• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Okay, Im having a major problem.
When I battle someone or open up a menu that completely covers up the screen,for example the bag screen, I take control of another sprite with weird colors and my original sprite freezes. Heres a picture.
PokemonSilverIce_02.png

See,next to the statue?Thats what I control.
It only happens in this map though.Can someone please help?
That kind of thing happened to me on Route 3 in my game.
Try setting the guy next to the statue from "look down" to "no movement ".

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
Is there a way to remove the shaking inside the RSE truck? You know, in the very beginning. Apparently, changing the starting map changed nothing, so I'm just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
That kind of thing happened to me on Route 3 in my game.
Try setting the guy next to the statue from "look down" to "no movement ".

Thanks a lot,that fixed it.

EDIT: Well, it fixed that problem but another one came up.
I cant open the start menu.

EDIT:I fixed it mysteriously.

Last edited:

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I really need these answered asap:
What is the flag to get the national pokedex in Fire red
and
what is the hexvalue for Bagon in a givepokemon script?

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Bagon's hex value is 395.
I put it in this script but the game freezes
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x395 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x829
setflag 0x828
release
end

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Is there a way to remove the shaking inside the RSE truck? You know, in the very beginning. Apparently, changing the starting map changed nothing, so I'm just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

You are going to have to wait for HackMew's upcoming tool, IntroEd. It will have Truck Scene Removing Computability, opening up a lot of new things for R/S/E

I've been wondering, and I know how to edit cries (to an extent). Is there a tool where you can put a seperate cry for the 25 free spaces? As in, can you add cries to a free offset, and can you use those cries? If not, that might be an idea for a tool.

Find the offset for the cry of the ??? Pokemon, then you are going to want to search for a pointer to that offset. Essentially, it is exactly like repointing the image of the ??? That I posted how to do on the previous page.

Bagon's hex value is 395.

No, that is NOT Bagon's HEX value.
That is Bagon's DEC value. (In the decimal number system.)

If you use Decimal, you are going to want to REMOVE the 0x prefix, XSE will know it is Bagon, OR, just type in 0x18B, THAT is Bagon.

Also, The National Pokedex Flag for Pokemon Fire Red Version is not a Flag at all. It is a special command.

special 0x16F

If you are trying to give the player the national pokedex, use that Special command AFTER you give the player the pokedex.

setflag 0x829
So, to give the national pokedex, use these two commands like this:

setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
Okay?
(Also, if you are using XSE, and I am pretty sure you are, you are going to want to take a look at the files that come with it, namely the Guide (Press F1 while XSE is open) AND the .std files that are in the same folder as XSE, they have most of this information inside them.

Last edited:

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
Quick questions...

Hey, quick questions..
1. Is there a way to not let an event happen unless you have an item?
Some kind of 'checkitem' thing in the script?
2. How do you script a legendary event? Is it just scripting a wildbattle and changing the hex of the wild pokemon to what one you want?
3.What is the hex value of Teddiursa in Fire Red?

Oh and.. When i try inserting my own sprites, they show up fine after importing into unLZ-gba, but they dont show up in game, they are just invisible? any ideas?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Find the offset for the cry of the ??? Pokemon, then you are going to want to search for a pointer to that offset. Essentially, it is exactly like repointing the image of the ??? That I posted how to do on the previous page..

Well, I know the cry is the Unown cry, for all 25.

That isn't the point though. I want to add a completely new cry. As in, without deleting any of the old ones. No program has the option of adding NEW cries without deleting old ones, or repointing cries, as in giving pokemon cries that are inserted into free space. I want to know how to do it.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Erm I tried to delete one of the maps in my hack and now all of the maps are gone and everytime I open the rom in amap I get a crap load of errors. Is there any way to recover the rom to when it had the maps?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Erm I tried to delete one of the maps in my hack and now all of the maps are gone and everytime I open the rom in amap I get a crap load of errors. Is there any way to recover the rom to when it had the maps?

Unless you had backups of the hack, you are pretty much ruined...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well, I know the cry is the Unown cry, for all 25.

That isn't the point though. I want to add a completely new cry. As in, without deleting any of the old ones. No program has the option of adding NEW cries without deleting old ones, or repointing cries, as in giving pokemon cries that are inserted into free space. I want to know how to do it.

Well, is the cry already made? Like, is it already in the GBA format?
I don't know exactly how it works, like if cries are listed in the pokemon's info to be a pointer or not, but if it is, you could just insert the cry into the game and have it point to it. If it is NOT in the GBA format, but it still uses pointers, you can find a pokemon's cry, and remember the offset of it. (Best to use one of the longest cries, like Jynx)
Then you just copy the entire cry into a text document or something.
Then you just use the cry inserter to insert over Jynx.
Then, you go BACK to Jynx, and copy your NEW cry to a text document.
Now, you just get your old Jynx cry, reinsert it back into it's place, and then insert your new compiled cry into free space, and have the game point to it.

Now, if the game uses a table to do it...(I.E. 1=bulbasaur, 2=Venusaur, instead of pointers)
You might have to either manually repoint the entire cry data, or find a way to edit the table. But I can't help you much there.

How do I edit the gym badges in ruby?

Go into the VBA, and get all of the badges, then go to your trainer card, now, click 'Tools' and click 'Pallet Viewer'.
Save the pallet.
Now, Open up a program called Tile Molester. (make sure you have the edited one,.
You are going to either get the offset of the badges from someone, or search manually.
When you find the badges, load the pallets into Tile Molester, and from there, you can edit the badges, it is just like drawing in MS paint.

Not to worry, A-Map makes a backup of your ROM every time you open it in the editor.
If you kept on opening it afterward, you had better hope you have another backup.
There should be a file with an extension of .bak
That is your Backup, that A-Map made for you. Just rename the last part .gba, and then test it in the VBA. If it is also a broken ROM, you will need to find another backup, or restart. Sorry.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Hehe yeah I'll have to restart :|

Anyways ma new question:

Could somebody give me the offset for the trainer backsprite in Ruby?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hehe yeah I'll have to restart :|

Anyways ma new question:

Could somebody give me the offset for the trainer backsprite in Ruby?

I would suggest searching in Tile Molester manually... Builds Character. LOL That and it helps you get used to searching for things on your own instead of always asking in here.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I would suggest searching in Tile Molester manually... Builds Character. LOL That and it helps you get used to searching for things on your own instead of always asking in here.

I have been searching and I can't find it, ergot why I asked if somebody already had the offset and so I could stop searching XD.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
No, I found the offset but now I need to find the palette's offset XD Do you know of any programs that will help me with that?

Oh, that is easy, you don't need it unless you are editing it.
Are you planning on editing it or no?

Okay, There's a tut on Documents and Tutorials Section called Textbox Editing and it's by thethethethe. Now I know you want to find he badges but the tutorials shows how to find the offset for the textboxes in Tile Molester.

(Now this is a test of your reading skills.) USE THE SAME METHOD FOR FINDING THE TEXTBOXES' OFFSET TO FIND THE OFFSET OF THE BAGDES IN TILE MOLESTER.

o.0 Umm, Pokepal... he is not asking about the badges...
He is asking about the Backsprite pictures for the trainers...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back