• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's The Weather Today?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hail & Drought because it's both cool and chilling. I dislike sandstorm because this weather is eyehurting in RSE and needing googles also I don't like rain due to people abuse the rainy power

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I personally like the sunny weather, 'cause I really like to abuse my Solar Beam haha. Although rain and Hurricane as well as Thunder works out, I personally don't like it. Idk, I just don't like it.

Sandstorm is also a favorite of mine, since it provides chip damage to anything that is not Rock, Steel, or Ground type nor has the ability Sand Veil or Sand Force. It's a really fun weather to use.

Hail is my least favorite as there's so few Pokemon aka. Ice types and Magic Guard Pokemon that negates the chip damage from it. And Ice types are so frail, especially the only one that could set it so far which is Abomasnow, that you can't really make the hail last for long.

Design-wise though, I like Hail the most.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Favourite is probably Sunny weather, not only can you use Solarbeam in one-hit, it also powers up Fire-type moves iirc. Hail is decent too since it gives Blizzard a 100% accuracy hit when set up.

Years
  • I've found myself using Sunny Day and Rain Dance a couple times, but never Sandstorm or Hail. The former two give me more use with moves like Fire-type attacks and Solar Beam, or Water-type attacks and Thunder, respectively. And as mentioned, Solar Beam covers all three of the average Fire-type's weaknesses, which is a plus.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Visually, my favorite is snowstorm (particularly the one in Snowpoint City). It looks really cool in the games and makes me feel like I've entered a completely new game with it being so.

In terms of usefulness, hail (a very similar one) is my favorite. Ice-types are my second favorite type after grass types, and hail is perfect for them. In my run of Pokemon Platinum, I actually used a level 40 Snover in the Elite four just for its ability, Snow Warning. It kept on fainting most of the time but the hail really game me an advantage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd say it's a tie between sun and rain.

Sun, on one hand, gives boost to fire- and grass-type hits, if I'm not wrong, and weakens strength of water attacks. Sun is easily summoned with Sunny Dance, and would become even more easy if we happen to have some Pokémon on our team that has Drought ability (good example of this would be Ninetales). Rain, similarly, is not very difficult to take out, either; it could be done in an instant. When it's raining, we get power raise in water-type moves.

I've utilized both weathers in strategies before while battling, and they seemed to have worked flawlessly; am definitely a big fan of them. Aside from these two, I'd say one of my other favorites is hail.

Back