• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash Fiction #2

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • Welcome to the Flash Fiction competition! This is going to work a little differently than last week, with this taking two weeks instead of one. The reason for that is I would like to try a voting phase where we decide a winner. It could make the competition a bit more interactive and fun. But, a little more on that later. For now, let's take a look at some of the rules:
    • The story must have something to do with the prompt.
    • The recommended amount of length is anywhere between 100-1,000 words.
    • You may submit more than one entry per week.
    • All participants must vote on the second week.
    • There's not a limit on what the story can be about. Pokemon fan fiction, nonfiction, other fan fiction, original fiction, and poetry is all fair game, as long as it relates back to the prompt.
    • Once the story is complete, post it in the main section with a link to it here.
    • Each thread will stay open after the next thread has already been posted, so feel free to still write about earlier prompts.
    • Have fun with it! This is a really casual competition, so don't stress about the small stuff.
    So more about that change. The first week hasn't really changed at all. You're welcome to submit whichever story you want, and post here saying you have. At the start of the second week, I'll open up the voting. Everyone is allowed to vote, whether or not they participated in the actual competition, but the people who did enter something, have to vote. In order to vote, all you need to do is send a VM or PM to me with the story you want to win, and I'll add it to the tally. One more thing, you can't vote for yourself. I know it's kind of common knowledge at this point, but I know someone is going to try it.

Alright, I think that covers it. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below. Without further ado, here's the prompt for the week:
    Spoiler:

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    This Flash Fiction competition sounds really neat! The prompt gave me a great excuse to finally write about one of my favourite Elite Four members, and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Here's my entry!

~Psychic

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Alright, now we move on to the voting phase. Since there are only two entries, I'm not going to require the participants to vote, since they don't really have a choice on who, haha.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wait... A voting phase? For what though?
    Never mind. I wrote my fic for the second flash fiction, thinking that the rules were the same as the first flash fiction's. ^_^

Back