• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    You're talking about 16 gadgets, as far as i know, their are only 8 HM's and 2 of them stays HM.
    Does this means that you can upgrade the gadgets ( like old, good and super rod)?
    For example: a small hammer, big hammer and a huge hammer.--> this means that you need 3 sizes of rocks.

Or are you planning to make much more obstacles then we know in the original pokemon games ?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • You're talking about 16 gadgets, as far as i know, their are only 8 HM's and 2 of them stays HM.
    Does this means that you can upgrade the gadgets ( like old, good and super rod)?
    For example: a small hammer, big hammer and a huge hammer.--> this means that you need 3 sizes of rocks.

Or are you planning to make much more obstacles then we know in the original pokemon games ?

Nope to the upgrade part, and Yep to the more obstacles. I'm talking about first converting the 6 existing HMs into:

*Cut - Garden Scissors (or something like that)
    *Rock Smash - Rock Hammer
    *Flash - Flashlight
    *Strength - Push Gloves
    *Dive - Snorkeling Gear
    *Waterfall - Clench Rope (or something of that sort, there will be a small pine on top of the waterfall that will allow the player to throw their rope up and climb it)

On top of that I will make 10 more gadgets, that would help you overcome never obstacles or use for different purposes. One of the newer ones being the transformation of Rock Climb into Grip Gloves. Unlike HMs you will always have these gadgets present once you accuire them, instead of getting annoyed about forgetting to bring a Pokemon along that has the right HM. I won't give away too much details on the rest. Some Gadgets would be just used for certain events, instead of obstacles, like a Shovel for digging up buried items. This is all the information I'm giving on it so far. I've also made the little headbutt trees, into shake trees, so it won't require the move headbutt anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    you can include this:
    For shaking trees to get fruits-Garden Gloves
    You can also make the watering can a gadget
    To restock some food (you said there will be a hunger thing so the player needs to eat- Launch box or Food case
    To sleep when tired- tent
    To brake some of the soft wall(maybe you can put a mark on the wall if it is breakable)- axe or little bomb

I know some of them are not really a gadget but it's up to you

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Is Surf obsolete because of the transportation system or has it just been left out of the gadgets by accident?

bluejays

Novice Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    maybe some parts may require your character to remember and exact symbol or something for later that you can keep and you can use the gadget camera for such cases like taking pictures for heroes part of your game would be to take pictures of rocket members or w.e. bad team it is i forgot and for explorers you can take pictures of scenary which later can be used in the story when seen by certain npcs will activate an event where the npc notices something secret in the background. (it would make story seem more cool xD) The Camera would use solar power or something and requires a couple step before you can turn it on and take more pictures. please ask if you dont understand what im talking about at times.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Nope to the upgrade part, and Yep to the more obstacles. I'm talking about first converting the 6 existing HMs into:

*Cut - Garden Scissors (or something like that)
    *Rock Smash - Rock Hammer
    *Flash - Flashlight
    *Strength - Push Gloves
    *Dive - Snorkeling Gear
    *Waterfall - Clench Rope (or something of that sort, there will be a small pine on top of the waterfall that will allow the player to throw their rope up and climb it)

On top of that I will make 10 more gadgets, that would help you overcome never obstacles or use for different purposes. One of the newer ones being the transformation of Rock Climb into Grip Gloves. Unlike HMs you will always have these gadgets present once you accuire them, instead of getting annoyed about forgetting to bring a Pokemon along that has the right HM. I won't give away too much details on the rest. Some Gadgets would be just used for certain events, instead of obstacles, like a Shovel for digging up buried items. This is all the information I'm giving on it so far. I've also made the little headbutt trees, into shake trees, so it won't require the move headbutt anymore.
    nice :D
    maybe i got a nice idea for the cut HM: the chainsaw :D

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • @cadgod120: HAHA...that's exactly the name I was looking for. It kinda reminds me of Zelda though (the grappling hook in Ocarina of Time for example)

@VORT3X: A big LOL. Though I think the chainsaw would be a bit to brutal, regarding that this is a Pokemon Game. But I love the idea.

@bluejays: The camera idea is something I'll have to properly think about later. I actually have all my Gadgets thought out, and all the obstacles almost finalized. I appreciate the input and great ideas coming though.

Anyways...I did some minor adjustments to the battle system now (haven't looked at it for a while now), so there is not that much change. What I did do, is I blurred the battle background a bit, and removed the grass lines, and also removed the extending bar and made it into a slight arrow.

capture000f.png
    capture001.png
    capture006.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    I can honestly say that this could the most amazing pokemon game I've ever seen when it's finished.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Will there be any gadgets for Defog? Because it isn't used much in the field as it is. If so, though, I'm thinking of turning it into a fan or something.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    It looks nice right now. Well, the pokeball on the bottom screen looked too pixelate compare with your other graphics. My opinion.

Boogieman900

The bringer of PIE!
    Years
  • Looking good and thanks for clearing up my question about the strength thing . good to know someone is doing something other then hacking because not all hacks turn out so good because the person often has no clue as to what they are doing (not that i can talk my self) but anyway keep up the good work also are you implementing fakemon?? that would be cool if you were

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back