• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So I'm planning on making a Trick Room team for Battle Maison Multi Battles, so I need two Megas for it (already decided that one of them will be Mega Camerupt) and two non-megas. I think one of the non-megas will be Bronzong:

Bronzong @ Air Ballon
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Earthquake

What can I have for the other two (one non-mega and one Mega)?

And is it okay if Bronzong doesn't have 0 in Speed IV? I think that'd be hard to breed for and I think just not having 31 in Speed would be satisfactory.
Cresselia is a better Trick Room supporter than Bronzong, as it has much better bulk and better support options in Helping Hand to power up Mega Camerupt's attacks:
-Trick Room
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Helping Hand/Safeguard/Sunny Day
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 236 HP/204 Def/68 SDef
Item: Mental Herb/Sitrus Berry
Sheer Force @Life Orb Feraligatr

Waterfall or Aqua Jet? Waterfall hits way harder and has a flinch chance, but with the L.O and Sheer Force Aqua Jet goes up to something like 140 base power (including STAB). Could be wrong, I'm not the best at maths.
Point is, it hits freaking hard and has priority - neat. Also, it'd let Feraligatr be a revenge killer as well as a sweeper.
It also has DD.
Always use Waterfall on Sheer Force Feraligatr. Not only is it STAB, it also benefits from Sheer Force. Sheer Force removes all secondary effects from the moves it powers up, Waterfall's flinch chance being one of them. Aqua Jet only sees use on Swords Dance sets; its Speed won't be boosted if it opts for that. Dragon Dance also alleviates the need for Feraligatr to use Aqua Jet, as the former boosts Speed:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Crunch/Superpower
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

Years
Always use Waterfall on Sheer Force Feraligatr. Not only is it STAB, it also benefits from Sheer Force. Sheer Force removes all secondary effects from the moves it powers up, Waterfall's flinch chance being one of them. Aqua Jet only sees use on Swords Dance sets; its Speed won't be boosted if it opts for that. Dragon Dance also alleviates the need for Feraligatr to use Aqua Jet, as the former boosts Speed:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Crunch/Superpower
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

I know what Sheet Force does, I just forgot that it doesn't power up Aqua Jwt.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
But how do you slow Cresselia down enough to benefit from Trick Room? What if you could somehow make it fast at the start to set up Trick Room, but slowed down after it's used Trick Room? Edit: Never mind forgot Trick Room has decreased priority.

Also do you have any suggestions for the other Pokémon? I was thinking of perhaps Mega Steelix.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
But how do you slow Cresselia down enough to benefit from Trick Room? What if you could somehow make it fast at the start to set up Trick Room, but slowed down after it's used Trick Room? Edit: Never mind forgot Trick Room has decreased priority.

Also do you have any suggestions for the other Pokémon? I was thinking of perhaps Mega Steelix.

Mega Steelix is a very underwhelming Mega because not only does it face stiff competition from Mega Aggron, it's also dependent on sand support to function. Better examples are Escavalier, Conkeldurr Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow.

Years
I need help. I wish to build a Doubles Talonflame with this set:

Ability: Gale Wings
Item: Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
-Brave Bird
-Tailwind
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect

The problem is that I'm not sure of any good EV spreads for this moveset or which Nature to run. Are there any good suggestions?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I need help. I wish to build a Doubles Talonflame with this set:

Item: Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
-Brave Bird
-Tailwind
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect

The problem is that I'm not sure of any good EV spreads for this moveset or which Nature to run. Are there any good suggestions?

Adamant should be the nature. Flare Blitz is a needed move on Talonflame so it can hit Steel Pokemon not named Heatran. Here's a better set for it:
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-Tailwind/Will-o-Wisp
-Protect
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

If you haven't yet, I would consider Reuniclus.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

I c/p'd this from Smogon but it should suffice--tweak the EVs as you like but make sure to keep 252 SpA EVs and Quiet nature. It's a really good Trick Room abuser! However, you should have something to take care of Bug- and Dark-types beforehand because they can threaten an otherwise flawless sweep. Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
If you haven't yet, I would consider Reuniclus.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

I c/p'd this from Smogon but it should suffice--tweak the EVs as you like but make sure to keep 252 SpA EVs and Quiet nature. It's a really good Trick Room abuser! However, you should have something to take care of Bug- and Dark-types beforehand because they can threaten an otherwise flawless sweep. Cheers!
I actually already plan on using it because you recommended it on the Battle Server. I'll use this on my Showdown TR team as well. Emboar could take care of both Dark and Bug, and it's got good HP and Attack as well as being slow enough for a TR team. Would this be a good idea?

Thank you both PlatinumDude and Zeffy :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Emboar could take care of both Dark and Bug, and it's got good HP and Attack as well as being slow enough for a TR team. Would this be a good idea?

Hrm, well, Emboar is okay I guess. However, I would recommend still having some fast Pokemon--especially ones to take care of your Trick Room sweepers' counters. Just because you're utilizing Trick Room doesn't mean it's a good idea to pack an offensive team full of slow Pokemon--you can't utilize Trick Room if your setter/s is/are already fainted :(

Oh, and if you need help making a team then you should make a team help thread :) You'll get better (and probably more) replies that way, especially from people who have some first hand experience with Trick Room teams. Cheers!

Years
Kyurem Black questions

I apologize if this not the correct spot to ask this question, but I was wondering when fusing Kyurem and Zekrom together which IVs and nature does the resulting kyurem black take and does the OT and ID# matter? Also, if the kyurem is shiny and the zekrom is not will the kyurem black still be shiny?

For example if I where to fuse the following, would it just use the kyurem IVs and nature for the resulting kyurem black?
Kyurem
Naive 31/31/31/31/31/31

and
Zekrom
Docile x/x/x/x/x/x

Just looking for an answer. If this is not the correct spot could the mods please let me know where the best spot to ask this would be.

Thanks

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I apologize if this not the correct spot to ask this question, but I was wondering when fusing Kyurem and Zekrom together which IVs and nature does the resulting kyurem black take and does the OT and ID# matter? Also, if the kyurem is shiny and the zekrom is not will the kyurem black still be shiny?

For example if I where to fuse the following, would it just use the kyurem IVs and nature for the resulting kyurem black?
Kyurem
Naive 31/31/31/31/31/31

and
Zekrom
Docile x/x/x/x/x/x

Just looking for an answer. If this is not the correct spot could the mods please let me know where the best spot to ask this would be.

Thanks
Black Kyurem will take on the regular Kyurem's attributes, like nature, EVs, IVs and shininess.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Serperior. Modest or Timid? Which is better?

Objectively, Timid is the serperior superior option. However, some people opt to go Modest to hit harder; which I find a bit unnecessary compared to the utility of outspeeding other stuff and getting those +2 boosts faster.

also pls don't kill me for making that terrible pun ;_;

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Thank you. Now anyone has a good build and moveset for Seviper. I have an idea, but I don't know how effective it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back