• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Previewing user titles

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • You know how you can preview your signature before updating it? Well, I was wondering if there was a way of doing this with usertitles for supporters. You know, since we have the ability to customize them and such. It's a challenge to have to go back and forth several times just to fix it the way you want it. I always want to make sure it looks good before submitting it for others to see.

I'm not sure if this can be a thing. It'd probably be really hard for the staffers. If it is though, I totally understand that. I was just wondering if something like this could be done and how it would work for just the supporters.

Years
  • You know, I was also thinking about this a while ago. I use the customized usertitles quite often, but I usually have to pose as "previewing" a visitor message just to see my template so to have something like this could serve well especially for those staff and higher-tier supporters who use customized usertitles often.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I don't think it's really worth doing, honestly. Good suggestion but it's a very minor issue and there are many other places where you can preview code before copying+pasting in.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    idk why you can't just open up a tab w/ a post of yours and then just adjust the code until it looks good in the post like

Years
  • I don't think it's really worth doing, honestly. Good suggestion but it's a very minor issue and there are many other places where you can preview code before copying+pasting in.

You know, maybe adding this feature isn't necessary after all. We could just preview the code in a post or on visitor messages and such anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I don't think it's really worth doing, honestly. Good suggestion but it's a very minor issue and there are many other places where you can preview code before copying+pasting in.
    idk why you can't just open up a tab w/ a post of yours and then just adjust the code until it looks good in the post like
    I agree on the premise that this is a minor suggestion but I think the mentality of the above replies are counter-productive. It's an extra convenience which isn't actually all that hard to do either. In fact, the code already exists (ie. from signatures). Small tweaks like this are stepping stones to better forum software.

Given that the code for such a feature already exists, and that it would be a pretty useful addition: this is certainly something worth putting on the to-do list imo. If you're going to give users the ability to customize their usertitles to near the same degree as signatures there's no reason as to why this suggestion shouldn't be considered. I don't think the OP should be shot down simply because the lack of a preview button is a minor inconvenience.

Years
  • I am so pleased to see this is likely to become a thing because it really was a colossal pain to continuously go back and forth when I was trying to get mine right and whilst I could have just done it in a PM box or something, that would honestly have been nearly as much needless effort over a colour tag.

Thanks to the staff who are making this happen because even the minor things add up eventually.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i think this is a wonderful idea. i've been always thinking why we aren't able to preview the usertitle or our profile? we see the the example at the bottom in the preview button, but i still don't know what it looks like lol

Back