• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Edit and Replace Trainers in R/S/FR/LG using NSE 2.1

CyanCerulean

Adorables
Years
  • The Quickest and Easiest Way To Edit and Replace Trainers in R/S/FR/LG

Hello and welcome to my tutorial on how to edit/replace pokemon and trainers in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Leaf Green! The only reason I didn't put Emerald in there is because I haven't tested this method with it, and I don't want to lie and say that it works if it doesn't.

But anyways, the programs that you will need are:

a tool pack with most of these programs (not NSE 2.1 or Irfanview) can be found here!

Click This Spoiler to Get Started!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I think there's a tutorial for this already. Oh well, good work! :) This is actually pretty easy. Just to add if anyone's confuse. I found a video for this tut, here.

Years
  • Great tutorial you explained and made the process so simple. I was just woundering would this same process work on the pokemon as well?

CyanCerulean

Adorables
    Years
  • Great tutorial you explained and made the process so simple. I was just woundering would this same process work on the pokemon as well?
    Yeah! unfortunatly though NSE 2.1 only supports fire red and leaf green ROMS for pokemon sprite editing. I don't know why, it might be a programming thing, but yeah, all of this works on Pokemon too! ^^

I think there's a tutorial for this already. Oh well, good work! This is actually pretty easy. Just to add if anyone's confuse. I found a video for this tut, here.
    Yeah, I made this tutorial because I could never get sprite insertion to work with unLZ, so for anyone else having this problem, I made this post. It's also easier then unLZ and 100% less buggy. And on the whole video tutorial, I'd seen some tutorials for this, but they were all videos, and none of them on PC, so I decided to make this one! :D

Oh yeah, sorry I haven't been keeping up on this post, I didn't think it got accepted...

Years
  • That's awesome and works perfect for me because my plan was to use Fire Red for my hack. I defiantly think your way is going to be way easier then using unLZ. From what I've seen and read it seems to be a complicated process using unLZ, just open to so many issues.

CyanCerulean

Adorables
    Years
  • That's awesome and works perfect for me because my plan was to use Fire Red for my hack. I defiantly think your way is going to be way easier then using unLZ. From what I've seen and read it seems to be a complicated process using unLZ, just open to so many issues.
    That, and I literally cannot do it with unLZ. I found this way, and it is just sooooooooo much more straightforward.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2015
    the post is old but still
    i cant press save when after i load the sprite in
    help please

I loaded the image in, no background is shown, but i just cant press save

Back