• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi

poniko

gots a weasel
Years
  • i'm poniko, nice to meet you! :)

i've been playing pokemon for years on emulator and only recently i purchased myself an 2ds with pokemon alpha sapphire. i'm still slowly enjoying the main story and i gotta say it's been one of the most fun i've had with videogames.

pokemon has been in my life since i was 4, and it was probably the cartoon i watched the most (alongside with dragon ball), so i have a lot of fondness trough the franchise. other than pokemon i also play team fortress 2 (played it for about 5 years "competitively") and dota 2 - i actually watch it more than i play, since i'm not really good with mobas.

i love music a lot, and i'm always looking for new artists with different styles. some of my favourite musicians/bands are frank zappa, ween, les claypool/primus, mike patton/mr. bungle, animal collective and more.... i also know a lot of brazilian music (i am brazilian) and some indian too.

well, i think that's all... it's really hard to write an introduction thread really. hope i can met nice people and learn new things!

sincerely, poniko.

ps: sorry for the meh english, i still need more training >_<.

Years
  • And hello back to you Poniko! It's such a pleasure to have you here with us at PC, and there's so much you'll be able to see and do while you're here.

Don't worry about your English skills, you'll be accepted in just fine. In fact you'll definitely be able to improve that as you get involved and from what I've seen it appears you've done a bit of posting already so off to a good start there! Awesome to have heard you got into Pokemon at a very young age. I was sorta introduced to Pokemon around then as well, but I think I was a tad bit older than you were when I started getting into the franchise.

I happen to be a music lover myself, and I do have a bit of unique taste myself so maybe you might learn some new stuff to get into, especially over in the Culture & Media board where there's some nice topics worth checking out.

Anyways, it's been great to have welcomed you and I'm sure you can stick around for a long time. See you around for now, and feel free to hit me up with a visitor message if you want someone to talk to!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are two of the greatest games they have released in recent years; it's a good idea not to miss out on them, haha.

How are you enjoying AS thus far? Is there anything you're strongly fond of? Anything you dislike? Personally, I've gotten myself a copy of OR, and definitely had fun playing. So far, I've gone through two play-throughs. I'm considering to give this game another run, but I'm not precisely sure when to start.

Anyway, welcome to PC, Poniko; it's good to see that you've joined us. Hope you like your stay here! If you're in mood for some chat by the way, please don't hesitate to send message to me; I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

Years
  • Your English is better than a lot of others' I've seen.. in fact, I've run into people who are much worse at it despite being born in the US haha. So you're good to go, plus you'll get to practice by being here. 8] Welcome to PC, Poniko!

OR/AS are some of the best Pokemon games around and are such fantastic remakes - hard to go back to the original R/S/E now with these wonderful updated games. Glad you're enjoying them so much. -^^- I've put over 230 hours into Alpha Sapphire and am still going strong whoot. Have a good time on the forum and do ask if you need anything at all, yes?

poniko

gots a weasel
    Years
  • thanks for the replies, everyone!

Hikamaru - thanks! i'll be checking the culture & media board for sure. ^_^

Peitharchia - my time in AS has been great! since emerald was the last pokemon game i've played, the animations/graphics naturally blown me away haha. i gotta say the dexnav is probably my favourite feature - makes hunting for pokemons way more fun and rewarding - but all the other pokenáv features are amazing as well. i can't wait to fully explore hoenn - diving and flying around must be really fun!

Archer99 - hehe, it is really cool to see someone who isn't that far away from me around here. thanks :)
    hmm, my favourite region is kanto because nostalgiaaa! i still have lots of memories from the anime... so even though the new gens are more developed kanto still has a place in my heart. as for games, pokemon gold was the one i played the most on emulator, so i'll go with it. wish i had a gba back in these days...

Sheep - wow, thank you! that means a lot! and i'll looking foward to practice it even more!

see you guys around!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Alrighty then! Welcome to our forums! If you need any help out on where to start your journey with us, I suggest you check out one of our many Pokémon clubs! I'm a member of the Poison type Pokémon club which can be found here! Other than that, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask our more senior members on how things work around here or where things are! I hope you'll enjoy a very active PC career with us! Happy posting!

Back