Crossing or Pokemon, you can create your own character. You can determine how they look, and unlike other units they can become pretty much any class you want! Plus... there's the Support system where you can build relationships between characters for improved abilities. (It's cute to see the conversations they have, too.)

There's a demo of Fire Emblem Awakening on the eShop if you wanna give it a taste. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it, based on what you're looking for. Fire Emblem Awakening is the second most-played game on my 3DS at around 200 hours... (The First is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, at a whopping 700+ hours.. omg...)

Alright, thank you! I've always been meaning to try Fire Emblem Awakening actually, I just didn't have enough money to buy the game and try it before. I'll definitely be trying the demo here in just a couple of minutes now. :)

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • This might sounds Silly, But try Yo-Kai Watch! It has a Story that I Think You'll like but It's Harder than Pokemon.......Well, maybe.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was gonna suggest Fire Emblem: Awakening as well, haha. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard great things about it. I have the game, just haven't found the time to play it myself.

You don't seem to have any platformers listed in your collection so idk if that's cause you don't like them or aren't good at them, but Kirby Triple Deluxe is really great and goes under the radar, I think. I'm not good at platformers, but I was able to play through it and I had a great time with it. Plus, if you like games that have collectibles and such, there are plenty in Triple Deluxe.

And if you enjoyed those Zelda games, Link Between Worlds is really good and pretty highly acclaimed. I think it's a bit on the easy side, but it's still a good time to be had. The new one, Tri Force Heroes, seems to be pretty cool too.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Your tastes are indeed pretty complex to recommend games for, so I'll just slap in some Shin Megami Tensei 4.

yep i went there. Anyway, SMT4 being part of Atlus' long franchise of RPGs may sound like a bad option for anyone who wasn't played or heard or even bothered with any Shin Megami Tensei game but what SMT4 does is that as the 3DS SMT game, it makes sure that the game while numbered as such, isn't part of a continuity with the other SMT titles. Tld; you don't have to have played the other SMT games to play SMT4. SMT4 may look like your basic JRPG but it has its charm and obviously what the Megami Tensei (and Atlus games in general) are known for - rather challenging difficulty even on baseline difficulty, and a storyline that makes you want to question if you still believe in Law and Order thus promoting acceptance that we humans are just pawns of a high power or would just want to destroy and recreate the world thus cause chaos. Basically you play as a main character, fight demons, collect demons to be part of your team, and the story unfolds based on the decisions you make throughout the story.

The thing about any SMT game is that you need to find a way to like the game based on how you feel about it. Its hard even for me, a big SMT fan to tell a non-SMT fan to just say "Try playing this game. Love this game, it will change your life. SMT is love, SMT is life" messaging kind of thing. Atlus, in my opinion, has a very different approach to making their games likeable to their target market.

Back