• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I need some help with the script
I checked everything in Advancemap for the vars they are all correct

Spoiler:
well sence its a applymovement you have to make sure the unknow is 3 and var value is 4050

tool

Novice Hacker
Years
Posting again because no one answered me.

Spoiler:

This is Maxie(The Team Magma leader)'s script on Mt. Chimney.
I don't want Archie(The Team Idro leader) to show up and say anything at all, so after the battle with Maxie, he says something to you then he and the Magma grunts disappear.
Can anyone help me?:\

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
can someone please tell me whats happening here?

i put the trainer ID for a trainerbattle but when i am playing the game it apears a different trainer, so tell me, is the trainer ID in A-Trainer used for the script or is there something else used so that the script works?

Please ANSWER!!!
In A-Trainer, the number of the Trainer is the Trainer ID. There's a list of trainers on the left, and if you look you'll see it's numbered. Those are the Trainer IDs, if you've made them into actual Trainers.

And in XSE you would write it like this:

Trainerbattle 0x(type) 0x(Trainer ID) 0x0 @(pointer to challenge text) @(pointer to defeat text)

Also, remember that all values are in hex.

Well, I still don't understand what's wrong with this.
Issue 1.
Whether you select yes or no, it says you took the Pokemon.
Issue 2.
The Pokeball doesn't disappear even though I have "hidesprite" and "setflag" in place.
Spoiler:
You wrote the script so that it gives you a pokemon anyway. I fixed it in bold, hopefully you can understand what I did. And... Why did you use the Loadpointer command?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
repost

how do you make it so a person event spearow battle happens, then that person event, and 2 others dissapear?

xse scripts please. for all 3.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
You wrote the script so that it gives you a pokemon anyway. I fixed it in bold, hopefully you can understand what I did. And... Why did you use the Loadpointer command?

I'm not sure why I did that. I don't think I used Loadpointer in the original script, but I forgot to save it. I totally understand what you did. Thanks for the help cooley. :]

Edit: It works, but the Pokeball still doesn't disappear.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm not sure why I did that. I don't think I used Loadpointer in the original script, but I forgot to save it. I totally understand what you did. Thanks for the help cooley. :]

Edit: It works, but the Pokeball still doesn't disappear.

Give the Pokeball and ID code which is the same as the flag that you set.

So if you did setflag 0x1000, give the pokeball in advance map and ID of 1000.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Still doesn't work :/
I set the ID to 828, checked that it was the same, and it was.
It just doesn't disappear.
Anything else that I could possibly do?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Search for Cooley's level script tutorial. It's a must read before you even attempt level scripting.
I can't find that tutorial, I've thoroughly looked through most of the guides available on level scripting, decompiling is hardly mentioned. Do I need to save a different savelog and a different rbc every time? +o+

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I can't find that tutorial, I've thoroughly looked through most of the guides available on level scripting, decompiling is hardly mentioned. Do I need to save a different savelog and a different rbc every time? +o+
I just made another tutorial. It's on the first page of the Documents and tutorials section, you can't miss it; "Creating level scripts".

Mages4ever said:
Still doesn't work :/
I set the ID to 828, checked that it was the same, and it was.
It just doesn't disappear.
Anything else that I could possibly do?
Well, you probably have the same person number as another sprite on the map. Please check for that possibility..

But if not, I think it's because for the "hidesprite" command, you put:
hidesprite 0x5C

Do you really have 92 sprites on the map?

If not, then create a new sprite and make sure it's a reasonable number, like 1-20 or something.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
repost 2

how do you make it so a person event spearow battle happens, then that person event, and 2 others dissapear?

new question

how do you make a tree headbuttable?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
repost 2

new question

how do you make a tree headbuttable?

You'll have to learn to script, asking for someone to make a script for ya wont work too well...
Also, about the headbuttable trees, there is are multiple threads that have this info, you just have to SEARCH for them.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Thanks cooley.
I thought that you had to hide the Picture No. instead of the person number.
Thanks again~

Okay, I made a new script, but every time I make a change to the script, it reverts back to what it was before I edited it.
Help please :D

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Trigger Trap 'S' on A-Map.

Spoiler:

After the movement, it says freeze! I hade the Unknown as 0300 and varnumber as 4050, and varvalue as 5000 (I tried zero also but it was really no difference.) Eh... Help?

Last edited:

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
@Naturekeeper
You forgot the 0xFE at the end of your movements.

EDIT: @sniper x; While setting the flag will make it dissapear, it will only dissapear when the player re-enters the map.
You could use a hidesprite command or make it dissapear using applymovement for a quick fix, so the player doesn't see it temporarily, and once the player comes back into the map, it will be gone.
Though I don't recommd using applymovment, since the player could still press A, and it would freeze.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
You didn't answer my question.
When I edit the script, and recompile then save, it reverts back to what it was before I compiled it.
That's what I asked.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You didn't answer my question.
When I edit the script, and recompile then save, it reverts back to what it was before I compiled it.
That's what I asked.
You probably have the old version of XSE. But before I can answer your problem, did you repoint an offset after you decompiled it? Or did you decompile and edited a few things and recompiled it?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I decompiled, then I edited a few things (Added a fadescreen and a pause) then recompiled it with the same offsets.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
how do i write a script on xtreme script editor to the rom? i can sort of write the basic scirpt but dont know how to put it onto the game

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I decompiled, then I edited a few things (Added a fadescreen and a pause) then recompiled it with the same offsets.
Always repoint if you're adding things. Especially if it's more than one byte you're adding. In your case it's six bytes, so it'll definietely overwrite some data. Try to repoint, or compile to a new offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back