• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screw time, we have summer!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Or rather: having to change the time on your clock, because Daylight Saving Time! Now I wonder: who else is fortunate enough to live in a place where you have to do it? What are your thoughts on it and if you don't have to change your clock, would you like it to be introduce in your area?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think its weird haha. I stayed up later than I should, lulling myself with tv and suddenly it was 3 o'clock. 2 am just poofed.

But we'll get brighter evenings faster and that's so wonderful <3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • HELL YES 1 MORE HOUR OF SLEEP FROM NEXT SUNDAY.

I generally hate daylight saving when it comes on to begin with because it means I have to get up 1 hour earlier around the time final projects assignments are due ;-; However, I do like having more sun out during summer.

pkmin3033

The day the clocks go forward is one of the worst days of the year. It throws my body clock into complete chaos, and it takes me a few days to recover from it. Lighter evenings make it harder to sleep, as well. Plus...it means summer is approaching. Summer means miserable weather and kids out of school. It's the beginning of the worst point in the year. I wish we'd stop this archaic and pointless practice and just leave the damn clocks alone already. It's unbelievably irritating.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think its a stupid process they only did it as far as I know during the first world war to enhance productivity in factory's and to grow more crops on Farms but never stopped it after the war.
    I wish they would just leave it so we have the longer days in the summer and I hate changing all my clocks.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I forgot about it. I was supposed to meet up with an ex-classmate @3pm, but I obviously slept an extra hour and fucked up it so now we're meeting @4pm. :')

Sirfetch’d

Doesn't necessarily bother me since my sleep schedule is awkward anyway. >.>

Mine got messed up so bad after the change haha. Though I enjoy the longer days so I am not too upset about the time change. The first few days are so hard to adjust to though :'(

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I used to live in Maine, and let me tell you... changing clocks was ALWAYS a pain in the ass then. We now live in Arizona. It's much better here because we don't do that. It's a relief because it was such a hassle since most things like the stove, alarm clocks or microwaves had to be set manually. I'm actually GLAD we don't do it anymore.

I honestly don't really get DST. I mean, what's the point?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was like "oh shit did I miss dst", we literally just had it a couple weeks ago haha. But looks like most of y'all are outside the US

And I wouldn't call it "fortunate" (although OP could be sarcastic lol), it's generally more of a hassle than a benefit. But seeing the amount of daylight change is sorta fun I guess.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The day the clocks go forward is one of the worst days of the year. It throws my body clock into complete chaos, and it takes me a few days to recover from it. Lighter evenings make it harder to sleep, as well. Plus...it means summer is approaching. Summer means miserable weather and kids out of school. It's the beginning of the worst point in the year. I wish we'd stop this archaic and pointless practice and just leave the damn clocks alone already. It's unbelievably irritating.
    Isn't there an environmental reason to change clocks?

My place ends their daylight savings time later than the rest, because we want to continue saving our light energy in order to decrease climate changes. Outside of the important dates to change the time, I only change my clock once in a while, because it already moves ahead time no matter where I put it.

Back