• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Worst Johto Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2015
    Unown, is not only the worst johto pokemon, but pretty much the worst pokemon ever (in my opinion). it's useless in battle and boring design-wise

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Agreed on Unown. Terrrrible pokemon. I only ever use / used the Ruins of Alph to get a Natu. The whole alphabet thing that fits into its lore doesn't strike me as terribly interesting, either.

Instant IP

EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
    Years
  • I can't say I'm thrilled by Hoppip.
    "Oh hey, I caught a wild Hoppip! I wonder what kind of moves it has?"
    >Splash
    >Synthesis
    To the PC with you, Hoppip.

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
  • Zubat in my opinion. The amount of them in caves make it impossible to explore caves without repels.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I have to be nominating Stantler! It's just so uninspired! It was mentioned once previously so at least someone can relate to me. There's just absolutely nothing memorable about the poor guy for me unfortunately.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • This is my favorite generation of Pokemon, but there are still some i don't like!

Igglybuff
    Bellossom
    Misdreavus
    Girafarig
    Snubbull
    Granbull
    Smeargle
    Tyrogue
    Smoochum

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • 'Fraid I'd have to go with the Hoppip and Ledyba lines. Served no purpose to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    Always liked Sunkern/Sunflora probably because it got its own episode in the anime way back when. Zubat is the most annoying just from caves. I guess Johto-specific would have to be Unown. What trash.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Hoothoot. So... so annoying.

However, I actually like Dunsparce. It's a powerhouse in the main game IMO.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Back before it got an evolution, Yanma was my most hated pokemon. Couldn't stand it, still don't ever want to see it on my team. So crappy. I'd rather use a Dunsparce.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    Well I have played Gold enough to know a few of the less talented pokemon. My first and foremost has to be Jumpluff. It's move pool is not very good. It's stats are fairly low and it is a grass/flying making it weak to fire, ice and poison, which are some of the more common moves. It gets outsped by most other pokemon and is a real pain to train. I still like Jumpluff for it's cute design but as a competitive pokemon you can do much better and only a little worse with a different selection. So far as I can tell the best moveset this pokemon gets is giga drain, toxic/poisonpowder, synthisis and leech seed.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not a fan of quite a few Johto Pokémon, particularly the ones with no evos that don't really stand out like Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Girafarig, and Delibird.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • I had both Hoppip and Dunsparce in my party back in gen II. Believe me they are cool and funny partners to use.
    When it comes to thread; I guess worst (or weakest) pokemon in G/S/C is Delibird unfortunately. However, I love Delibird too. He is very cute and adorable pokemon. :)
    Btw, did you know that "Deli" means "Mad" or "Maniac" in Turkish? :laugh:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Also going to go with Unown. I can't think of any other Pokemon more useless than this one. Even Caterpie has more utility. I hope they remedy that by giving it a Mega or SOMETHING to stand out with.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'd say Teddiursa and Ursaring are my least favorite of the Gen 2 pokemon. Cute, but I never fell in love with them.

Back