• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v15] Editor crashes when trying to make a trainer

Sam24

Sam24
Years
  • This has happened a few times and I have gotten past it, but now it's happening every time I make a new trainer and it's very frustrating. What happens is that when I finish making a new trainer the game the game freezes, says that it's not responding and then resets. When the resets happens it crashes because it can't read the trainer files properly. When I look at the PBS file for trainers I realise that a majority of the Trainer battles got deleted (To my knowledge nothing else gets deleted). I have no idea why this happens and it is driving me insane. PS the reason why I haven't updated is because I'm just about done with the game and I don't want to have the strain of transfering data over to be happening. Please if anyone could just help me.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • If I was you, I would just edit the Trainers straight from the PBS, the Editor is bound to cause problems. I always add/edit my Trainers from the PBS notepad directly, never with the Editor.

Sam24

Sam24
    Years
  • If I was you, I would just edit the Trainers straight from the PBS, the Editor is bound to cause problems. I always add/edit my Trainers from the PBS notepad directly, never with the Editor.
    I was going to do that, but it felt a little bit to complex and time consuming. Besides I was able to put in the trainer battles back again while I was playtesting and I've made sure to make backups because the first time it happened it deleted ALL the trainers from the new beta and I had to start all over again! XD
    But either way I think I solved my problem.

Back