• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, where have you lived?

Jayce

x-kid
Years
  • Let's all look past the slightly creepy-sounding title, because it's the best I've got for ya right now.

I always like to hear where people have come from, so I thought this might be an interesting topic to start. Have you lived in the same place your entire life? Did your family move around?

I've moved a fair bit, so far I've lived in Vermont, New Hampshire, California (San Francisco), and Oregon (Portland). The order was something like: Vermont > San Francisco > Vermont > New Hampshire > Vermont > different town in Vermont > San Francisco > Portland. And later this year I'll be moving either to Boston or back to Vermont.

So, what about you?

edit: and I just now noticed that there is a recent thread related to moving, but I think this one is different enough to stay? whoops

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I used to live in Maine. I was actually born and raised there until about 13 or 14. My dad thought the climate in Arizona would be better for him. Now, we're kind of regretting it because things aren't working out. We can't move back because it costs too much to do so, and we don't have the money for it.

We did move a lot in Maine before moving to Arizona. We also moved around a lot in Arizona as well until settling in Gold Canyon. We haven't moved since then and have no plans to move again.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Washington: Renton, Auburn, Puyallup, Seattle (I'm from here), Tacoma, other places.
    Oregon: Seaside, Portland, Blackbutte, Sisters
    California: Southern.
    Also a few other states, and even Guam. But Guam was so long ago and I don't really care too much for Montana, Arizona and a few others. I've moved well over two dozen times in my live. I have no friends that I've grown up with or keep in touch with. Suits me *sob* just me and my caffeine will make it through the day. . .

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Now, this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down

I've lived in Fort Sill, Fort Carson, Huntington WV, Columbus, Charlottesville VA, Colorado Springs, Raleigh, and southern Charlotte. I want to get out of the States.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I lived in Hawaii briefly when I was very young and I stayed in Rhode Island for a little while so that was fun while it lasted.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • For the last 20 years I have lived in New Zealand and still plan to for a while. Have only moved house once and that was when I was 1 to another part of the city, but never to other countries.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been living in Sweden all my life, except for a month in France some years back.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Born and raised north of Barrie, ON. Moved to Montreal, QC and was there off and on for a few years. Resided temporarily in Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC. Came back home and had a weekend residence in Kitchener, ON. Now I live in Ottawa, ON for school.

My boyfriend's family is from the Owen Sound, ON area so we go there often, too ☺

Years
  • Let's see...

Born out in Washington state, moved to Florida - Orlando, to be exact - when I was two years old or so (so I don't remember WA at all). Moved up to Connecticut when I was about five, moved to Georgia when I was eight, at which point I stayed there until I moved up to where I currently am (Pennsylvania) about five years ago.

(Because of living in Georgia for so long, I've actually had people ask me before why I don't have a southern drawl, haha.)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • My parents were both in the Navy so,

I was born in San Diego, California
    Moved to Brunswick, Maine before I turned 1
    Moved back to San Diego before I turned 2
    Moved to Jacksonville, Florida right before my 4th birthday
    Moved to Springfield, Missouri when I was 22. Still living in Springfield :3c

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Kinda surprised at how many people posted living in new england at some point. I've lived in the same place in Massachusetts my whole life. I would really love to move away one day, possibly alone and just start over. We'll see what life has in store.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've lived in Orange County, California all my life (more specifically the same city) though I'm looking for a change of state. Specifically where the cost of living is significantly less.

Years
  • I lived in the same house in a tiny south-eastern Oregon country town for my first 18 years of life. Then I moved to Eugene Oregon for 1 year. I now have plans to move to Portland later this year.

Years
  • I've been living in the southern Sydney area my whole life, and only at two addresses in my lifetime. I have been in my current residence, which is only the next suburb down from where I used to live, for around 17 years now.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My dad was in the military, so we moved a lot.

I was born in Arizona, moved to Maryland, then to California, back to Arizona, all the way to North Carolina, and finally one last cross country move to Washington. I might have moved a couple more times when I was younger, but I don't remember, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't have any plans set in stone to move away from Washington, but depending on how these next few years go, I might have to move across the country again.

Back