• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Grass Starter

Favourite Grass Starter

• Total voters
Years
  • As a person who always chooses grass as my starting pokemon, I wonder who is every bodies favourite grass starter was. So who is your favourite? Personally, mine is Turtwig.

(I will also do Fire and Water, also no Sun and Moon starters, let us wait till the games come out)

Last edited:

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Turtwig and Bulbasaur are definitely my top 2 fav grass starters, but I prefer Bulbasaur over Turtwig because I tend to use Venasaur than Torterra in competitive battling. But otherwise, I love both of their designs, a plant turtle and dinosaur? I'll take it! Plus their typings later on are really nice, (except Ice type attacks against Torterra) they get to learn a wide range of moves compared to Chikorita/Meganium.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • Personally it will always be between Bulbasaur and Treecko for me - two grass starters I've picked quite alot, but I cant not choose a Gen1 starter! Venusuar is an utter beast and I loved using one! Quite happy to say I've done a complete FireRed run with using it as my only Pokemon ;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Turtwig is my favourite Grass-type starter and probably one of my all time favourite starter Pokemon. Treecko and Bulbasaur are pretty cool too!

Years
  • Why was the poll set to only allow one choice because it's hard picking a clear fave...

But based on design alone and the fact 5th Gen is my fave generation (although 7th Gen could face giving it a run for its money) I voted for Snivy. I love the sleek and majestic design with the leafy snake and Contrary Serperior can be a wrecking ball in competitive when used well.

Years
  • The Snivy line is my clear favorite! Regal, cunning, beautiful, and sinister what else could you ask for?

de8b2170b4139e67c4995c127bc064a45f117753d7f1c1326011cb83937eef34_1.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    It's a close call for me between Bulbasaur, Treecko, and Chespin.
    I ended up giving my vote to Bulbasaur, for nostalgia reasons, but it could have gone any way.

And I have a feeling that Rowlet is gonna be a contender in the future.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Grass starter line is the Bulbasaur line, because they got me through many sticky situations with Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and their overall strength. Second place goes to the Treecko line because they're awesome in RSE and in the PMD games, and third place goes to the Snivy line, because they're regal snakes and they have the Contrary ability.

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Same here, I also love Bulbasuar. Bulbasuar skills are very handy and useful especially for starters.

Years
  • my favorite grass starter is definitely turtwig, because it was my very first pokemon. i also love snivy, though, as i remember using it for my first playthrough of black and i remember loving it a great deal. after transferring it and all the rest of my pokemon to x, i can see why, as it was one of the only two strong pokemon on the team since i didnt know that your team should be balanced.. i think my serperior was level 88, my stoutland was level 100, and the rest of my team were from 40-50..

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I voted for Snivy because it's my favorite, but I always choose the grass starter. I really love them all. Except Venusaur, sorry. But Bulbasaur is so sweet!

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Hard to really pick a clear fave, but I voted for Snivy. ♥ Snivy's line was the first Grass-type evolutionary line I chose in the first playthrough of a Pokémon game (in both Black then later White 2! So I chose Snivy first twice hehe), for good reason. I was close to picking Oshawott but.. Snivy. *_* Bulbasaur and Chikorita are just too cute too, I love how they're both related to flowers (Meganium being my favorite final evolution of any starter, look at that flower! aaa.) in some way too. Adorable~

Years
  • It's a tie between Chikorita and Chespin, though Bulbasaur is very close behind if not right there with them. I love those three so much. <3 Chespin I'll never evolve though since I'm not a fan of its evolutions. Would prefer keeping Chikorita the same as well, though Bulbasaur is pretty cool in his second form.

..Let's just leave them all in their cute first stages and I'll be happy honestly. These guys are massively cute.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    I'm the only one who voted for Chespin? Awww. I love Chespin and Chesnaught, and I can even tolerate Quilladin haha. Bulbasaur and Chikorita are also awesome, but I don't like their evos as much c:

XYP_EN_XY88.png

Years
  • I'm the only one who voted for Chespin? Awww. I love Chespin and Chesnaught, and I can even tolerate Quilladin haha. Bulbasaur and Chikorita are also awesome, but I don't like their evos as much c:

There's a reason Chespin is unpopular as it is. People hate its middle evolution Quilladin due to its design and even Chesnaught gets barely any exposure compared to the other two, at least from what I've seen in the anime so far.

It doesn't help that Froakie and its evolutions completely outshine the other two Kalos starter lines in nearly every single way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bulbasaur wins for me. I like all its evolutionary stages and it remains usable

Back