• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokémon sections on PokéCommunity?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Let's be really meta for a moment: this is pokémon related but not franchise related, rather PokéCommunity related!

On our forums, we have loads of different sections. Many of which are, of course, about pokémon! So what pokémon sections on PC do you visit most often? Is it the gaming or trading sections perhaps? Or maybe you're into battling? Or perhaps you'd rather ship characters in the anime section or collect tcg cards and chat over there... or maybe Pokémon General is where you find yourself spending most of your pokémon forum time?

Basically - what are your most visited pokémon sections on PokéCommunity? :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If we're going meta, I think, I'm going to make it a little bit more of a feedbackish post (as opposed to probably every other person who'll post here :P)

- ORAS: mostly to look for new threads or to help some people in the Help Thread
    - Battle & Team Building: mostly just lurking around, because I like learning more about the metagame (although some discussion seem to require being a rhetorics master just in order to figure out what those people want, throwing around all their "fallacies" and stuff)
    - Pokemon Gaming Central: it's probably the only Pokemon section, excluding the Battle section, which isn't boring at the moment
    - Pokemon General: mostly to look for new threads I can post in
    - Game Development Section: I personally thing ROM-Hacks suck and people shouldn't waste their time making them and instead make their own games with a legit game engine. I really think this section needs more love...and better games

And that's about all concerning the Pokemon sections.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokemon General and Pokemon Gaming Central. I go into the game sections here and there, but I find most of the threads boring or it's just the same threads for a long time. Anyway I agree with the user above, for a while now PGC has been the only Pokemon section that isn't boring to death.

Years
  • I love to play games more than anything else, so I visit Pokemon Trivia the most :P But I do like to share my thoughts in PGC a bit.

Years
  • Mine is definitely Pokémon Gaming Central, as I like discussing various aspects of the games. And this can count too if mostly for Pokémon Polls, which was a good thing even before it merged into this forum. And i'll give mention to Challenges and Trade Corner if I can.

Years
  • Pokemon Polls!

Honestly, aside from Pokemon General (and a handful of threads in Pokemon Trivia), I don't venture into the other Pokemon sections as much anymore, which actually disappoints me. I used to spend a lot of time in Pokemon Gaming Central, 1st-4th Generation, and even TCG at times, but I don't seem to post around there any more for whatever reason. Hopefully I can fix that soon, once I've got a little more free time on my hands.

Years
  • I mainly visit Pokemon General, Pokemon Clubs and pretty much any Pokemon game section that isn't Metal & Color Generation. So yeah I basically have a good presence in the Pokemon discussions here as a result.

My fave of the sections to visit though would be Pokemon Clubs. It's got such fun topics going on in the clubs and it makes you feel happy you're with people who share your Pokemon interests such as certain types, cute Pokemon and such.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I enjoy visiting many different places.
    Challenges- Of course. I even own a challenge there.
    Trades- They're always nice.
    Trivia- Every day. It's too fuun~.... Edit: PT has taken over my life. No other sections exsist. Everyday I check PT to make sure no one else has posted without me. I stay up way too late playing there. This is the end for me.
    Clubs- Poison Type Rules! (I also go to Cute Club~)
    ROM hacking- Especially now for the PC Hack-Off! Go Team #1!
    And whatever happens to catch my eye at the moment, so I've been to each generations' thread at least once.

Last edited:

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I mostly visit Pokemon General And Pokemon Anime Section.
    My most favourite section in these was Pokemon Anime because I like Pokemon very much. and Why not? i am a big Pokemon Fan. {<3}
    This Pokemon section got all the various ongoing discussions/topics about the Pokémon Anime.i love to see People's Opinions on Pokemon Anime.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Pokemon General:
    - I love hearing and listening to everyone's posts about the Pokemon lore and it makes me share some of my own insights as well

Challanges:
    - Monotype challenges helped me revitalize my love of the older gen games, especially Gen 3 and 4 which would be my two favorite old gens to play on, as of now. Reading other challengers' own updates helped me improve my overall gameplay as well.

Generation 4: DPPt
    - After playing Pokemon Platinum for a couple of hours, I found myself looking up to all Gen 4 related threads and reading up on some useful posts.

ROM Hacking:
    - Perhaps my original intention in visiting this site. Checking out the awesome rom hacks i would stumble upon.

I just started playing a Gen 6 game (AS) for once so i can't say that the Current Generation Gaming is my favorite thread.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon General will always be one of my most favorites, for sure.

It's very easy to be creative when writing posts here, really, as we're not limited to discussing only a particular aspect of this franchise. In Pokémon Anime, our conversations, of course, are exclusive to their show, and in Pokémon Trading Card Game, it's all TCG. When it comes to PGen, thanks to it incorporating all kinds of topic into one, things aren't precisely like this--we are not limited in any way.

Aside from that, I also enjoy hanging around Pokémon Clubs every now and again (due to similar reasons), as well as Pokémon Gaming Central.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Pokemon General (because of adventure I'm lying) and Pokemon Trivia because the games there are so fun and I love poke-trivia.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pokemon Trivia
    For obvious reasons if you don't know why go home.

Pokemon Anime
    It was a section that I avoided for a while when I started watching the anime again but eventually decided 'eh why not' and now I do like to do in there from time totime and post my thoughts. Even if my thoughts tend to be unpopular (especially when they come to Ash) sometimes it's just nice to voice what you think about something you love. So there's that. ♥

Other than those two sections I admittedly don't venture very often into others. Perhaps I really should do so more often.

Years
  • Does ROM Hacking count? I stalk Pokemon General from day to day, but, I'm not really posting, but I think its time to post here, don't you think?

Back