• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Regional Professional Speculation

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • Hm... I could speculate a female Professor, 'cause in Generation V, it was the first time they introduced a female Professor.

And for the name? Hm... I'm thinking about Professor Cypress or Professor Alpine would be good names for a female Professor. ;)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • I want to assume it might be female again, also since B2/W2 had a male again, so they might need more women xD I'm with you on the DNA thing though, unless the rainbow chromosome is just decor xD

Name, I'm not sure what it might be, there's so many trees out there! xD

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I've been hoping for 2 tree species to become a professor for the longest time: Cypress and Poplar. Juniper is in the cypress family, so I hope poplar comes next. Maybe aspen which is in the poplar family.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Guys, what if there's two professors this time round? There could be both a male and a female professor for the region. The male could be Pokemon Y's regional researcher, while the female could be Pokemon X's regional researcher. (As males have both an X and Y chromosome and females have just two X chromosomes.)

Version exclusive professors?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Guys, what if there's two professors this time round? There could be both a male and a female professor for the region. The male could be Pokemon Y's regional researcher, while the female could be Pokemon X's regional researcher. (As Males have both an X and Y chromosome and females have just two X chromosomes.)

Version exclusive professors?

That would be amazing! Especially how you'd have a male one for X and a female one for Y, it would make the game really interesting.

Hm... I wonder what kind of name would be good for another male Professor?

Professor Palm? :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe but... how would they describe the difference between the professors? Like unless they're set in different times completely or unless the two have alternate roles, kind of like in R/S with Magma/Aqua I'm not sure how that can really work out if they only appear as professors in just the one game.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Maybe but... how would they describe the difference between the professors? Like unless they're set in different times completely or unless the two have alternate roles, kind of like in R/S with Magma/Aqua I'm not sure how that can really work out if they only appear as professors in just the one game.

The differences in Black and White are described in-game as being a result of separate but parallel worlds. If the two versions being separate worlds is canon, I don't see why version exclusive Professors would be a problem.

Back