• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone ever wondered......

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    How do Pokemon fit inside of pokeballs given the size of some they must be squashed to death

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe they're bigger on the inside.
    I LOVE YOU

Pokéballs come from Gallifrey, easy.

Ok srs though. It's the general consensus that pokémon somehow shrink when they go inside a pokéball. Some say they literally shrink and live in some sort of little room or world in there. Others (like me!) prefer to think of it as the pokémon turning into some kind of energy form and half-conscious dreamstate inside a pokéball. Or inside a computer, for that matter.

I mean, sure, it's cute to do like they do it in Pokémon Adventures (manga), with transparent tops instead of red tops on the pokéballs and the pokémon peeking out at their trainers in their shrunken forms. But how nice is that really? Prison-like, rather.

Years
  • I think when Pokemon turn into that red light, that is just the method of transforming them into smaller versions of themselves, where they just rest. But it must be a little cramped because Pikachu doesn't like being in there!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    I think they're converted into data, and the Poke Ball is basically a hard drive.

Dazel

prince of mind
    Years
  • I agree with AFeralFury. Anyone want to hear the long answer? Good.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    So this is it i guess :) And im just typing these to make my message at least 25 characters

MeetMeInUtopia

Do You Think you can tell...
    Years
  • I LOVE YOU

Pokéballs come from Gallifrey, easy.

Ok srs though. It's the general consensus that pokémon somehow shrink when they go inside a pokéball. Some say they literally shrink and live in some sort of little room or world in there. Others (like me!) prefer to think of it as the pokémon turning into some kind of energy form and half-conscious dreamstate inside a pokéball. Or inside a computer, for that matter.

I mean, sure, it's cute to do like they do it in Pokémon Adventures (manga), with transparent tops instead of red tops on the pokéballs and the pokémon peeking out at their trainers in their shrunken forms. But how nice is that really? Prison-like, rather.

I like the thought that the pokeballs are bigger on the inside and are built in way to help make the pokemon comfortable and live healthy lives.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    It's all a misconception. Basically the light you see coming from the PokeBall is not in fact a transporter beam, it is in fact a destructive lazer. Your pokemon gets utterly destroyed and disintegrated into dust. Then when you re-summon your pokemon you simply spawn one of the many other identical copies that inhabit the world. Ash's Pikachu knows this and thus never "goes in" a Pokeball

To put it another way, it's genocide. Glad I could clear that up.

Fedarik

Guest123_x1

I always thought that Pokémon turned into a type of energy field/vapor so that they could fit inside a PokéBall. When a Pokémon is called out of its ball, the ball releases the same energy field, which then recomposes as the Pokémon that it caught.

Back