• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The legend of Arceus

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    SO, basically, I was bored an decided to make something like this:

You explore different areas, each of which is assigned a type or type combination based on a Legendary.

There are about 55 stages, give or take a few, I forget the exact number of legendaries.

As you advance, they get tougher and tougher, but you can find things in the dungeon, and you can level up your Pokemon.

And yes, it wouldn't be a Pokemon game without the ability to Catch 'em All!

To get started, pick any starter Pokemon that has been used in a main game. (Other than Yellow, don't worry)

RULES:

1. No cheating. I decide things like the layout and the enemy moves. I have seen people do this before, so this is kind of a safeguard.

2. The official RNG stuff will be used when necessary.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    closing because can't use pikachu </3

no, i'm kidding. Actually, i'm not going to choose a starter yet. But I want people to know that while Squirrel closed something like this I'm not going to. We've had similar RP-esque threads in the past here because things like this wouldn't belong in the roleplay theater. This is more like a choose your own adventure sort of thing, but with more RNG.

At least, that is what it looks like to me. Either way, Pokemon Trivia should be more than just chain games, question/answer and so forth, and this time kinda breaks that. So it's staying.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Alright then, if Ash says so, I'll try it. However, could you please expand a bit more on the game play? I don't really have a clear view about what will be going on. Is everyone playing together or by themselves? When we've picked a starter, what'll happen?

Let's say I pick Fennekin, can I? What's next?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I was unsure whether or not to jump on this, but if other people say so then sure. As Lycanthropy said, we need a bit more clarification on this.

I'm picking Treecko, by the way. I love that thing =3

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    Alright guys, sorry for the inactivity, you can choose to team up if you want, but otherwise you are alone.

Also, you are allowed to revisit previous dungeons, but you are responsible for keeping track of what you have caught once that Pokeball clicks!

All added.

Thundurus (Therian) Dungeon. Going off Serebii's rankings by base stats here, not counting mega / primal forms. Lowest to highest.

Dying: You see 3 pikachu.

Strider: 5 Voltorb

Lycan: 2 Pidgey

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Well I'm already screwed. These Voltorb are probably gonna explode as soon as I try to do anything.

(How powerful are these Voltorb, and how powerful am I?)

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    Don't worry, i won't have them use Self-destruct... I'm not THAT evil

Although be prepared for them to use it later on in the game, i'm not gonna kill you off right away though.

About half your power.

And no, the Pikachu have non-elemental moves, not Thundershock.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Alright, so coupled with the fact that Treecko's resistant to electric attacks, I should be fine if I'm able to fight them one on one and manage to catch one of them, right?

i'm totally gonna fuck this up somehow

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Ah pidove just kill them to get some to I hate that bird the most even pidgey is better xd

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I wanna catch a Pikachu, do I just say I caught one, have to do some random number generator thing, or do I say "I want to catch Pikachu #1" and you roll a die or something for me? Sorry I'm a bit confused but if it's the first one hot dog.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    How about we try to confront one of these Voltorb and then try to catch it, why not.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Sorry I don't know how to turn of android spell corrector.
    I mean I dont like pidove so I will just get some xp by fainting them

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    Yes, catching is RNG, but you are allowed to weaken.

If you want Ditto, but your loss.

Strider: Well, the other 4 will attack you.

Dying: If you want to catch one, say what type of Pokeball you are using. If you want to weaken them, they are level 5.

Back