• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Writing and Role Playing Accomplishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
Years
  • What, in terms of creative writing, have you accomplished? Did you win any awards back in school? Did you ever get anything published? Have any of your role plays become legendary on any message boards? Do tell!! :D Consider this like a job interview, so don't be afraid to brag!

I myself started role playing some 6 or so years ago (back when I was around 15). I was considered one of the best role players on a fairly large and well-known message board (points to S*T in sig) and have since worked my way up to becoming an OOC Mod, and then was promoted to a Global Moderator there. I also am the Admin of my own role playing forums which are getting kick-started.

As for writing, I'm going to an art school and have been networking there with my instructors, one of whom, whose class I'm actually in right now, has published over a dozen books himself and he's been coaching me on agents, publishing houses, and working me up towards writing my first stories and getting them published. Another instructor of mine has encouraged me to write my own children's book, since I do art as well, so that I could illustrate it. I still have a lot to do though.

Years
  • This this belongs in the Roleplay lounge ^_^ But then Dai could be fine with this.

Anways. I started role playing when I was...14-15 on SPPF forums...yeah I was crap then XD but then the forums weren't that fussed on the roleplay area at the time until they turned up the heat a year later XD. I hung out there alot and got a mod position in the RPG forum and then I came here after some time fitting in and got a mod position in the RPG forums here too but was too busy to keep up with it XP

I'm do love writing and have been mentioned a few times in college for some of my works, but of course that's college XD and I'm studying art int he hopes of studying animation or film and video (hopefully the later) ^_^

Last edited:

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • (Oops - sorry if this is the wrong area. ^^' Still trying to figure out where everything goes!)

Wow, that's great that you got to mod positions at different boards! :D Lol yeah, I too was horrible at role playing when I first started. I think most everyone was. It's not something you can just jump into, unless you're a decent writer.

Awesome! Getting mentioned in college is certainly an accomplishment. ^_^ Sounds like you already know what you want to do. Best of luck!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, so far really nothing. I have an essay entered in a contest for the Veterans of Foreign War(VFW). I hope that I can make it past local, 'cuz then I have some money towards college. It is for younger kids. I am twelve.. I really do hope that I make it past local.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I don't have anything too special myself; nothing's been published, and I've never become a noteworthy (or good) mod for forums concerning rps and stories...

However, I guess I have two or three small, personal accomplishments:
    1. a fanfic I worked on got up to forty pages (front and back); that's the longest I've ever worked on a story, given my inspiration-levels constantly going down all the time.
    2. a roleplay I was in lasted six-months; the longest ever single-storyline rp I've been in thusfar.
    3. in my own right, I've become a fairly well known good rper in the little circles I do heavily rp within.

Yeah... nothing special to talk about; just my own little personal accomplishments.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Two years ago I won an English award for a Children's Lit story I wrote/illustrated called the Robotic Rabbit; which I also wrote for school and got a fairly decent mark on.
    I am currently writing an actual story- its.... 45 pages roughly right now... computer typed single spaced, or in other words its just shy of 23,000 words....
    I have written about a dozen short stories/one act plays- one of which has been preformed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back