• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Semi-competitive team

ZElectricfear

Legendary Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2012
    Please go easy on me i have never done any competitive pokemon but i want to start and a also need another Pokemon i'm out of ideas. Also anyone know how to explain EV training?

In no specific order...

Espeon
    Physchic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm mind
    Singnal Beam

Typholsion
    Flamethrower
    Rollout
    Double-Edge
    Eruption

Lucario
    Darkpulse
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite
    Fly (LOLOLOLOL)
    Aerial Ace
    ThunderPunch
    Dragon Rush

Lapras
    Ice Beam
    Safeguard
    Hydro Pump
    Sheer Cold (more lulz?)

6th Unknown

Please rate and give me tips and tricks. I'm open to criticism.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For Typhlosion I would recommend Focus Blast and either Earthquake or Wild Charge to replace Rollout and Double Edge there since you'll get better coverage in general.

For Lucario I'd give it Swords Dance, Close Combat, and either Crunch or Stone Edge to replace Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Dragon Pulse so you can have a menacing physical sweeper that can wreck your opponent's team in the blink of an eye.

For Dragonite I would give it Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, and Earthquake over the current set you got there for the same reasons I stated with Typhlosion and Lucario.

And for Lapras I would recommend something along the lines of Thunderbolt or Ice Shard to replace Sheer Cold since OHKO moves are banned in competitive play and all.

Hope that helps.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This should clear things up a bit.

Anyway, on with the rate.

Espeon should always use the Magic Bounce ability, since that's what makes it so good now. Use Hidden Power (Fighting) over Signal Beam or Shadow Ball, since Espeon is walled by Steels at the moment.

Typhlosion isn't very good in OU because of the prevalence of Stealth Rock. Eruption does give it somewhat of a niche though:
    -Eruption
    -Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Grass/Electric)
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Dragonite should also use Multiscale because it's what makes it bulky. Like Espeon, it's walled by Steels. Fly is too easy to get around competitively because the opponent can switch to something that can take the attack the next turn:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake/Roost
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale

or
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/44 Atk/212 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale

OHKO moves are banned because they require too much luck to work. Lapras' stats are suited to supporting (and even sweeping for the surprise factor), but its defensive typing is weak. Cloyster is a somewhat better choice because of Shell Smash, despite the defensive leaning stats:
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe or 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: White Herb/Lum Berry/Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Ability: Skill Link

Back