• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Tales of a New Generation (PG-16)

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
  • I wasn't saying I should get it outright, I'm only saying I'd like to be taken into account. Meaning, I'd like to be one of the candidates.
    Personally, I'd like Blaziken to get it, but it's up to him whether he has the time to do so.

I didn't mean to come across as someone who wanted to take over, I was just saying that I'd like to be considered. Sorry if it came across like that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Agh. I remember signing up for this. It was so under, that I did kind of forgot.

However, I'm still interested in continuing this RP so... yeah. I'll vote for a new GM if we do decide to do that.

(However, I'm not very experienced with being a GM so... count me out for that.)

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Well that's sorted then! We'll have to keep in constant communication, but it should work.
    Now we just have to wait until RHCP returns, and we can start!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I'm fine with that~

It sounds pretty interesting if we can pull this off actually. :> Now the waiting... begins. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, since it was more than a week since the GM was online, and wayy more than a week since he showed any interest in this thread, and since you guys have been debating this for quite some time now, I give you permission to take over this RP.

Though, wait, who exactly? Blaziken15?

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Name: Selene

Appearance:

Born and raised on a small island in the Sevii chain, Selene's appearance is exotic to say the least, with very tanned skin. She has straight, jet black hair that falls to mid-waist with side bangs that frame her heart-shaped face. Her features are angular, sharp cheekbones and a curved jawline. Her eyebrows are straight above her wide dark brown eyes, with long sweeping lashes. She is generally content with her features, save for ears that stick out too far and a nose that she feels is disproportionately large for her face, although it is straight with no bumps despite the number of times she has fallen flat on it.

She is around 5'6 in height, and of a slender, athletic build due to her training as a long distance runner since early in her youth. When it comes to clothing, Selene appreciates practicality over style. She opts for simple, light clothing that she can move easily in, generally a plain tank top with khaki or demin shorts and military-style boots. She wears a neutral palette, although she accentuates with a pop of colour here and there: a bright headband, sparkling studs or an eye-catching bag. There are, however, two items of jewellery she never takes off. The blue Lapras pendant and sapphire ring given to her by her Grandfather on her fifteenth birthday. She guarded these with her life.

Faction: Trainer (Although would there be any opportunity to defect to Team Dawn later in the RP?)

Personality: If you were to ask someone who had only just met her, they would probably describe Selene as 'quiet' or 'reserved.' And to an extent they would be correct, on first meeting Selene prefers to take a back-seat in any kind of group interaction. She observes the group, gauges the personalities and the dynamics, only contributing where appropriate and preferring to stay on an amicable level with everyone she interacts with.

However, once Selene feels comfortable with who she is with this quiet and reserved exterior quickly vanishes. She is a very sociable and bubbly individual, who will always opt to be with a group of people rather than remaining solitary and she will always look for the best in people rather than the worst, no matter how hurt she may get in the long run. She is a confident girl and is secure in her own beliefs and values. However, she is very stubborn and will not easily change her opinions, whether they or right or wrong, and this can make her quite difficult to deal with at times.

History:
    Raised on the smallest of the Sevii islands as an only child by her mother, Selene lived a relatively sheltered life before she left her island paradise to begin her pokemon journey. Her island had approximately 120 inhabitants, 40 of whom were children, of mixed ages and genders. All 40 children went to the same school in the centre of the island, where conventional subjects such as math and science were rejected in favour of ecological lessons and survival skills. Whilst this was good on the island, Selene found this difficult at the beginning of her pokemon journey, particularly when attempting to communicate with those older than her. She has largely overcome this obstacle now, but it does sometimes reappear and can make her feel uncomfortable and insecure.
    Athletic capacity was a prized trait on the island, and so Selene's Grandfather encouraged her from a very young age to train as a long distance runner, often sending her running laps of the island with the family Ponyta. Her training often involved pokemon, and she developed very close bonds with them, exploring the island with them and helping her grandfather train them. Her family encouraged her to become comfortable around pokemon, and always insisted that she would one day have her own pokemon. However, as much as Selene pestered her mother, her mother was inexplicably wary of bestowing a pokemon on her, and ultimately it was her grandfather who gave her her first pokemon before his death, when Selene announced that she wished to begin her pokemon journey.

However, Selene's main reason for wishing to start her journey was to find her father. Her mother had never disclosed the identity or location of her father, being deliberately evasive and removed whenever Selene asked questions. Her Grandparents were similarly closed, and Selene couldn't extract any information from any of them. Since she was a small girl, she had dreamt of who her father may be – a successful pokemon champion, a top scientist, an authority on breeding, and not knowing was a constant issue in the back of her mind. One night, she happened upon a snatch of conversation between her Mother and Grandparents: "He will never return from the mainland, The Boss will ensure of it, Selene must never know." What this meant, of course, Selene didn't know. No exact name or location was provided for her father, but it reawakened a powerful desire inside her to find him. She knew he was at the mainland – which admittedly enveloped millions of people over 5 different regions – but no matter how long it took, she would find him.

When she was 15 years old, her Grandfather passed away. His parting words were encouragement for Selene, telling her to always follow her dream, and never to give up no matter how hopeless it seemed. With these words etched into her mind, Selene packed the bare minimum of her belongings, and hitched a lift on a fellow islander's Lapras to the mainland, a bunch of change in her pocket and only her pokemon for company. And she never looked back.

Starter: 1st – Swablu
    2nd - Shinx

RP Sample: (This is from a long, long time ago, I like to think my abilities have improved somewhat since then...This sample comes from a gifted trainer (think X-men style) meets pokemon RP)

[FONT=&quot]"It's for the greater good Amber." spoke the President from behind his large desk in the Oval Office, surveying the young girl in front of him. "You and I both know it, the weather in Afghanistan is too hazardous for our troops, yet the guerilla warriors thrive in it, all I need is for you to tip the climate in our favour, a bit colder, more rain, and so the Afghan scum can't function well." He watched her closely. "You know it is for the best. Amber, think, if you do this the war will be over in months, if not weeks! We will finally root out those extremist bastards and end their reign of terror!" Amber shifted nervously in her seat, her dark eyes flicking back and forth from guard to President. "Yes mr President Sir...I understand fully. And of course I will comply, I will do whatever you wish Sir." she smiled dazzlingly at the President who merely nodded and went back to his paperwork, waving his hand dismissively. Amber rose from her seat, leaving the office with a lightheaded feeling. She loved serving her President. It gave her a real sense of purpose. And he had saved her from...where did she come from...well, wherever it was. Truth was, Amber wasn't even her real name. It was the name the CIA had given her when she was brought to America from...Malaysia! that was it. Her father was a US diplomat in the country and her mother...she didn't know about her mother. But her father had died in a tragic speedboat accident and the president had brought her to the USA. She was extremely lucky, she thought looking at her smooth black hair and tanned skin in a mirror in the bathrooms, that the President had taken pity on her and decided to save her from a life of servtitude in Malaysia. He was a brilliant man. And she was glad to be able to use her power to manipulate the weather and water to serve him.[/FONT]

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • SelenaStar, as fas as I'm concerned, you're accepted!

Now we just gotta see which of these RPers are still interested. Guys, can you reply if you still wanna do this?

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • Here is my SU:

Name: Boyd Stone

Appearance:
    Boyd is a 6'2 Caucasian Male with a black Keith Urban-like Hairstyle(Someone tell me what that is called). Boyd has quite an athletic build even though it is covered with a black pin-striped suit. Boyd's other clothing pieces include Black Dress Shoes, A black pin-striped Fedora and tops it off with a pair of aviator sunglasses. Although it isn't noticeable, Boyd has a silver ring in it with a Sapphire in the centre.

Faction: A Custom Faction(If allowed) called the West Coast Platoon, commonly known as the Suits.

Personality: Boyd is known to some as an Al Capone Wanna-be. He is noted by many for his Charisma, Captivation and Chivalry. He is feared by many including nearby residents,Fellow mob members and even certain Individuals from Team Dawn. Boyd does his best to distract himself from all emotions, although anger always finds its way to creep in. This anger of his is always traceable to one thing: his over-inflated ego. Boyd's ego had gotten him into trouble multiple times and it likely will many times more.

History: Boyd Stone is the son of a very influential Pokemon Champion in Hoenn named Steven Stone. Boyd was encouraged by his Dad to go on an Adventure in this new region to find his calling in life. Boyd accepted this chance and took off to this new region. Boyd found an executive apartment indowntown(Once cities are named, I will fill this in). Boyd created this mob with two other trainers looking for a place to live and a Leader figure. Boyd filled this need for the two boys. Boyd's Mob grew to the size of about 30 people in a short time. After only 3 months at this new region, Boyd became a powerful figure in this region. He was soon faced with a rival, the Notorious Team Dawn. Boyd still writes home to his family, usually covering up his Mobster Lifestyle.

Starter:
    1.Dratini
    2.Machop
    3.Beldum

RP Sample:
    My RP: The Cryptex.

Also, is there a map or something of the like for the region?

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • It's a good character, the personality sounds fun to play. However, I'm not sure if an entirely new platoon is a good idea; it sorta is like creating your own plotline, and it could just confuse matters.

Would you be able to play Team Dawn's leader instead? If not, then can you give us some more information on the Suits?

I'm not sure yet, so for now you're pending.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • The Suits:

The West Coast Platoon, commonly known as the Suits, are an upstart criminal group in the region. They are led by Boyd Stone, the son of Steven Stone. The Suits operate much like a Mafia group, which Mr.Stone often likes to emulate. The group likes to deal in many illicit activities that gain profit. Although the group is comprised of mostly younger people, the group is widely known for their power amongst the Region. As their namesakes say, they are based at the Western part of the Region and wear Dress Suits.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Yeah, but what do they stand for? If they are just a crime gang, then they wouldn't be rivalled with Team Dawn because Dawn are after a particular goal.

If they are like the Mafia, then will you be controlling all NPCs? How active are they? What do they do in the region? Will you recruit?

Even so, I'd rather see what my co-pilots think before I accept. Until one of them returns, you're still pending.

Back