• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I rarely cheat so i never thougbt about that thanks so much! I am out now and have the radio tower returned to normal now, but after discovering how awesome walk through walls was i stumbled upon......."drumline" STEVEN! He was on route45 far right wall (must have walk through walls chheat on)if you talk to him you initiate a battle, i was lvl 35 pokemon team against his onslaught of 60s steel pokemon

Years
  • Greetings! I have been playing beta 2 of this hack; so far it has been amazing, and I can't help but marvel at the quality of the scripting :)

I do have one question though: Has anyone caught a Gastly in this game? As of typing this post I am at Sprout Tower looking for an addition to the team. I have waited and made sure that it was night-time (9:20pm in the emulator with building windows lighted up and all) before going to find one, but so far, only Rattata have been appearing.

EDIT: Saw diego's post above which answers my question

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    Hey guys ! i have to wait too long ? xD i love that hack,best hack ever !
    When you finish the Beta 3, let it be with Lips Patcher,i dont want to start all over again xD OK ?
    Cheers

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • I'm playing this hack with nuzlocke. I hope I can finish the Johto quest without any problem. Also, one question:
    Can we evolve pokemon with moon stone that evolve by trading?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    One day, when I'm close to death, I'm going to login to the Pokecommunity and find this thread. I will cry and remember all the good times. Hopefully I can play Beta 3 before I die :D

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • I'm still playing and challenging nuzlocke this hack. Btw, you won't believe, I've caught a shiny Geodude! :))

I've got some questions;
    1)Where to find Water Stone?
    2)Why can't we rematch with trainers we have registered in Pokégear?
    3)Do Graveler evolve into Golem by leveling up?
    edit: I learned, yes.

edit2: I've finished the game with nuzlocke challenge. It was a great hack. Can't go to Kanto though. This is the hall of fame ^^
    vLv69A.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just picked this hack up, and I jave to say, the nostalgia game is strong. I'm at the Ilex Forest currently, and I had realized a few things, so I decided to check the forums. My only remaining observation is that the random encounter rate seems a bit high, but it's not really a problem at all. I'd also like to say that it's awesome that you're still working on this project. Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    I just picked this hack up, and I jave to say, the nostalgia game is strong. I'm at the Ilex Forest currently, and I had realized a few things, so I decided to check the forums. My only remaining observation is that the random encounter rate seems a bit high, but it's not really a problem at all. I'd also like to say that it's awesome that you're still working on this project. Keep up the great work!
    You're so lucky to be playing it for the first time. I've been dying for another Beta or maybe the Final product.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I have only a single word to describe this hack..
    AWESOME, Awesome like the dev;)
    Is my favourite Hack<3

Is better then liquid crystal because is more clean and similar at the original game (I love the apricorn system and the new Pokèballs), all features are perfectly implemented.

I've collected 7 badges in a single night XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Omg yes!!! I've been wanting to play an ACTUAL remake instead of other hacks with all that extra weird stuff. I have a couple of questions- will this hack allow trades with other original roms? Also may I ask how your "fake rtc" was supposed to work? Couldn't there be a fake rtc based on the number of steps taken? Ex. every 1000 steps the day would turn into evening, another 1000 would change the evening to night etc..

edit: I see you did include a GB Player in the game, but I have to say some of the bgms sounds weird... like the drum sounds in violet city and the route before entering it is very loud.

I do hope you'll actively work on your hack someday!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Why pokèmon's attack learning system now is similar to the original game?
    I think that it's the only flaw of this hack:(

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Why pokèmon's attack learning system now is similar to the original game?
    I think that it's the only flaw of this hack:(

It's because this is a remake that will stick strictly to what was available in Gen II.
    That means new TM/HM, moves and 3rd Gen Evolutions are not included.
    That includes also the learning moves for Pokemon, it'll be the same as with Gen II and not Gen III.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    If it's a complete recreation of Crystal, with no new gen features, why should I play this instead of just playing my Crystal?

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just asking.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    If it's a complete recreation of Crystal, with no new gen features, why should I play this instead of just playing my Crystal?

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just asking.

It looks better. Also if there won't be 3rd gen pokemon incorporated you can always hack them in, wouldn't you like to use 3rd gen pokemon in Crystal? Also there are abilities and other things that removing would be against common sense.

Last edited:
    Back