• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Fossils

Which Kalos fossil did you choose?

• Total voters

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
  • Went with the sail fossil for a few reasons.

1) Amaura is adorable.
    2) Decent 'Mon to take on the Kalos E4.
    3) I knew people would be breeding Tyrantums for competitive play, so any that end up on the trading circuit are gonna have something good on them. Lo and behold, I get a Tyrunt with perfect HP, Attack, and Sp.Def IVs on Wonder Trade.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I prefer Tyrunt and Tyrantrum! Unique typing and great design. (: My most favorite fossil Pokemon so far! (:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I preferred the design of Amaura so I chose the sail fossil.

I didn't end up using it on my team though, I didn't like it enough for that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Gonna have to give this one to Tyrunt. Not that Amaura isn't cool but something about an ancient dragon type was just too much for me not to scoop it up. When it comes to competitive they both have their spots on certain teams. Specs refrigerate hyper-voice is power but I'd still prefer a banded head smash ^^.

Azryal

Archangel of death, destruction, and reasonably pr
    Years
  • I also had to go with Tyrunt. Don't get me wrong, I think Amaura is cute AF, but I've got a soft spot for Dragon types and he also reminded me of Chomper from The Land Before Time.

HOWEVER... I do have one question regarding these fossils:
    Lets say I want a female Tyrunt. Can I just save before I revive it, then if it isn't a female, boot up my old save and repeat until I get a girl??? Or is the male/female chance tied to your specific game...?

Because I want to breed dem little fellers.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • As someone who grew up in the 90s, Jurassic Park remains to this day one of my favourite movies of all time, so when we finally got a tyrannosaurus Pokémon I was ecstatic. I use it all the time. Except one playthrough as a female character where I felt Aurorus was a better fit for my team as it's a very feminine design as opposed to the more masculine looking Tyrantrum.

Years
  • HOWEVER... I do have one question regarding these fossils:
    Lets say I want a female Tyrunt. Can I just save before I revive it, then if it isn't a female, boot up my old save and repeat until I get a girl??? Or is the male/female chance tied to your specific game...?

Yes, it is entirely possible to soft reset for a fossil with certain gender/nature/IVs etc. So just save and keep resetting until you get the female Tyrunt you desire.

Azryal

Archangel of death, destruction, and reasonably pr
    Years
  • Yes, it is entirely possible to soft reset for a fossil with certain gender/nature/IVs etc. So just save and keep resetting until you get the female Tyrunt you desire.

Alright! Thanks a lot for the info! Gonna make a bunch o' dino babies then.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    In my opinion, this is definitely the best Pokemon fossil pair so far. Whilst I adore both, I sided with Aurorus mostly because I think Amaura is very cute. A few years ago I designed dinosaur Pokemon when I was at uni and Amaura is very similar to one I drew ;) Although now I still have a little regret that I didn't choose Tyrunt, mostly because I would love to say "we have a T-Rex" :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love both. I usually love all Dino based fossils. But I had to go with Tyrunt. I love Ice type pokemon, my favorite type, but I also love dragons. Not to mention I liked the color of Tyrunt.

I used it until the 6th gym, and then I stopped using it.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I really love both fossils. But overall, I chose Tyrunt; I have a soft spot for Tyrantrum, even though I boxed mine before I even evolved it.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    As for me, I picked Amaura mainly because my play through was an Ice-monotype and I needed Electric coverage. It became one of my better team members oddly.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I picked Amaura because Ice types are in my top five list and I also like its design, evolution line and think it's pretty cute. I haven't evolved mine yet and it's already past the level of when it evolves. I'll evolve it eventually lol.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I chose Amaura just because it was so cute and even though it doesn't do as well in the competitive scene I still managed to find a place for it in my team. No one is ever expecting a cute little Amaura in LC with Choice Specs Refrigerate Hyper Beam.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • Battle wise:Tyrunt

Fossil Dragons was just too much for me plus I'm Jurrasic Park fan

Design wise:Amaura

SO CUTE!!It can also learn a lot of interesting/strong moves

Back