• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Discussion

Will you be getting the new 3DS/3DS XL when it is released?

• Definitely!

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Nah, I'll pass...

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    3DS Black Screen During Games

Hey Guys,

I've been having problems with this issue ever since getting my GateWay. My problem is when running ROM's, both scene and personal, it will just go to a black screen and never recover.

My EmuNAND SD card is Class 10 as is my GateWay Red SD, both of which I have performed a Memory test on and they are both legit, so that isn't the issue. Running the GateWay in Classic Mode and then using the legit Pokemon Cart or Mario Kart Cart it works fine, so it can't be the emuNAND SD card. Is there something I have missed with this? I copy the ROM's over one at a time so it shouldn't be a fragmentation issue. Is this a known problem, is it hardware?

Thanks.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Which model of the 3DS is your favorite?

I really like the new NES-styled 3DS. It looks neat and I love the color-scheme. I saw another one awhile back that had beautifully designed color-scheme as well, but I can't remember what model it was.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

I really like the new NES-styled 3DS. It looks neat and I love the color-scheme. I saw another one awhile back that had beautifully designed color-scheme as well, but I can't remember what model it was.

That version just came out recently right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I don't plan to buy the new 3ds unless there's an exclusive that I really want to play. I also stuck with the original DS until the 3ds.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm actually pretty fond of Legend of Zelda 3DS XL. Love how its top is golden, with Tri-force symbol hovering above. Was wanting to get it for myself, but wound up not buying, as I never got the chance. I would do it right now if I were able, but I believe I can't, since it's not available any longer in-store (is it?). Plus, New 3DS is coming up next year, so I think it'd be wiser for me to save money for that instead.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Obviously the Persona Q one.
    Now nothing blocks me from buying a 3DS xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Jesus ;_; I have no idea if I'm going to buy this or not. I still have a buttload of games I have to finish that are on the regular DS/3DS, so I don't think buying a new console and games is a good idea, especially because my 3DS still works fine. I also still have my DS lying around and while the screen is a bit loose, it still works =p I'll maybe get this after a year has passed since its release and their are games that I want.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Okay, its not out yet, but N3DS Black+Orange faceplates. It looks sooo good.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • There's were just announced for pre-order for the New 3DS starting September 20th through Japan's Pokemon Center stores.

Front;
    tcgfeqomnrh55sbrx4sk.jpg

Back;
    e0ygokoy5oior8m9opoc.jpg

The material is suede. Good lord how I want them so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Those new pokemon 3ds' look so awesome :D

I've got a question for everyone too, what's your top 5 3ds games? Mine are:
    1- Pokemon Y
    2- Mario kart 7
    3- Mario and luigi dream team brothers
    4- Tales of the abyss
    5- Sonic generations

Sonic probably doesn't deserve a place since it's a very short game with pretty bad level design compared to the 360 version but I love the music on it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm good with my plain blue/black 3DS XL. :)

Top five games...
    1. Animal Crossing: NL
    2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
    3. Mario Power Tennis
    4. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
    5. Super Mario 3D Land

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Here's mine

Etrian Odyssey Untold
    Pokemon X
    Etrian Odyssey IV
    BIT.TRIP Saga
    Project X Zone

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't really have a specific order, but definitely in my top five are Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, Ocarina of Time 3D, Devil Survivor 2, Pokemon Platinum.

Honestly, I haven't completed a whole lot of 3DS games that aren't Pokemon, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, Ocarina of Time 3D is on top of the list. Have played original version on N64 plenty of times before, and each and every play-through were all equally as enjoyable; being able to play again with improved graphics and functionality was even more fun. Next, are Pokémon X and Y. Was a little disappointed by their story, I'll admit, but their features were top-notch, which, if you ask me, did make up for it.

After those, are Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D, and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
    2. Pokemon X/Y
    3. Professor Leyton and the Miracle Mask
    4. Virtues Last Reward
    5. Mario Kart 7/Loz Ocarina of Time 3DS

These are my favourite 5 that I own. However there are many other games such as Bravely Default, LoZ A Link between Worlds, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Monster Hunter and Pokemon OR/AS (When they come out), that I haven't played but could have featured on my list if I had.

I'm wondering what 2015 is going to be like game wise for the 3DS. There are so many good titles already out for it, and coming out this year, but so far I haven't found much to look forward to in 2015. Hopefully the new 3DS sparks some new titles.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • My Top 5 would be...

1. Pokemon X/Y
    2. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
    3. Kirby Triple Deluxe
    4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    5. Pokemon Art Academy

I suspect this to change soon once future games are released, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    1. Pokemon Y
    2. Mario Kart 7
    3. Kirby Triple Deluxe
    4. Fire Emblem Awakening
    5. Super Mario 3D Land

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Oh boy, this will be fun ranking 3DS games. I'm going to put in a little caveat to begin with and that is to say I don't know how to rank Pokemon X/Y. I've easily put more hours into Pokemon than I have any other 3DS game, but that's because I'm a pokemon fan. Pokemon is as much as hobby as it is a game itself. I don't think I can objectively say that Pokemon is a better game than Fire Emblem Awakening for example, so I'll refrain from ranking Pokemon, but it is definitely somewhere in the top 5. Okay, so here are the rest, in order:

1. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    2. Fire Emblem Awakening
    3. Super Mario 3D Land
    4. Bravely Default
    5. Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

I've probably shown favouritism to my own favourite series (I'm sure most people would have Virtue's Last Reward ahead of Duel Destinies for example), but they're definitely the games I've enjoyed on the system so far.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I'm doing great with my red 3DS XL. The top 5 games for me are...
    1.Mario Kart 7
    2.Pokemon Y
    3.Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    4.Yoshi's New Island
    5.Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back