• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Fire Red Egglocke help

Cannerek

Ultimate Psychic Weapon!
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    Hi. I wanted to start a egglocke in Pokemon Fire Red but i don't know how. Can someone explain it for me?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not sure if your question is about what an egglocke entails (sending eggs over at pre-determined points and using those team members to beat the game, with nicknames, permadeath, and any other rules you want to add), or if it's about the logistics of doing an egglocke in FR. In general, for an egglocke on an older game, you'll need a second cartridge to breed the eggs you want to use, and you'll have to trade them to the game you want to do the egglocke on and hatch them. However, I'm not sure FireRed lets you trade eggs before you get the National Dex, which may make it difficult to do an egglocke. (I haven't tried trading eggs in FRLG pre-National Dex, and it's been a while since I've thought about it, but I'm pretty sure it won't work.) To get around that issue, what you could do is hatch eggs in your breeding game, trade the Pokemon at level 5 to FR, and then add them to your team periodically as you go through the game. You may face obedience issues early on, depending on how you level your team, but you should be ok, and once you get past the start, the level limits for obedience should go up enough that you shouldn't run into problems unless you grind or only use one or two Pokemon.

Since there's no wifi for gen III, you won't be able to get random egg offerings from others, so you'll have some control over your team. If you want to randomize it more, you could use a random number generator to assign you Pokemon lines to work with, and then breed those.

Cannerek

Ultimate Psychic Weapon!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    I'm not sure if your question is about what an egglocke entails (sending eggs over at pre-determined points and using those team members to beat the game, with nicknames, permadeath, and any other rules you want to add), or if it's about the logistics of doing an egglocke in FR. In general, for an egglocke on an older game, you'll need a second cartridge to breed the eggs you want to use, and you'll have to trade them to the game you want to do the egglocke on and hatch them. However, I'm not sure FireRed lets you trade eggs before you get the National Dex, which may make it difficult to do an egglocke. (I haven't tried trading eggs in FRLG pre-National Dex, and it's been a while since I've thought about it, but I'm pretty sure it won't work.) To get around that issue, what you could do is hatch eggs in your breeding game, trade the Pokemon at level 5 to FR, and then add them to your team periodically as you go through the game. You may face obedience issues early on, depending on how you level your team, but you should be ok, and once you get past the start, the level limits for obedience should go up enough that you shouldn't run into problems unless you grind or only use one or two Pokemon.

Since there's no wifi for gen III, you won't be able to get random egg offerings from others, so you'll have some control over your team. If you want to randomize it more, you could use a random number generator to assign you Pokemon lines to work with, and then breed those.

I'm actually asking if someone can do random eggs on my emulator fire red save

Back