• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: Competitive team, first attempt.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Well, here goes. Spent a long time researching and working on this team, but this IS my first attempt at a competitive move set. Be nice, be critical, and that would be awesome.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 Atk/6Def/252Speed
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Focus Punch

Probably a standard CB-Tar set. Spent the time and IV bred a max atk/max spd larvitar, so won't be lacking there. Should I go with Jolly nature and Choice Scarf or keep it a Physical Sweep?

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    252 Atk/6hp/252speed
    Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Pursuit
    Brick Break

Love Weavile, love it's speed. Ice punch for the dragons and pursuit/night slash for Alakazam/Psychic sweep. Brick Break just in case.

Skarmory @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Impish
    252HP/140Def/20Speed/96Atk
    Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Drill Peck

Pretty standard Skarmory, but why change up the best? Considering more def and less atk EVs, but unsure yet. Love the whirlwind/spikes combo. Not so sure about the speed.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/252Def/6SpAtk
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Thunderwave/Toxic

Again, Standard SkarmBliss combo. It works, I like it. I know with D/P theres less effectiveness in this, but Blissey seems like the best special wall around.

Gengar @ Wide Lens
    Mild
    252SpAtk/6SpD/252Speed
    Shadow Ball
    Hypnosis
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb

Normal Gengar Special Sweep. Undecided on the STAB for sludge bomb or the standard thunderbolt.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252Atk/6SpD/252Speed
    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Stone Edge
    ?? (Pursuit?)

REALLY undecided about CS-Cross. I'm worried about Gengar being the only special sweep, perhaps another one in place of Cross? Any ideas? This guy can pack a punch, and pursuit isn't affected by Choice Scarf (meaning I'm not locked into using it if they switch out when I do use it).

Well, there we have it. Probably a Generic team, but I don't have the experience to try anything creative. Thoughts, comments, whatever would be appreciated.

Thanks.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Change Tyranitar to LeadTar set:

Tyranitar @ Chesto Berry
    252HP/36Atk/220SDef
    Careful/Impish Nature
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rest

Stealth Rock or Payback or Stone Edge (depending on if you predict a taunt or not), then use Rest when you are within the danger zone.

Weavile wants a Choice Band or Life Orb, since almost every (good) team you fight against will have rocks/spikes up nulling Focus Sash, imo Ice Shard >> Ice Punch for killing a +1 Mence or ScarfGon. I would also Low Kick >>> Brick Break so you KO Snorlax and Physically Defensive Tar, as well as do a fair bit of damage to most Steel-types.

Put T-bolt on Gengar, since Sludge Bomb is awful in this current OU meta with so many steel types running around. And Hypnosis is pretty awful, since it only has like ~60% accuracy iirc, put Hidden Power [Fire] over it for Steel-types like Forry and Scizor.

Blissey's EVs are wrong, should be 252Def/252SDef/4SpAtk (or 252Def/220SpDef/32SpAtk)

Pursuit on ScarfCross is ok, so you do damage to Rotom-A and Gengar.

EDIT: I'm sure I missed something (a.k.a. not listing weaks) but I'm pretty tired, so forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Wow, thanks for the input! I'll try out a lot of these ideas.

Oh that's fine xD I'm tired too haha.

New Question- Would it be better to stay with CB-Tar and use Skarm as my lead? That way I can set up spikes and not initiate a sandstorm right at the beginning.

Last edited:
    Back