• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Dream World Ou team please

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I actually just started so i dont really know how to build a team, so please help.
    Infernape@leftovers
    blaze
    252 atk/ 252 spe/ 2 hp
    adamant
    stealth rocks
    mach punch
    flare blitz
    endure
    he's my sucidial sweeper. not the best but i think it fits with my team (i could be very wrong)

Dragonite@wide lens
    multiscale
    252 atk/ 252 sp atk/ 4 spe
    Rash
    dragon rush
    hurricane
    extreme speed
    aqua tail
    obviously he is the mixed sweeper. He ko's about two pokemon before he faints.

Cloyster@white herb
    skill link
    252 atk/ 252 def/ 4 hp
    adamant
    icicle spear
    shell smash
    razor shell
    rapid spin
    he's my spinner and my physical tank, but he faints quickly sometimes

Chansey@Eviolite
    serene grace
    252 hp/ 128 def/ 128 sp def
    bold
    softboiled
    blizzard
    thunder
    substitute
    Chansey is an amazing wall and turned out to be an excellent staller. Plus serene grace+blizzard is a good combo

Reuniclus@flame orb
    magic guard
    252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 sp atk
    bold
    trick
    focus blast
    psychic
    recover
    this is my special tank.

Jolteon@air balloon
    quick feet
    128 hp/ 252 sp atk/ 128 spe
    modest
    roar
    wish
    volt switch
    thunderbolt
    My jolteon was really meant to be a wisher, roar the opponent, and be a tank, but it turned out to be a really good special sweeper.

I think i lose more battles than win. I will do anything to improve my team.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you wanted a mixed Dragonite, that really... isn't appropriate without rain to help it out - sure wide lens helps accuracy, but with so many attacks low on accuracy it isn't really as effective. :( You're better off going for the safer mixed version:

Dragonite@Life Orb
    Multiscale
    252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Rash/Mild
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower / Brick Break
    - ExtremeSpeed / Roost

Which is higher accuracy and higher power, plus your old set had no coverage against steels.

Jolteon isn't really an appropriate tank because of its defenses and such, are you playing on PO or in-game? If on PO, replace Wish with HP ice so you can hit ground/dragon, and shadow ball for extra coverage. Volt absorb is also the superior ability since... yeah, already fast.

On Chansey, the accuracy of those attacks is pretty poor outside of the appropriate weather.

Chansey@Eviolite
    Natural Cure
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Bold
    - Wish
    - Protect / Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

If you want something to abuse serene grace, try Jirachi or Togekiss instead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can see where you're going with suicide lead Infernape, but Endure doesn't gel well with Flare Blitz because the recoil will shave off its last remaining HP. You're better off using this set:
    -Fake Out
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Blast
    -Close Combat
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 64 Atk/252 SAtk/192 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

or
    -Endeavor
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Vacuum Wave
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

To elaborate on what Nica said about Chansey, it doesn't do well offensively because of its very, very low Special Attack.

And to add to what she said about Jolteon, Vaporeon is a better Wish supporter than Jolteon is. You can use Vaporeon if you want to continue supporting the team with Wish:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Scald
    -Toxic/Ice Beam/Roar
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb

For Cloyster, don't max out its Defense without maxing out its HP first because doing so would make its bulk ineffective. Your current set looks like a sweeper set, so use Shell Smash instead of Rapid Spin and change the EV spread to 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe and the nature to Jolly.

If you want to use Cloyster to Rapid Spin, then change the set to this:
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rapid Spin
    -Spikes/Toxic Spikes
    -Surf/Ice Shard
    Nature: Relaxed/Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/84 Atk/176 Def
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Skill Link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I tried out what both of you guys said and wow i won my battles in a landslide. Thanks

Back