• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
(sorry for my Englisch. I'm dutch and my Englisch is not very good.)

You now you are in the game for example Pokémon Emerald than you must battle against Rayquaza you see the icon of Rayquaza and as you talk to the icon than you come in the battle. My question is: How can I import such a icon as Rayquaza but than as a Deoxys? I can't find it in the tutorial topics, so thats why I asked it.

Please help me (or maby you can give me a link to a tutorial).

~SKRoy

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I get my GB/GBC/GBA Roms to have the default program to open them be VBA? I try to set it as default and it opens up the Roms with Adobe Reader instead of VBA when I click on them. How do I fix this? Also I set my GB files to .GBC and that made them play in color for awhile but now there playing in black and white again. How do I force the color back into them?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2010
What are all of the offsets for May's in battle sprites for Pokemon Ruby? (back sprites, rival battle/ trainer card ect)

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
Years
Every time i load Platinum on no$gba v2.6 it says POKEMON PLATINUM(E).sav(on the box this appears on it says no$gba-FATAL
The used to work fine(besides the slower walk speed but hey......) and i could save.This message just popped up one bad day.....
Please tell me their is a way to recover the save game and fix the game or whatever the problem is. Diamond and Pearl work fine too so I don't think it's the emulator but I'm not sure. If addional information is needed juts tell me

Thank you

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
Can you play Pokemon Azure Horizons on the psp?
I patch azure horizons ips to fire red and I get a BAK file, I need a GBA file to play on the psp

You just need to rename the file to .gba and it'll work.

blue4ever222

=^.^=
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
I have mac and VBA won't save.

I have the "save states" foler in my vba folders, and i don't know how to save. For a while it popped up with an error every time I tried, (i forgot what it said) But like now I set it to full screen, and it doesn't have that little menu on the top so i can't try saving. And every time I exit out of full screen it crashes. I'm using a mac.

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
Years
When ever I save in some roms, ( Saving the normal way, I want to do this because once i saved on the vba all the way through Shiny Gold and after i would beat the elite four i would, and couldnt get anywhere, because after you beat it, it restarts, and saves to the game* )

I get a "Save error", Please exchange the backup memory. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I get game systems like the Wii to sense games I burn to a DVD and play it like it was the real game disk?

WorseRookieTrainer

40yr Old Virgin
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2010
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, hopefully someone can help me.

Is there anyway to link with Visual Boy Advance SDL? (sadly this is the only Emulator to work on my PC)

Is there a DS SDL version or one that is in the works?

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
VBA 1.8.0 keeps on closing out on me while I'm playing Metroid Zero Mission. How do I get it to stop doing that?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
When playing platinum on no$gba i get some 'microphone wave failure' error and it crashes. No where on the internet seems to help. Any ideas?

PokeWe

Yo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Is there any way to edit items like pokeballs on your rom? I'm sure there is I just haven't found out how.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
I am sick and tired of my videos having audio out-of-sync. good examples are on my YouTube account, after a minute or two, the audio becomes really out-of-sync. I'm wondering if it's the codec I'm using (Microsoft Video 1) or my sound card. If it's my codec, tell me a better one. If it's my sound card. Well, I'm out of luck. unless you can fork out $500 for me magically, tough luck for me.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Are there any programs for the 3rd generation that can edit Pokeball effects? Like making certain types more likely to catch. (NetBall for example)

Back