• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Personality Challenge.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    "a man always has two reasons for doing anything..."​

This sounds extremely interesting...I'm in.

Game: I`ll be starting over my Sapphire or Ruby game for this one. Just because I can`t choose...I`ll let the next poster choose along with my pokemon.
    Pokemon: Full six! Waiting for my team~ I`ll edit it in once I get them. Same with my game. Oh, and, can you please try to give me something that`s actually possible to get in-game? I don`t know anybody that actually plays Ruby/Sapphire anymore(...can you even trade on wifi with those?) and I`m not a hacker. o3o; Sorry.

"a good reason, and the real reason."​

Years
  • Curses. I wish to participate but I have no gosh-darn clue what certain Pokemon would have as personalities (and if it's an actual mechanic introduced into later generations of games, it just makes it more confusing to me as all I own are Red and Silver). Since drawing assumptions from thin air seems a bit...forward, for lack of a better term, I'd like to avoid this if possible. Also, since there is little to no inspiration to be taken from some (not all, but still some, nonetheless) peoples' names/signatures/how they compose their posts, it almost parallels the former.

I'll require a bit of aid to figure out this dealie.

Since I cannot confidently state anything for the above poster at this time, I will just move onto listing that I would like to use a full party of six and the game shall be Silver (my game being made available as I failed a previous challenge without realizing it and saved over the file...d'oh!).

I will be unable to use another person for trading purposes nor can I (as well as the fact I don't *want* to) hack.

Also, as an added challenge (or at least what I *assume* would be an added challenge, anyway), should it be allowed, I would like to make a request. If possible, may I get a party that is capable of somehow using all of the HMs required to reach the later portions of the challenge without delegating the task to HM slaves?

Last edited:

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Curses. I wish to participate but I have no gosh-darn clue what certain Pokemon would have as personalities (and if it's an actual mechanic introduced into later generations of games, it just makes it more confusing to me as all I own are Red and Silver). Since drawing assumptions from thin air seems a bit...forward, for lack of a better term, I'd like to avoid this if possible. Also, since there is little to no inspiration to be taken from some (not all, but still some, nonetheless) peoples' names/signatures/how they compose their posts, it almost parallels the former.

I'll require a bit of aid to figure out this dealie.

Since I cannot confidently state anything for the above poster at this time, I will just move onto listing that I would like to use a full party of six and the game shall be Silver (my game being made available as I failed a previous challenge without realizing it and saved over the file...d'oh!).

I will be unable to use another person for trading purposes nor can I (as well as the fact I don't *want* to) hack.

Also, as an added challenge (or at least what I *assume* would be an added challenge, anyway), should it be allowed, I would like to make a request. If possible, may I get a party that is capable of somehow using all of the HMs required to reach the later portions of the challenge without delegating the task to HM slaves?

I'm only running off of memory, so bear with me. I haven`t played Silver in a while(DS won`t take it, GBA doesn`t save it, GBC died...).

Kadabra
    Umbreon
    Raichu
    Lapras
    Noctowl
    Togetic

...Yeah. Just tell me if there are any issues with this party. ^-^; I tried to fill all of your requests. Had an issue remembering some things that came later on in the game. o3o;

andrvitor

Pok�mon Black!!!AIradeAsh
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 22, 2018
    pikachú
    vulpix
    haunter
    chikorita
    Dratini
    Dito

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • *sigh* I guess I have to assign everyone's teams, since you guys aren't just giving each other teams...

Sure I will take on this challenge why not I will do it in...umm well all my actual games are being used atm...wish I woulda saw this before starting my japanese white game lol...ok I will use an emulator...give me a team forrrr....Fire Red

Alrighty. Since you didn't specify how many pokemon you wanted, I'm giving you 4.
    Team: Lapras, Slowbro, Venusaur, Vileplume
    Reasons:
    Lapras: Yuki means snow in japanese. Lapras is half Ice-type.
    Slowbro: You used a lot of '...' in your post. :P
    Venusaur: You have a 3 in your name, Venusaur is Pokemon #3.
    Vileplume: FireRed exclusive grass-type, since you apparently love grass-types. :3

"a man always has two reasons for doing anything..."​

This sounds extremely interesting...I'm in.

Game: I`ll be starting over my Sapphire or Ruby game for this one. Just because I can`t choose...I`ll let the next poster choose along with my pokemon.
    Pokemon: Full six! Waiting for my team~ I`ll edit it in once I get them. Same with my game. Oh, and, can you please try to give me something that`s actually possible to get in-game? I don`t know anybody that actually plays Ruby/Sapphire anymore(...can you even trade on wifi with those?) and I`m not a hacker. o3o; Sorry.

"a good reason, and the real reason."​

You should use Sapphire. I always see people either use Ruby or Emerald, and it's nice to see something different. c:

Team: Exploud, Illumise, Swellow, Altaria, Gardevoir, Sableye
    Reasons:
    Exploud - Is loud. 8D
    Illumise - Your female.
    Swellow - Kind of like the Pidgeot of 3rd generation.
    Altaria - Kind of seems like a poetic type of pokemon, and you've got what seems to be little poetic quotes at the beginning and end of your post.
    Gardevoir - It's psychic, so it does know when it's real Pidgey.
    Sableye - You disabled Vistor Messages, so you have no weaknesses there, similar to how Sableye has no type weaknesses. Also, it's a Sapphire-exclusive.

pikachú
    vulpix
    haunter
    chikorita
    Dratini
    Dito

Uh, if your going to assign pokemon, you should join the challenge.

Heh, I'd like to try this challenge with Pokémon Emerald, if anyone wants to assign me a team. Maybe one that doesn't screw me over, even! Who knows?

Lol. Once again, only giving you 4 since you didn't specify how many you wanted.

Team: Banette, Blaziken, Hariyama, Shedinja
    Reasons:
    Banette: Dolls are amusing to some. You amused me with your post. xP
    Blaziken: Apparently you prefer it over Swampert.
    Hariyama: Belly Drum's power boost can screw you over if used improperly. (you don't have to have that move if you don't want to)
    Shedinja: Shedinja's 1 HP can also screw you over, but if used correctly, can be a major pain in your opponent's side.

That Dergon

Sic Semper Tyranitar
    Years
  • *sigh* I guess I have to assign everyone's teams, since you guys aren't just giving each other teams...

Team: Banette, Blaziken, Hariyama, Shedinja
    Reasons:
    Banette: Dolls are amusing to some. You amused me with your post. xP
    Blaziken: Apparently you prefer it over Swampert.
    Hariyama: Belly Drum's power boost can screw you over if used improperly. (you don't have to have that move if you don't want to)
    Shedinja: Shedinja's 1 HP can also screw you over, but if used correctly, can be a major pain in your opponent's side.
    I assumed the person choosing your Pokémon also chose the number like in the random challenge, but, hey, works for me. Thank you.

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
    Years
  • hello this has sparked my interest, so i will do a ruby version, with five pokemon and my personality points are....

sarcastic, tidy, patient, crazy and funny

P.S i cant trade or hack or any of that other fancy stuff so ruby exclusive pokemon plz

Enigma

Years
  • I assumed the person choosing your Pokémon also chose the number like in the random challenge, but, hey, works for me. Thank you.

No problem. I'm really looking forward to your updates! c:

hello this has sparked my interest, so i will do a ruby version, with five pokemon and my personality points are....

sarcastic, tidy, patient, crazy and funny

P.S i cant trade or hack or any of that other fancy stuff so ruby exclusive pokemon plz

Although you're not really supposed to, you gave me your traits. I was supposed to find them out myself, but I guess I can assign Pokemon easier now.

Sarcastic - Grumpig. (It looks very...sarcastic.)
    Tidy - Beautifly
    Patient - Gardevoir
    Crazy - Spinda
    Funny - Wobbuffet (You can get both Wynaut and Wobbuffet in game, btw.)

I'm pretty sure this accounts for version exclusive stuff, but if for whatever reason it doesn't, tell me. :P

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
    Years
  • thanks sorry bout putting the traits i thoought we were supposed to :)

Enigma

Years
  • Alright, I'll be starting this challenge, since no one else seems to be starting...
    So I'm playing on Ruby, and I have been assigned Slowking, Dusclops, Marowak, Noctowl, Magmar and Furret.

Nvm...challenge complete.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    hi can i have a team for ether emerald
    4 pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    hi can you give me a team after
    pikachu - you seem friendly
    pidgeot - sora means sky in japanesse
    jigglepuff you ave big round eyes
    nidoking - your a boy
    kadabra (since you cant trade) - might be able to work out where you live
    hitmonchan - your a boy

Enigma

Years
  • Alright, thread updated. I'm looking forward to seeing some updates from you challengers. :D

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    I might actually give this one a try
    Game will be Crystal
    5 Pokémon please
    (I can trade so anything first/second gen is ok)

JRoe

Grass Type Lover
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Sure I'll give it a go, I've always wanted to do a challenge, and this seems interesting.

Game: HeartGold
    Pokemon: 5

Well, let's give it a go, sounds interesting!

Game: Emerald
    Pokemon: 6

OK, I'll give you you're pokemon:

Spinda - You said it sounded interesting and a Spinda's spots are never the same twice.
    Solrock - Your profile says 'shining,' Solrock is a 'sun' and therefore shines.
    Metagross - Adamant means 'any impenetrably or unyieldingly hard substance.' Metagross is Steel type and therefore a hard substance.
    Manetric - You have Elesa in your profile pic, she's an Electric Gym Leader, therefore you get Electric type.
    Slakoth - Slakoth is #36 in the hoenn dex, you were the 36th poster. (You Can Evolve if needed).
    Gardevoir - You're female, Gardevoir looks female.

Hope these are okay!!!

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Spinda - You said it sounded interesting and a Spinda's spots are never the same twice.
    Solrock - Your profile says 'shining,' Solrock is a 'sun' and therefore shines.
    Metagross - Adamant means 'any impenetrably or unyieldingly hard substance.' Metagross is Steel type and therefore a hard substance.
    Manetric - You have Elesa in your profile pic, she's an Electric Gym Leader, therefore you get Electric type.
    Slakoth - Slakoth is #36 in the hoenn dex, you were the 36th poster. (You Can Evolve if needed).
    Gardevoir - You're female, Gardevoir looks female.

Gah, so many psychic types! Spinda'll be a little annoying to use, gotta cheat a Beldum in too, which won't be easy to level! D;

Back