• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remake a movie in your image

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Simple game here: choose a movie, any movie, and tweak it so it's remade in the way you want it to be. I'm sure there's at least one movie that's pissed you off entirely, and now here's your chance to give it justice!

The only rule is that the basic plot of the movie has to stay the same, it can't be turned from Toy Story 3 into Cannibal Holocaust. But you could turn one Harry Potter adaptation into one you find more true to the books. Otherwise, you're free to change up the cast and plot elements as you see fit.
    The changes can be as lengthy as you like, in fact, I encourage it.

I'll start with a simple one:

Gone with the Wind, starring Iggy Azalea as Scarlett O'Hara. That's it. Everything else stays the same.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Spider-Man 3. I would remove the character of Gwen Stacy and probably put in some other Spider-Man love interest that made more sense to me than her. I would have made Venom debut earlier and not have Harry die in the end.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would have the 2014 Godzilla movie have more than 2 colours in it's palette. And actually have Godzilla in it.

pkmin3033

Take the two Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films and combine them, cutting out all the parts that aren't actually in the book. The resulting film would probably be about an hour and a half long. I'd also remake the final battle between Harry and Voldemort so that he actually dies properly and immediately, and doesn't randomly disintegrate into goldfish flakes. I'd make the giants not look like LOTR CGI rejects, give some more personality to specific scenes (Molly vs Bellatrix was pathetically uninspired, for one) and conveniently forget to add the crappy fanfiction "19 years later" part which ruined the ending.

Do the same with The Hobbit trilogy, combining them into one film that is actually based on the book. The end result would probably be about four hours long...which is the length of the extended edition of The Return of the King.

I would say I'd also remake every X-Men film except for Days of Future Past, but that film already did that job by making everything that came before nothing but figments of Wolverine's imagination, since history was re-written. Thank the gods for that as well...I don't think it'd be possible to salvage The Last Stand no matter what was done to it.

I'd also re-write Spiderman 3 so that it actually made sense. Let's not have the Sandman kill Ben Parker, let's not have Venom be a side villain (for crying out loud, it's VENOM! He's one of Spiderman's most prominent and well-known villains! He is NOT an afterthought!) and let's not have Harry Osborn die randomly at the end of the film. Let's keep Tobey Macguire though - he captured Peter Parker's personality far better than Andrew Garfield ever did. Let's pretend The Amazing Spiderman movies never happened.

I'd also remake Guardians of the Galaxy very slightly to make Ronan the Accuser a better villain, not a brainless fanatic whose sole purpose was to give the heroes something to do. I wouldn't change anything about the film itself, I'd just add some extra Ronan-focused scenes to depict him in a light more faithful to his comic book incarnation.

I'd also remake The Golden Compass to be a decent film, and not a plagiaristic pile of rubbish only vaguely reminiscent of the book that supposedly inspired it. I'd ditch Daniel Craig as Asriel in favour of someone who could actually do the role justice - Ian McKellan, perhaps - but I'd keep Patrick Stewart as the voice of Iorek.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd take The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and make it more about actual magic and less about powerless beasties fighting so that it would actually hold my interest

Oh boy, here we go...

Take the two Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films and combine them, cutting out all the parts that aren't actually in the book. The resulting film would probably be about an hour and a half long. I'd also remake the final battle between Harry and Voldemort so that he actually dies properly and immediately, and doesn't randomly disintegrate into goldfish flakes. I'd make the giants not look like LOTR CGI rejects, give some more personality to specific scenes (Molly vs Bellatrix was pathetically uninspired, for one) and conveniently forget to add the crappy fanfiction "19 years later" part which ruined the ending.

Let's keep Tobey Macguire though - he captured Peter Parker's personality far better than Andrew Garfield ever did. Let's pretend The Amazing Spiderman movies never happened.

Are you and I gonna have a problem?

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Some spoilers may come up, obviously.

OK, so I have a big problem with how the Hobbit films went down. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad necessarily. But they weren't great either. As films alone, they're cool, but most will be linking them to the trilogy that came before them, LOTR, and next to them they don't compare.

Firstly, I have read the books, but there are so many factors that come into play about the books and movies, that I understand that every film can't be a perfect adaptation to the books, which I will also agree with when I recreate it myself. I will keep certain elements of the books that I like, add a few things I remember, and boom, let's do this.

Ok so primarily, making this into 3 movies, while ambitious, was totally uncool. They added a lot of crap in there that was pointless. I would have liked it if the added content actually did something for the characters, like some character depth for some of the dwarves or something, but instead they chose to use it on a lot of fan service and development of established characters. Like, great, we know Legolas is there, but can you focus on other people instead? They did it best in the second movie, in which they fleshed out most of the dwarves at some point or another. Not all, but I thought they were heading in the right direction. Then Battle happened.

But I digress. First, cut the movie into two films. Three was way too long. Next we start chopping anything I don't feel is necessary to the story. For me, in the first film, it'd be anything with Radagast the f*cking Brown. He was really, really, poorly made. I'm not entirely familiar with the actual character, but as I understand, he was a much better concept in the Tolkien world than the films, in which he was some kinda Jar Jar Binks comedic relief. Next, take out those Galadriel-Gandalf scenes (from all the movies, btw). I don't get that. I get the fan service, but really? Are they like supposed to be a thing or something? The White Council meeting was cool in the first film, but not entirely necessary. I might leave this one in, though, for the fan service. I don't entirely like the idea of them discovering Sauron here, with the blade in the meeting though, because in reality, I didn't think Sauron had a real link in the Hobbit films. Directly, at least. I get that they tried to link it to the LOTR, but come on.

I'd also throw in some more interaction with some of the dwarves, to establish their characters. They did a bit of that in them with certain parts, like Bofur's talk with Bilbo in the cave before they met the goblins. I would have liked to see a bit more of that. I understand that there's a lot of them, but...

The second film improved on the first. The dwarf characters were more fleshed out, they had personalities of their own. I knew what at least half of them were about. Kili obviously had a bit improvement here with his love interest, Tauriel. I know it wasn't in the books, but I don't mind it too much actually. Fili also had his moments here for his brother. Bofur had his, Bombur was the typical fat-guy dwarf, but he at least had an identity. Dwalin was the stubborn, Gimli-like dwarf. So yeah, big improvement. I'd still take out the scenes with Radagast the Poo. Having Legolas in here was cool, but I'd lower his role a bit. I get that he ought to have been here, but I felt adding even more to his character took away from the new one's chances to develop.

Also, I know it would reduce Ian Mckellen's role, but I'd take out all of the Dol Goldur things. I mean, I get they're trying to allude to Sauron returning and stuff, but as I understand in the actual Tolkien lore, he found out about that place and the Necromancer like a thousand years before or something, I think? I could be wrong but if I'm not, this really insults the wizard's intelligence by making him in the dark on this the entire time. Sauron doesn't have to have a large role here to be meaningful and impactful.

So the third film, just alter how it all went down. Again, take out the Dol Goldur things. Gandalf could actually be like he was in the books, making minor appearances and disappearing for long times without much explanation. I think the mysterious and ominous aspect of it would contribute to his wizardy-nature. Yes that's a word now. This probably includes taking out Galadriel, Saruman, and Elrond (even though I adore the actor) from the third film as well. I didn't like the entire battle basically. I'd redo how it all went down. The way it started felt like meeehh, OK there's a battle? Let's do it. I felt no attachment for it, not in the same way as LOTR. They did do a few cool things there, but I just felt at some point they were just having the battle there to... have a battle. At some point, I almost forgot they were having one because they cut away to Thorin, Kili, Fili and Dwalin's bit with a bit of Legolas sprinkled in, and I guess they just decided to get rid of the entire battle happening below as well.

So maybe we could divide the battle with showing scenes between that bit and the war below, and since we would have established the characters (the dwarves) in the previous films with the extra interaction I would include, we'd care about the battle and the other dwarves fighting. Or better yet, not really have them leave, but instead be all apart of the plains battle below, and that's where everything went down. I don't mind too much that the dwarves with Thorin enter later, because it made for an awesome scene, but I didn't really have anyone to connect to among the cgi dwarf-elf army, so it made the first part of it a little "whatever, they might die" for me. Also, the eagles again? Let's nooot have them be the deciding factor again. They could come in at some point, and maybe balance the tide, and help win, but please don't make them be the thing that does it again. Or at least make Beorn's role bigger, because was supposed to wreck sh*t.

Also, a few smaller aspects I would change. Bolg, son of Asog was an actual guy in the book, leading the army at the end there. I would actually have that scene in the first film where they flashback to the battle with asog and thorin becoming Thorin Oakenshield show that Asog did die, and that Bolg was there. And instead, any fights that Asog would have had with Thorin would be replaced with Bolg. That might take away from the climactic encounter on the cliff at the first film's ending, but I would actually change it so that the ending is much later on since it's two films and we chopped a lot out.

I would still keep the speech Biblo gave to Thorin about "home" in that scene though, because I really liked it, but I would include it in the real films ending, which I would probably put right after the Barrel rolling part in Mirkwood. I think i could probably easily alter it so that Thorin still has animosity to Bilbo up until he frees them from the prison there, and maybe have a final encounter with Bolg at the exit with the barrels as our last thing, if we have to have it.

So the first film would end with them looking toward the lonely mountain following the Mirkwood barrell riding scene, and just before they meet Bard.

Second film picks up right there, and we go from there to the ending. With everything we cut out about Dol Goldur, and things, it could turn out to be about 2 films approximately 3 hours long, which is fine by Peter Jackson's Tolkien standards.

TL;DR: Two films instead of 3. End the first one after Mirkwood. Cut out all of the parts with Radagast the Brown, and the Dol Goldur things with Gandalf. Take out Asog and use Bolg instead. Take out Saruman, Galadriel and Elrond from films two and three. Lower Legolas' role for the third film. Add in character development for the dwarves instead of focusing on estabished characters. Alter the battle of the five armies to include the other dwarves and don't have them separate Kili, Fili, Dwalin and Thorin from the rest of the battle. Don't make the eagles win it just by arriving again. Lower Sauron's involvement overall in the films, his presence was waaay too obvious for the premise of the first LOTR.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Return of the King. The confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch-king of Angmar made Gandalf look like an idiot. I would give the White Wizard the respect he deserves as a Maia.

Back