The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 9th, 2014 (11:40 AM).
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanB500 View Post
how does one run SEA in Wine and where would i find this so called "Wine"
Wasn't the point of SEA to be run without Wine?

Thanks to JPAN, Jambo51, Shiny Quagsire and knizz for teaching me almost everything I know about hacking, through tutorials or in person.
Old October 9th, 2014 (07:02 PM).
Turtl3Skulll
Blue Turtl3

Nature: Bold
Quote:
how does one run SEA in Wine and where would i find this so called "Wine"
You don't. You install Java, and then run the file either by double clicking it, or running it through a command line.
Old October 23rd, 2014 (03:05 PM).
JordanB500
Former Pokemon League Champion

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtl3Skulll View Post
You don't. You install Java, and then run the file either by double clicking it, or running it through a command line.
Sigh. Advancemap cannot read .jar files so Wine would be great for Advance Map and if i could get wine i could run sea and my problem would be solved, otherwise it is the only thing keeping me from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtl3Skulll View Post
run(ing) the file (through advancemap)
No offense

Old October 23rd, 2014 (05:59 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2014 by HidoranBlaze.
HidoranBlaze

Quote:
Sigh. Advancemap cannot read .jar files so Wine would be great for Advance Map and if i could get wine i could run sea and my problem would be solved, otherwise it is the only thing keeping me from

No offense
I thought you were saying you had to run SEA through AMap to use it for a second there lol. Assuming you're using a Mac, isn't there a dual boot option for Windows? That should solve your problems. Also SEA probably isn't worth using right now, so there's that.
EDIT: If you're using Linux, then just wait for MEH I guess?
Old October 23rd, 2014 (06:54 PM).
Turtl3Skulll
Blue Turtl3

Nature: Bold
Jordan, If you're running on Linux, just install Java & SEA will run, to run Advance Map, You install Wine, which you'll have to google depending on your distro & then you just select Advance Map inside of wine.
For Mac, download "WineSkin", "WineBottler", "PlayOnMac", or Manually Compile Wine from WineHQ
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links