• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Emerald Team

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
  • So i'm thinking about a new run on Pokémon Emerald. What are your recommendations for a team? Here's some stuff you might wanna know:

In every run of Emerald, i always picked Mudkip. So if you're gonna recomment Torchic or Treecko, please explain how i should work with them.

Should i grab Taillow or Swablu to be my flier? I don't really feel like grabbing both, and i need a flying type in my team.

I'm picking either Altaria or Flygon to pull off the Dragon role. I don't really like Salamence. You get him way too late.

I am not going to grab Slaking. Don't even mention him. If i wanted a Normal type, i'd pick Exploud.

I'm not sure about Aggron, so you tell me if i should pick him or not.

Anyways, that's it!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I went through the game picking Torchic and it was really useful. And was pretty fast (I think I had a speed inclined nature I forgot to check) but mostly it hit like a truck so if you need a fast physical attacker then pick Torchic. You also get coverage of Steel, Rock, Ice, Grass, Dark, Noraml. Which is pretty good coverage! Ok as for your flying type it mostly comes down to whether you want the fastest mon in the hoenn games or a really powerful altairia. I would go for speed over brawn but it is your choice. Also Altairia is part dragon so it gains resistance to water, fire, and 4 times resistant to grass and then take neutral damage from electric types attacks. However you are 4 times as weak to ice types and still take a lot of damage from rock type attacks.

I don't have a comment for the dragon types that is up to you.

I also think you should get a dark type instead of a normal type (absol would be perfect but you can do mightyena too. Note there is a dark type that has no weaknesses that you could use but it kind of sucks without it's ability to mega evolve. *points at sableye*)

I know nothing about aggron. If I picked a steel type and didn't have a flying all ready I would go ahead and grab skarmory (My favorite steel type) cause it can take a hit and it is immune to ground type attacks unlike aggron.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • I've already used Skarmory on my last run as the Fly slave and he was useful. He didn't do much in battles, due to its Fly/Agility/Spikes/Steel Wing set, but i liked using it.

Also i'm considering Torchic, Absol and Altaria currently. Also, do i need a Grass type? If i do, i'll swing by either Breloom or Ludicolo. The two are good and appear really early in.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You don't really need a Grass type, but Ludicolo is a Water/Grass type, and Water types are more useful. Besides, Breloom is a Grass/Fighting type, and Torchic evolves into a Fire/Fighting type. So I recommend Ludicolo.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Something that can learn Electric type moves like Thunderbolt is very handy for a game like this. Good Pokemon that can learn it include Manectric, Magneton, Gardevoir, and Raichu.

As for your last Pokemon, you could go with pretty much any Pokemon you want.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Ninjask is a really good option for your team! It is lightning fast, has a decent offensive stat (plus access to swords dance) and can pass its statboosts to other team members by using baton pass. He can Also learn Shadow ball through tm! I know most people consider it a creepy bug, but I think they're really cool. Most definately worth considering.

Altaria is an OK dragon type, but it's far from being the most powerful one... Flygon packs a lot more of a punch, tbh. It has access to more moves as well! (Mine has Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Claw and Fly) Dodrio is also a fun alternative for a flying pokemon, its attack is even higher than that of Flygon. It is hampered by a poor movepool though.

The safari zone also offers some nice Pokemon for your team, Pinsir and Heracross are both powerfull Pokemon. Donphan and Rhydon pack a serious punch too, despite being a tad slow.

Defesively speaking, a pure water type would be anice addition to your team. Late game is filled with water/ice pokemon, and having one that resists both types sure comes in handy. Lanturn and Starmie have a fantastic combo with Surf, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt.

Hopes this helps you!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Note Pikachu can have more attack than Raichu if it is given a light ball so you can have a raw power thunderbolt or you can use a fast Raichu with a weaker thunderbolt and some other item. Pikachu can use agility though to raise speed 2 stages. So you can have a fast raw power Pikachu however if Pikachu gets hit with a physical ground attack after or before agility it will die.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Heracross, Glalie, Rhydon and Manectric all sound good to me, thanks!

I think i'll put Manectric as the 5th man, so now all i need is a 6th!

Also i've already used Exploud and it is a BEAST. Absolutely loved using one.

Current Team: Blaziken, Ludicolo, Absol, Manectric, Altaria

Back