• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map file format / structure?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Hello.
    My friend (Pokemonmasteraaron on this site) and I are both blind. He's developed games in essentials in the past, however the map editor isn't accessible for him to use. We're looking for the specifications for the map file format. With this information, I plan on developing an alternate editor which will be both accessible and able to produce maps which will be compattible with Essentials.
    Is anyone able to provide or link to information pertaining to the map file format? We need to learn both how the map files are structured, as well as which values represent which tiles etc.
    Thanks.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Hello.
    My friend (Pokemonmasteraaron on this site) and I are both blind. He's developed games in essentials in the past, however the map editor isn't accessible for him to use. We're looking for the specifications for the map file format. With this information, I plan on developing an alternate editor which will be both accessible and able to produce maps which will be compattible with Essentials.
    Is anyone able to provide or link to information pertaining to the map file format? We need to learn both how the map files are structured, as well as which values represent which tiles etc.
    Thanks.

It's not a feature of essentials, people need to stop assuming that basic RMXP files have anything to do with the starter kit. The information is hard coded into the file, so unless you know exactly how to open the coding of the file, you're pretty much stuck, as I have doubts there is anyone on here that's bothered to figure it out.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The RMXP files are not associated with the Starter Kit.
    Your best bet to ask would be on a RPG maker website or Forum.
    Or, message Enterbrain and hope for an answer.

Back